USMC.jpg

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
USMC soldiers with a FIM-92
View attachment 2397

One of the world's greatest MANPADs ever made, and still in the top of the list.<!?!>

US army designed a new launch platform [first of its kind ] in order to mount the Stinger on ground vehicles, so it can deal with a wide range of threats such as unmanned aircraft systems, cruise missiles, and rockets, artillery, and mortars. There was a successful test of the new platform, held in 23 March.

US_Army_test-fired_FIM-92_Stinger_missile_from_its_newest_launch_platform_IFPC_In_2-I_640_001.jpg

U.S. Army test-fired FIM-92 Stinger missile from its newest launch platform IFPC Inc 2-I 12903164 | weapons defence industry military technology UK | analyse focus army defence military industry army

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
Heckler & Koch to build new US Army sniper rifle | IHS Jane's 360

Heckler & Koch has been awarded the US Army's Compact Semi-Automatic Sniper System (CSASS) with a potential USD44.5 million initial contract, according to a 1 April announcement.

The German company's US subsidiary bested seven other bids for the work, understood to be with its Heckler & Koch G28 (Gewehr-28) Designated Marksman Rifle, meant to supplement the army's 7.62 mm M110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System (SASS) fleet.

Under the deal the army could order up to 3,643 CSASS units, after initial qualification and operational testing on 30 CSASS units.

According to the programme's February 2014 presolicitation notice, the army wanted enough CSASSs "to match the current M110 Army Acquisition Objective" of no more than 3,643.

"The CSASS will more effectively execute a broad spectrum of missions" than the M110, that notice said. "The CSASS will provide the following upgrades: improved reliability, improved accuracy, and improved ergonomics; reduced weight and length; advanced coatings; improved optics; reduced felt recoil; enhanced suppressor performance; enhanced modular rail capabilities; an improved bipod, trigger, pistol grip, and butt-stock."

According to Jane's Infantry Weapons , the Heckler & Koch G28 is a development of the civilian MR308 competition rifle (also known as the Distinguished Match Rifle - DMR762). The G28 is in service with the German Bundeswehr

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The US M18 Claymore Anti-Personnel-Mine

When the US M18 Claymore Anti-Personnel-Mine is detonated, it sends out 700 metal balls travelling at high velocity. These balls can kill or seriously injure soldiers in the 100 meter blast radius !

1280px-Claymore_Recon_placement.jpg

:eek: <)0(>

IMG_5766.jpg

OursIsTheFury

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
Yes, the US Armed Forces are incredibly powerful, however, the equipment the US gives to their soldiers are all coming from average citizens' tax dollars though. And I think people are getting tired of funding international defenses and tactical strikes, as ammunition costs thousands of their well earned dollars. I think we should invest more on peace talks rather than storing arms and ammunition, as it would be more cost effective and, let's face it, less lives would be at risk.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
5 April 2014

American and Saudi soldiers eating Kabsa (meat and rice), in a joint military exercise, held in Tabuk northwest of Saudi Arabia : ~^~

ChpP4epW0AAX214.jpg

Strike Eagle

Reactions
227 2 0
Country
USA
New York Army National Guard Soldiers, assigned to Company A, 1st Battalion 69th Infantry, check a street corner while training at the New York Police Department's urban training facility at Rodman's Neck in New York
NG.jpg