US Presidential Elections 2020 - News & Updates | Page 6 | World Defense

US Presidential Elections 2020 - News & Updates

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
@Bundeswehr what do you think about Trump?
well he has for example been pretty tough on the immigration policy which has plagued the Southern Border and told China to go off, because he wanted to bring jobs back to the US which he kind of done (7,000 out of 25,000 he promised If I remember right) and told NATO Countries to increase defence spending and raised the economic growth by 2% and a lot of people support that he isn't as military interventionist as previous administrations.

however there is more cons than that of pros, he wanted Tariffs placed on all countries friendly or not, which has turned around an bit, him considering he tried with European countries and failed miserably, he wanted to rid Obamacare (still hasn't been done).

but it's not Trump himself, that I don't support, it's his supporters that annoy me real easily. they won't hold a conversation with someone who isn't conservative, they act like this "it's my way or the highway", scared to learn a foreign language and consider any and all immigrants like criminals, believe that Trump has done nothing wrong at all (believes all Trump's faults are actually Obama's and Clinton's), and much more.

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
are there any other Republicans running for office or just Trump?
Bill Weld, he was Republic turned Libertarian turned Republican again as many claims (he still mostly Conservative with Progressive views with a dash or two leftism) anyways he is running for presidency as Republican, because many people are supporting Conservatives because how much hate has came out it in this last election....
Bill Weld doesn't stand a chance against Trump because Trump is respected/has a bigger league in terms of a Republican Conservative but Weld has stood against Trump because Trump has emplaced harder Immigration policies against Illegals and is very patriotic to that of the US, which people nowadays I guess find offensive, to support their own country

Yıldırım

Reactions
823 2 0
Country
Turkey
@Bundeswehr I have a few more questions that'd I'd like to ask, and some probably won't have to do with Trump or US election, but in general still political related.
1. why do the Houston Mayor and Texas Governor dislike one another with a passion? and does Turner have a problem with Trump?
2. why does Chicago's mayor dislike the idea of Federal officers in the city limits?
3. what is it with Portland, Oregon and not wanting the riots to come to a halt?

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
@Bundeswehr I have a few more questions that'd I'd like to ask, and some probably won't have to do with Trump or US election, but in general still political related.
1. why do the Houston Mayor and Texas Governor dislike one another with a passion? and does Turner have a problem with Trump?
2. why does Chicago's mayor dislike the idea of Federal officers in the city limits?
3. what is it with Portland, Oregon and not wanting the riots to come to a halt?
Houston and austin are liberal Democratic cities in otherwise very red Republican state. Houston mayor is democrat while texas Gov is a hardline Republican.
It is not that Oregon gov doesn't want to stop the riots. She doesn't want to use excessive force. You need to know the background of Portland police. It has a very anti minorities track record.

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
1A. Turner and Abbott strongly started disliking one another especially over Hurricane Harvey, the state sent it's crews to help remove debris, search for victims etc. but what started it was Abbott sent the city money so Houston could rebuild homes and renovate a number of them as well, however it's been 3 years (they are still recovering from it) and it's been slow, very few new homes been built and hardly any been renovated because guess what? that's right Turner, took the money and never invested it into said projects. so with that said Abbott is taking away funds from the Harvey recovery project, and putting funds into somewhere more useful.

1B. Turner protested the so called "Ban Sanctuary city" law in Texas, so in other words in the eyes of the State (Abbott) Houston is an official sanctuary city, however in Turner's view it's an unofficial sanctuary city, hence why ICE is being very proactive in Houston, but guess what the local media ain't saying a word. Turner tried claiming it was a "freedom city" which meant no federal officers in Houston please, because we have "no" illegals

1C. Houston is one of the most crime riddled cities in Texas, probably topping in at number 1 or 2, Abbott at one point tried allowing more State Police Patrols, joint units being made, joint investigations etc. to combat said crime rate, however Turner only wanted to rely on HPD (HPD sometimes does have a tendency to be "lazy" when it comes toward actually solving cases unless it's politically motivated).

