US Presidential Elections 2020 - News & Updates | Page 4 | World Defense

US Presidential Elections 2020 - News & Updates

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Nah, you're making unsubstantiated claims. All Congressmen make money and have opportunities to make money. But, in this country when it comes to candidates running for presidency there are laws in place to prevent them from raking in money like you think. But, like I said they have other opportunities that don't involve running for President to make money.

In this case endorsing Biden means nothing. They are democrats and the democratic party wants Biden to be their frontrunner. Just like when Republicans like Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and others endorsed Trump once they dropped out. Did Rubio and Cruz get something in return just based off notion they dropped out and endorsed Republican Party candidate?
Heck no, the establishment was supporting them, not Trump.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Here you go, this will help you educate yourself on these matters:

Candidate salary

The candidate may receive a salary from his or her campaign committee only under the following conditions:
  • The salary must be paid by the principal campaign committee;
  • The salary must not exceed the lesser of the minimum annual salary for the federal office sought or what the candidate received as earned income in the previous year;
  • Individuals who elect to receive a salary from their campaign committees must provide income tax records and additional proof of earnings from relevant years upon request from the Commission;
  • Payments of salary from the committee must be made on a pro-rata basis (a candidate may not receive a whole year’s salary if he or she is not a candidate for an entire twelve-month period);
  • Incumbent federal officeholders may not receive a salary payment from campaign funds; and
  • The first payment of salary shall be made no sooner than the filing deadline for access to the primary election ballot in the state in which the candidate is running for office.
Salary payments may continue until the date when the candidate is no longer considered a candidate for office or until the date of the general election or general election runoff. For special elections, payments may continue from the date that the special election is set until the date of the special election.

Automatic personal use

The regulations list some expenses that are automatically considered to be personal use. Based on these rules, the following paragraphs discuss what kinds of expenses the campaign can and cannot pay for.

Household food items and supplies

The candidate cannot use campaign funds to pay for food purchased for daily consumption inside the home or supplies needed to maintain the household. The campaign may, however, pay for food and supplies for fundraising activities and campaign meetings (even when they take place in the candidate's home).

Funeral, cremation and burial expenses

Campaign funds cannot be used to cover expenses related to deaths within the candidate’s family. They may, however, be used to cover funeral, cremation and burial expenses for a candidate or campaign worker whose death arises out of, or in the course of, campaign activity.

Clothing

The campaign cannot pay for attire for political functions (for example, a new tuxedo or dress), but it can pay for clothing of de minimis value that is used in the campaign, such as T-shirts or caps imprinted with a campaign slogan.

Tuition payments

Campaign funds may not be used for tuition payments unless the payments are associated with training campaign staff. In AO 1997-11, the Commission allowed a federal officeholder to use campaign funds to cover her costs for a Spanish immersion class that she took to better communicate with her constituents.

Mortgage, rent and utility payments

The campaign may not pay for mortgage, rent or utilities for the personal residence of the candidate or the candidate’s family even if part of the residence is being used by the campaign. However, the Commission has allowed the use of campaign funds to pay for home security enhancements made in response to threats to an officeholder's safety. In these cases, the security upgrades were not considered personal use because the threats would not exist irrespective of the officeholders’ candidacy or duties as an officeholder.

In addition, the campaign may pay for long distance calls made for campaign purposes from the candidate’s residence or the residence of his or her family.

Investment expenses

The campaign may not pay for investment expenses such as acquiring securities on margin unless all of the investment and its proceeds are used for the purpose of influencing the candidate’s election for federal office or for one of the permissible non-campaign uses of funds discussed on this page.

Entertainment

The campaign may not pay for admission to sporting events, concerts, theater and other forms of entertainment. Campaign funds may be used, however, if the entertainment is part of a specific officeholder or campaign activity. They may not be used for a leisure outing at which the discussion occasionally focuses on the campaign or official functions.
What does that have to do with anything, I told you, they have established ways of doing this, like the no show job, the lifetime job as an advisor to the Clinton Foundation, heck just look at Joe Bidens son, with his Board gig with Barisma. You're not educating anyone, you showing your ignorance of how political payoffs work.

