War against ISIS | Page 3 | World Defense

War against ISIS

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
Are you saying that those billions are spent just to make the people who spent it richer? If so, that may explain some of the things that don't add up about US military strategy.

Sure. Noam Chomsky passes over this topic in this video, but there's a lot more information available in written form.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
Looks like someone has left behind a lot of lethal weapons in the hands of people who abandon the weapons at the slightest sign of danger. Or did the ISIS buy those weapons?
That's a good question, and I'm not sure if we will ever get the right answer. The weapons could have been donated by nations that oppose the US, If they brought those weapons somebody has a pretty big bank account.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
The problem with ISIS is that none of their troops will be afraid to die for their cause, making them quite more feared. The optimist in me says that they will no longer be a threat, but I really have no idea what 2015 will bring.
There is no telling where they will be next year, but I'm sure they will still be around somewhere. If not there will be a new group with the same agenda. The war on terror has to keep rolling whether it's staged or real. They got to keep the people in fear.

Dez97

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
USA
There is no telling where else they will hit next, but i say everyone should be on their tippy toes and expect anything.

Dez97

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
USA
I think some of these weapons were definitely donated by a few nations, and right now I have one in particular in mind, but lets be careful but not say it, so that I don't be wrong in the future but you know Saudi Arabia has some weapons very similar.

rga1999

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I believe they will. At the end of the day, we are hearing about them less and less in the news. But this doesn't mean that they are not strong arming the land and forcing people to fight in their defense. You can't kill something in 1 year that has been forming for years and years.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
The Daesh must be eliminated. As well as the situation which created them. They are born of ignorance. We can combat this effectively with education. Let's teach the Muslim children to think for themselves. Let's arm the Muslim children with knowledge to combat the lies of Daesh. Let this time next year be a safer place for all of us. And we can only make that happen if we start doing something now. If we just wait for someone to do it for us, this time next year, things can only be worse.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
It's just need more time until they lose their weapons

I doubt if the Daesh would be without weapons any time soon. They got many of their weapons from the weapon caches abandoned by the soldiers they fought. As long as the soldiers who are fighting them are armed with weapons, there's every chance that the Daesh can get their hands on those weapons.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
They must've purchased these stuff somewhere and I really hope and pray that the US doesn't have anything to do with it just like what the rumors are saying since war is a good business. And it looks like these guys are very much ready to attack. What is NATO doing about this???

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Oil prices indeed keep dropping and it is kind of a scary thing where that would lead when it comes to the involvement of these terrorists. I hope they won't be taking over third world countries and build an empire there since the area is cheap and they still have their resources to make a certain 3rd world country jump start their economy. I don't know but I think it's possible.

ClassyTulip

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
The Da'esh has grown over the years as one of the World's most hated and wealthiest organized Jihedist groups. For this reason, I believe that they will continue to be around for a while. Air strikes led by the US has failed to disbar the groups and in some parts of the world, some people find them as an attractive bonus in their lives. This is sickening to say the least! How can someone not be repulsed as to their terrorist antics? They capture cities, torture the citizens, and sometimes recruit children. I truly believe that we'll see more evil deeds done by the group in the near and far future, especially if the world's leaders can't get a grasp on the groups own leaders themselves.

ClassyTulip

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
Oil prices indeed keep dropping and it is kind of a scary thing where that would lead when it comes to the involvement of these terrorists. I hope they won't be taking over third world countries and build an empire there since the area is cheap and they still have their resources to make a certain 3rd world country jump start their economy. I don't know but I think it's possible.
You know what Musicmonster? I think you're on to something. Da'esh surely does has the resources to "jump start'" a third world country's economy. I think that would be a devastation. The children of that economy would grow up to be partitioners of the group, being that they do recruit children, and the women would experience more tormoil having their children snatched before their eyes. The US would have a crisis to deal with concerning more terroristic threats.

ClassyTulip

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
The Daesh must be eliminated. As well as the situation which created them. They are born of ignorance. We can combat this effectively with education. Let's teach the Muslim children to think for themselves. Let's arm the Muslim children with knowledge to combat the lies of Daesh. Let this time next year be a safer place for all of us. And we can only make that happen if we start doing something now. If we just wait for someone to do it for us, this time next year, things can only be worse.
So true, It's a must that something is done now rather than later. We've seen this group make national news and bring terror to the world. It's not too far fetched that we could see an attack on the United State's territory in the far or near future. GOD forbid that they launch an attack on the US financial infrastructure! That would be a gruesome monstrosity. For Heaven's sake, they're already driving 2015 Toyota Trucks in the desert and capturing banking systems.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
They must've purchased these stuff somewhere

I don't think they bought all that. It's a mixed bag. Some they bought. Some were gifted to them. Some they stole. Whatever. It all adds up to a pretty lethal arsenal. I think the US should stop using conventional arms in the Middle-East. A machinegun, for example, can be used equally well by a friendly soldier or an enemy soldier. Perhaps it's time to send drones, both airborne and landbased. A drone only works from its control console which can be 1000s of kilometres from the battlefield. And drones can be programmed to self-destruct.

w92AHyZ.jpg