1D. Turner has done a very horrible job at combatting the COVID-19 crisis in the city, he along with Hidalgo said companies were to pay a $1,000 fine for not enforcing the mask law, take away liquor licenses from bars who didn't enforce/overcrowded their bars + publicly shame them, and then started fining people $500 tickets for not wearing masks in public. however, Abbott tried sending in National Guard units (like 300 medical staff) which Turner did accept, however he was at it again, wanting more public money to most likely stay within the city and barely touch it. he claimed he was having a bed shortage + staff shortage, but of course "money will fix it"

1E. I don't think Turner and Trump truly has had a disagreement to where they hate or dislike one another, however I believe they did have days where they were like "come on man". Turner just cancelled the 2020 GOP Convention which Trump was suppose to arrive.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Lightfoot never actually said she didn't want federal troops (officers) in Chicago, she just didn't want them to respond like what is going on in Portland and didn't want to help ICE Agents arrest people across Chicagoland. she wanted a joint Task Force from the feds which included the FBI, ATF and DEA to help combat Chicago's gang violence and so far, they have arrested a gang leader + 4 of his associates + another ~19 "soldiers" of the gang. a lot of people jumped onto a band wagon "Lightfoot doesn't want federal cops, she wants her city destroyed". however it's not lightfoot that's the problem for Chicago, it's Kim Foxx who sees a person get arrested and does your typical "don't do it again Mr. Bad Guy, you go on home".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. the reason Portland hasn't calmed down a single bit is quite simple, the Mayor of the city is a weakling who allows Antifa to torment and bully people around the city and has tied Portland Police's Hands behind their back. Portland is getting to the point where it's pathetic, the mayor supports the protestors, yet at the same time wonders why the feds are in his city (obvious, they are trying to burn down a federal courthouse). and it's been proven by several videos (including that found on media) some people were caught hurting innocent bystanders or destroying property the cops arrest them, tear gas them etc. and the bully goes home crying to mom.

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
ahem ahem. Bill Weld is not running.

It's Trump versus the democratic machine and the establishment. I'm rooting for Trump, because we should care about the wellbeing of all peoples, including (as detestable as they are), Amrikis.

Yıldırım

Reactions
823 2 0
Country
Turkey
do you like who Biden picked for his Vice Presidential Candidate? and why do Trump-supporters keep saying there is no federal officers in Chicago, or Chicago needs to accept?

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
do you like who Biden picked for his Vice Presidential Candidate? and why do Trump-supporters keep saying there is no federal officers in Chicago, or Chicago needs to accept?
well I have mixed views with her tbh. Biden really only picked Harris because she has Jamaican-Indian roots (this was to partially the racial divide). she also has a stronger stance in bringing law and order, she also helped several Californians from "slum-banks" (mortgage banks) who made it difficult on people, the banks had to pay something like ~$15Billion when it was over with. However I disagree with her on views such as this : cutting the energy field industry, firearm manufacturers (including small businesses helping build rifles/ammo) which all include people losing jobs, which is pretty hypocritical of her considering she actually wants everyone to have job, and supports small businesses.

Chicago does have federal officers here, (I live in Chicago). Mayor Lightfoot made a deal with DC to have a Joint TF that included the FBI, ATF and DEA come to Chicago to help the local PD fight the gang crime, which so far has had 61 people arrested (including a Gang leader).. problem with some of the Trump supporters is this, they want to live in a fantasy in which Chicago is more violent, and needs more security when in fact if you look at Detroit and even St. Louis they are far worst...

however, on another note regarding Harris is this, there is a lot of Conservatives, Libertarians, and Liberals who dislike her because she is from the state of California, which has had a history of passing some of the country's most exotic laws and doesn't want California laws to be passed federally.

Yıldırım

Reactions
823 2 0
Country
Turkey
well I have mixed views with her tbh. Biden really only picked Harris because she has Jamaican-Indian roots (this was to partially the racial divide). she also has a stronger stance in bringing law and order, she also helped several Californians from "slum-banks" (mortgage banks) who made it difficult on people, the banks had to pay something like ~$15Billion when it was over with. However I disagree with her on views such as this : cutting the energy field industry, firearm manufacturers (including small businesses helping build rifles/ammo) which all include people losing jobs, which is pretty hypocritical of her considering she actually wants everyone to have job, and supports small businesses.

