WDF Exclusive - PAF signs contract for 9 C130J | Page 10 | World Defense

WDF Exclusive - PAF signs contract for 9 C130J

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Transport sqn usually do not have 20-25 aircraft. We uptil 2006 had only one C130 sqn. Then we got some additional refurbished E models from Australia and created a new sqn No 21 which was then moved to PAF Faisal in KHI. Now looking at the break out, I think all of No 6 SQN's older C130s will move to No 21 at PAF Faisal with the oldest Bs being retired. And 6 will get all new C130Js. No 21 also operates Saab 2000 (non erieye) for crew training and light transport, those may move to the new No 52 composite sqn. I have a feeling we will be inducting quite a few more Saab 2000s not just for Erieye conversion but to also use for other ISR platform integration at Kamra.

Now if we get additional KC-130Js.... that will be a force multiplier :D

Only non US transport platform I would like PAF to induct will be the Y20 when it become mature with Chinese powerplants.
Thanks for detial, saab 2000 can be used for decicated EW role as well i think if PAC work on it

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Thanks for detial, saab 2000 can be used for decicated EW role as well i think if PAC work on it
We have gained quite a bit of experience modifying the platform, So I believe most definitely it can be considered for EW/ISR roles.

Ghessan

Reactions
242 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

They have never apologized to anyone and will never do it---.

learning is a thing that we lack and learning never comes without sitting on the two feet of the master getting rid of self esteem, shedding attitude.

unfortunately we do not know this etiquette it comes with upbringing but we are bad parents and bad teachers who never teach which is more important than books.

learning process is very important in developing a nation but its absence has bring us down as a nation and it is a sorry state.

ali razza

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,140 59 0
Country
Oman
DE7E96AF-4114-4617-8989-F8AB991AEF6B.png
so guys turn out J is double as efficient as the old ones
87797CB7-81B6-426B-957A-F40214A4E782.png

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
Transport sqn usually do not have 20-25 aircraft. We uptil 2006 had only one C130 sqn. Then we got some additional refurbished E models from Australia and created a new sqn No 21 which was then moved to PAF Faisal in KHI. Now looking at the break out, I think all of No 6 SQN's older C130s will move to No 21 at PAF Faisal with the oldest Bs being retired. And 6 will get all new C130Js. No 21 also operates Saab 2000 (non erieye) for crew training and light transport, those may move to the new No 52 composite sqn. I have a feeling we will be inducting quite a few more Saab 2000s not just for Erieye conversion but to also use for other ISR platform integration at Kamra.

Now if we get additional KC-130Js.... that will be a force multiplier :D

Only non US transport platform I would like PAF to induct will be the Y20 when it become mature with Chinese powerplants.
On ur point about acquiring more SAAB 2000s...
...I think Pak should consider purchasing it completely from Sweden. There was news earlier about Pak being interested in developing a 10-30 seat passenger airplane...
Quwa Link

I say scrap that 10-30 seat limit...and just go with SAAB 2000(50ish seats for passenger use). It can be produced for civilian use(politicians, generals, and other VIPs), for use by airlines for domestic flights, and is already used by armed forces.

This will give Pak a great start with a reliable turbo prop aircraft...and Pak already has experience with the jet and MRO facilities in place...so the overall cost would be less bcuz of that.

Next up I have a question regarding C130s Pak is getting...
How much does that cover Pak's strategic lift requirements?

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
PAF C-130 plane brings special jet from Turkey to fight locusts
Web Desk On May 6, 2020
C30.jpg

ISLAMABAD: A special jet has arrived in Pakistan from Turkey to help eliminate the menace of locusts that have invaded crops in various parts of the country, posing a serious threat to food security and livelihoods, ARY News reported.
A Pakistan Air Force (PAF) C-130 plane brought the jet for aerial spraying on the swarms of locusts.
The special piper jet will be assembled and used to spray pesticides to kill the locusts in the affected area.

The jet has been acquired from Turkey on a six-month lease.
Read More: Ministry of food security rejects Sindh’s insinuations on locust swarms
It merits mentioning that the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations in a report released in April warned of serious food security crisis this year in Pakistan and several other regional countries due to locust invasions.
“In Pakistan, 38 per cent of the area (60pc in Balochistan, 25pc in Sindh and 15pc in Punjab) are breeding grounds for the desert locust, whereas the entire country is under the threat of invasion if the desert locust is not contained in the breeding regions,” the report titled “Desert locust situation in Pakistan” said.

Attachments

• 1591927307126.png
    1591927307126.png
    68 bytes · Views: 42

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
I
PAF C-130 plane brings special jet from Turkey to fight locusts
Web Desk On May 6, 2020
C30.jpg

ISLAMABAD: A special jet has arrived in Pakistan from Turkey to help eliminate the menace of locusts that have invaded crops in various parts of the country, posing a serious threat to food security and livelihoods, ARY News reported.
A Pakistan Air Force (PAF) C-130 plane brought the jet for aerial spraying on the swarms of locusts.
The special piper jet will be assembled and used to spray pesticides to kill the locusts in the affected area.

The jet has been acquired from Turkey on a six-month lease.
Read More: Ministry of food security rejects Sindh’s insinuations on locust swarms
It merits mentioning that the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations in a report released in April warned of serious food security crisis this year in Pakistan and several other regional countries due to locust invasions.
“In Pakistan, 38 per cent of the area (60pc in Balochistan, 25pc in Sindh and 15pc in Punjab) are breeding grounds for the desert locust, whereas the entire country is under the threat of invasion if the desert locust is not contained in the breeding regions,” the report titled “Desert locust situation in Pakistan” said.
This was only one air tractor

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
There are total of 25 planes and helicopters working full time on this problem.
Helicopters are used to identify locations and aircrafts move in to spray .

Oh ok, thanks. People were making such a big deal out of this that I assumed there was only 1 plane.