Last edited:

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
It works like this:

After Barack Obama became an Illinois state legislator, his wife moved up as well, scoring a job as 'vice president of community relations' at the University Of Chicago Hospital for a very generous salary of $121,910. When Obama became a senator in 2005, her 'salary' leapfrogged to $$316,962 for the same job...and one of Senator Obama's first acts in office was to see to it that the hospital received over a million dollars of your tax dollars as an earmark.

and after she left, the position was closed

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Heck no, the establishment was supporting them, not Trump.

Establishment Republicans endorsed and help enable Trump, so I don't really get what point you're trying to make. All I was saying was it's not necessarily true that that candidates endorse others only if they get some special position in return. They are a party and work in tandem with each other and support each other. They pay each other back by supporting their fellow congruents in the same party.

Those that endorsed Biden are establishment democrats and there is nothing surprising or suspicious about that like you seem to insinuate.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
What does that have to do with anything, I told you, they have established ways of doing this, like the no show job, the lifetime job as an advisor to the Clinton Foundation, heck just look at Joe Bidens son, with his Board gig with Barisma. You're not educating anyone, you showing your ignorance of how political payoffs work.

There is no ignorance on my part, there is ignorance and hate on your part. You smear the democrats and demonize them because Fox News taught you a culture of hatred that is one sided. If you were a justice warrior that called out both sides(republican and democrat establishments) then you wouldn't even had responded to my news updates post about the endorsements for Biden.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
It works like this:

After Barack Obama became an Illinois state legislator, his wife moved up as well, scoring a job as 'vice president of community relations' at the University Of Chicago Hospital for a very generous salary of $121,910. When Obama became a senator in 2005, her 'salary' leapfrogged to $$316,962 for the same job...and one of Senator Obama's first acts in office was to see to it that the hospital received over a million dollars of your tax dollars as an earmark.

Qualifications + Connections help you get jobs, what does this have to do with your point about endorsements? This doesn't prove that Buttigeg and Amy got something significant in return for endorsing Biden. They are establishment democrats endorsing the front runner candidate for the Democratic party and you seem to be the only confused by that.

If you are bothered by high salaries then you first should look at the tv anchors you watch on Fox News that are worth north of $100 million each.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
It works like this:

Btw, assuming we say the pay raise was related to Obama becoming a senator that year, then how doesn't this make sense to you? It's a private institution, so let's assume they wanted to keep her, they had to pay up, otherwise she will find a better and higher paying job due to real estate associated with her name. It's like an automotive company, they want to make an advertisement for a special new car they want to promote, they can hire a nobody or pay a celebrity large sums of money to be in the ad in order for their marketing campaign to be highly effective. If they lowball the celebrities agent, he will ignore that offer and move on to the many other companies reaching out as the demand for such celebs to be included into marketing campaigns is high.

This is part of having a free market/mixed economy, which is Capitalism, are you now against it?

Btw, Republicans do this too, do you have any idea how rich your republican candidates(including the President) are? And then also you need to realize there is a money worship culture in this country and everyone is trying to make six figures and above because that is associated with luxury, ease of living and success.

But I never seen you express discontent about this money worship culture we have as a result of Capitalism. So I'm not going to take serious your pretend outrage at Obama's wifes' salary.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
You seem like someone who is trying hard to live in a black and white world in which you don't follow a set of principles. And you think you are unique about it(with your whole Trump movement) but reality is you aren't any different than every human society over the past century. You are all like each other deluding yourselves into thinking you have something new going on but you don't. It's the same, just switching roles.

This is the result of when humans reject God. They just reproduce old trends or build upon unoriginal, old trends. And each time it is branded a revolution(whether political or cultural) for God knows what reasons.

In my lifetime I have seen nothing inspiring out of the typical human societies we have around the world and have not seen any change. I am only inspired by God who presented to us the truths in which no perception or bias can affect them. They are simply true. And only following God and obeying him will bring something different, unique and special.

Yet humans insist on keeping us in the same cycle of failed culture in which they want us to be attached to money/pleasures/nationalism and ignoring God's commandments. So people in our societies all try to do the same thing and none of them stick to their original/true personalities. Instead they follow these trends to fit in. And as a result we reward bad behavior as humans. And this is why we have some of the unhappiest societies today.