Chicago does have federal officers here, (I live in Chicago). Mayor Lightfoot made a deal with DC to have a Joint TF that included the FBI, ATF and DEA come to Chicago to help the local PD fight the gang crime, which so far has had 61 people arrested (including a Gang leader).. problem with some of the Trump supporters is this, they want to live in a fantasy in which Chicago is more violent, and needs more security when in fact if you look at Detroit and even St. Louis they are far worst...

however, on another note regarding Harris is this, there is a lot of Conservatives, Libertarians, and Liberals who dislike her because she is from the state of California, which has had a history of passing some of the country's most exotic laws and doesn't want California laws to be passed federally.
why does so many dislike California, but not Washington, Oregon or New York when comes to politics? it amazes me seriously

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
why does so many dislike California, but not Washington, Oregon or New York when comes to politics? it amazes me seriously
reasons why people dislike California are simple
1. costs (including taxes): California has the highest sales tax in the country, and more or less has tax on everything they can tax. San Francisco is an example of costs, for the cheapest house in San Fran it's like ~$650,000 and it goes up from there.
2. people don't mind Californians, but the one thing they dislike is the fact they move from California and to another state because of failed policies, yet want the same failed policies used in the new state they just came too. (this is becoming really noticeable in Houston, TX and Austin, TX).
3. Homelessness: LA and San Francisco homelessness population is growing dramatically, in which the cities and the state have no idea how to control/combat.. The Homelessness in that State is mostly in the Bay Area where it's really expensive to live (notably in the cities of San Joes, San Francisco and Santa Rosa. This year, though the San Francisco mayor announced he is launched a plan for rapid rehousing, permanent supportive housing and problem and prevention solutions to combat his city's growing problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is people who don't dislike Oregon, but rather people dislike Portland and it's very simple why people dislike Portland
1. Portland, follows amongst the city of Homelessness however I will say this, part of actually isn't the city's fault, Houston and Austin notably give their homeless people a one-way bus ticket to Portland, San Francisco or Seattle to move and live out there, so Texas's cities look like they are "skyrocketing from economic improvement" (I lived in Houston, and the only way you made real good money was from working in the oil or tech industry) and Houston was really expensive, in some cases only ~$45 cheaper then NYC
2. Portland's Mayor, the Mayor of the city is pretty ignorant in many cases, He let Anitfa run his city (still does in matter of fact), quit allowing officers respond to citizens being threatened and Harassed (even prior to the unrest), let's his city burn while yet plays the finger pointing blame game with DC (what's funny is Wheeler agreed to OSP (Oregon State Police) protecting the federal courthouse, in which only lasted ~2 weeks) and his condo was "visited" by Antifa and BLM protestors which he is now planning to move and wants the OSP and County Sheriffs to support the PBB (funny thing is, the county told them nope, while OSP is supposedly in route to Portland).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People mostly dislike about NYC is their mayor, Deblasio
1. Deblasio has been a very under achieving mayor in terms, he let Lyft and Uber take over NYC's taxiing service, while replacing other Taxi services making it difficult to be a Taxi driver in the city
2. has given Lyft (owner of Citi Bikes) several acres of Lands to build Bike stands for the city, which is only used for 3-4 months of the year, hoping it would revenue the city in more money.
3. hasn't improved the NYCHA to fix or repair leaks, mold, elevators or nothing, so New Yorkers are having to live in some bad conditions
4. done nothing for commercial rent controls, when the city is losing several small businesses.
5. hasn't done what he planned in his campaign, such as affordable housing
6. has a rapid crime rate right now across the city, but has not taken enough stronger stances to remotely combat the problem, which you guessed it, New Yorkers are moving.
----------------------------------------------------
I won't get involved with Seattle, because it's a hybrid version of California and Portland)

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
I have never heard anyone saying that there was no federal officers in Chicago, there is rampant shootings and killings in Chicago, they can have literally dozens in a night. This is said to be because Democrat local government has stopped the police from policing in heavily minority areas, one of the ways they have done this in Chicago is to require an officer to write a report every time they come in contact with a minority person, this takes about an hour to do and now cops just don't make contact with them and you have the wild west on the streets.

I don't know a lot about Kamala Harris, it is said that she has no morals and will do anything to get to the top, (she called Joe Biden a racist in the Primary, how did she get on the ticket?) but I do know that a lot of Democrats don't like her either and it is said she was picked to satisfy a certain part of the electorate and if Joe Biden is President and then steps down, she will do what she is told just like Joe Biden. Anyway here is some Democrats talking about her days in California.

Last edited:

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Sorry for all the Joe Rogan stuff, was recently watching some pod casts, but no it's not just California but it's more apparent that more Californians are leaving the state to others, which is pissing people off. Don't bring your failed policies to our state, keep in mind these are not California policies, but Democrat policies, they have been the Democrat petri dish of policies and they have failed. But here is Californian Joe Rogan on leaving.

Last edited:

Yıldırım

Reactions
823 2 0
Country
Turkey
why does people blame Bloomberg and DeBlasio, while supporting Cuomo? aren't they all failures too the City of New York? why is Chicago considered so corrupted?

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
why does people blame Bloomberg and DeBlasio, while supporting Cuomo? aren't they all failures too the City of New York? why is Chicago considered so corrupted?
actually New Yorkers loved Bloomberg because he actually did clean up and help New York improve a lot, while DeBlasio is actually the one hated (I have many New Yorkers on facebook, and none of them have an inch of respect for Deblasio) and they usually are either Pro-Cuomo and at times Neutral. however the overall, view is people don't like them are usually diehard Trump Supporters and Conservatives.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bloomberg, done a lot for the City which improved their lives a lot doing things such as
-rezoning old manufacturing sites to allow construction which skyrocketed
-reduce crime with a more racially sensitive NYPD
-homicide rates reduced
-build educational systems at Rikers Prison, so when prisoners finished their sentencing they could find jobs, have an education to find an job
-expanded the citizen service center which provided social services provided by nonprofit organizations, as well as community and religious organizations to help needy families.
-rather then focus on gun control, he focused on crime control, (he started focusing more domestic violence cases which reduced homicides and suicides')
-built the city's largest solar energy project on State Island
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bloomberg's failures/reasons people dislike him
-banned big sodas which irritated several, (you could only buy medium/small sized sodas)
-supported and implemented for a short while, a Soda Tax (more commonly known as a Sugar Tax) which adds a 2 cents tax on any sugary drinks (Juices, Sodas)
-banned cars from Times Square
-banned Trans-Fats in Restaurants
-wanted only Taxis to be Nissan NV200S, which had to eco-fuel friendly
and the list goes on
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deblasio has done very few, but has done some successful things such as this
-public workers will get $15 an hour, (he was also the first to act on an $15 an hour wage, passing Cuomo) (a side note Deblasio and Cuomo tend to have debates, usually heated, from time to time)
-passed universal Pre-K and Daycare (parents usually have to pay), which in NYC it's now free. which is actually a huge applauding moment, since some families have troubles paying for Daycare
=================================================================
however Deblasio's failures tend to outnumber compared to his accomplishments
-the homelessness has increased under his leadership, hasn't done a thing to remotely fix the problem
-put up a fence at the mayoral residence which is considered illegal
-has done nothing but insult the NYPD for everything they have done (good or bad) and now has been whining and complaining why NYPD won't support him
-he blames COVID 19 for the rise shootings (his city is literally on the verge of surpassing Chicago, which surprises no one has remotely mentioned it) instead of acknowledging defunding the NYPD by a $1 Billion and eliminating bail, so criminals are back on the streets within 24 hours, sometimes sooner
-claims to have lifted 235,000+ people out of poverty when in reality his city's homelessness population keeps increasing or people leaving the city because they can't afford it
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
as for Cuomo it depends on the person you ask, he has done both good and bad, but most people don't like him because his father was governor of the state before him so most just consider him as a "dictator". however he has failed in terms of handling the coronavirus, allowing New Yorkers to travel to various states which increased the virus's reach, put Patients who had COVID into nursing homes which many people passed away, and refused to use a USNS Ship because Trump sent it, but accepted close to a ~1,000 ventilators from China (even though he claimed you can't trust Beijing).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chicago has a corruption problem because we have had a 1 party strong hold for decades, and with any 1 party strong hold anywhere (doesn't matter Republican or Democrat) you will eventually have corruption. however what I will say is this, Chicago does tend to have the "media frame" around which makes it noticeable to the population around the country about it's gun violence and corruption. the other thing I will tell you is, some of the shootings are not always actually within the city of Chicago, but rather suburbs or a city part of the Metropolitan area (such as Cicero and Gary, IN).
when I lived in Houston, that city was getting regularly involved in a number of corruption cases/potential corruption. Houston claims to have helped 1,100 people during the first Rental Assistance Program, while the 2nd is now in discussion of being passed. I still have a number of friends who live in Houston who claim the "help of 1,100" is just falsified info, when there is growing number of evictions and people living in vehicles. another case was the City of Houston and Harris County both wanted an 11% property tax increase, and when people complained, the state intervened and mentioned only 8% could be the max...

so it's not really who is "more corrupted" it's more who gets the spotlight for that in media