In America, it may look prosperous from outside, but come live here and see how people backstab each other, how peoples families broke apart, how people have no self respect anymore, how people curse each other, how people hate each other, how people roll eyes at each other, how people are fake to each other, how people lie to each other, how people hurt each other, how people don't help one another, how people bully each other, how people easily move on from each other, how people use each other, how people ignore God together ....

And we see same evil of humans all around the world that manifest in different ways. All because they despised their Prophet's and rejected God, the Lord who taught them how to be good to each other and how to find true joy and peace in their lives.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
There is no ignorance on my part, there is ignorance and hate on your part. You smear the democrats and demonize them because Fox News taught you a culture of hatred that is one sided. If you were a justice warrior that called out both sides(republican and democrat establishments) then you wouldn't even had responded to my news updates post about the endorsements for Biden.
Well, you sir are the most ignorant person on earth, you think that these people are in it for the better good and not for their pockets, ha ha ha. How do they all become millionaires. Did you even look into Biden son and Burisma? No I won't even read your long winded posts of BS from an ignorant person, everyone else knows what goes on except you. Hey, I got a door for you to lick

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
I am no justice warrior, and I had no idea you endorsed Biden, I think we spoke the other day and you said you were not paying attention till the actual Presidential election. Again you tell me what my position is, and my thoughts, this is new, you even tell me where I got them from, which I haven't watched FOX news in probably 3yrs since the last election. What a dummy, you think these people aren't out to make money, ha ha ha. I have scraped smarter things off the bottom of my shoe

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
@Scorpion , do you still think we can get along? All I did was make a statement, that is most likely true, and the attack was made.

Just like this thread

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Like I said you have no idea what you're talking about and your hypocrisy is on display. I described exactly what you are, a failed product of hate from Fox News. Watches anchors worth $100 million and says nothing about it. But whines about Obamas wifes salary. Then claims I endorse Biden even though Im not even voting. Because he can't support his unsubstantiated claims.

And I'm not trying to get along with you or whatever that means. You need to earn respect if you expect it around here.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
@Scorpion , do you still think we can get along? All I did was make a statement, that is most likely true, and the attack was made.

Just like this thread

Nope, your post is part of a pattern displayed by you in which you're just trashing one party with slurs or false allegations for propaganda purposes and it's not going to be tolerated here. I will request admin to deal with you if you don't cut it out with your unsubstantiated claims , slurs intended to demonize candidates and blogs with fabricated news you keep posting.

You need to learn how to be civil , and part of that means keeping your toxic culture to yourself.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
I am no justice warrior, and I had no idea you endorsed Biden, I think we spoke the other day and you said you were not paying attention till the actual Presidential election. Again you tell me what my position is, and my thoughts, this is new, you even tell me where I got them from, which I haven't watched FOX news in probably 3yrs since the last election. What a dummy, you think these people aren't out to make money, ha ha ha. I have scraped smarter things off the bottom of my shoe

You are a middle class citizen that watched Fox news anchors worth 200$ million and support Republican congressmen worth millions but had double standard for Democrats because of toxic hate culture you learned from your party and Fox news. If you want to hate people go do it in your American forums. This is not an American forum.

Also work on your insecurities. Having so much hate is directly correlated to the insecurities you have in your life and the need to feel a sense of purpose in life. Before fox news you didn't have anything. After Fox news youve become just another useful idiot for multimillionaire Republicans. All while you struggle paycheck to paycheck as someone likely of the middle class.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
You realize no one else here besides you is using slurs towards candidates and attacking one party even though you admit you are a zero principles person. Which should mean you don't care about anything but you're also a liar on top of being a zero principles person.

I can do as you do and use slurs towards Republican candidates and Trump. And also spread pro-Democrat and anti Republican narrative and you will be crying about it and calling me toxic if I did. You just want to continue your behavior and deny facts and pass false allegations as facts.

Since you also don't value logic or facts and resort to communist style propaganda of denial and rejecting factual information. Which is ironic since you smear Bernie as a Commie, ha ha. You sure need to look in the mirror , buddy. :D