WDF Exclusive - PAF signs contract for 9 C130J

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Well this is a pleasant surprise :)
Based on this, Zulus may come all well soon.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Lockheed announces $3B deal for 50 C-130J Super Hercules aircraft
Jan. 13, 2020

Lockheed Martin Co. announced the start of a $3 billion contract on Monday to deliver 50 C-130J Super Hercules planes to the U.S. government.

The Defense Department awarded $1.5 billion for delivery of the first 21 planes, the company said of the multi-year deal finalized at the end of December.
In all, the Air Force will receive 24 MC/HC-130J troop-carrying and search and rescue planes, the Coast Guard will receive six HC-130Js, and the Marine Corps will receive 20 KC-130J tanker refueling planes.

In use since 1956, the four-engine turboprop aircraft is used for airborne assault, search and rescue, scientific research support, weather reconnaissance, aerial refueling, maritime patrol, and aerial firefighting, and in the case of the AC-130 variant, as a gunship.

The Super Hercules is now the main tactical airlifter for many military forces worldwide, and the air forces of at least 60 nations have operated the plane.

The contract announced Monday calls for planes to be made in Lockheed Martin's Marietta, Ga., facility, with deliveries expected between 2021 and 2025.
@ali razza @Gripen9 Did you guys see this?

Par 5

BANNED
Reactions
1 0 1
Country
Pakistan
No I just sat on the intel, for more than a week, for fun :cool:

Well as per my sources at AHQ, this is fake news. So unless you can prove otherwise through a credible link specifying these birds are for PAF. I stand by my contention as you should have sat on your intel before making it public

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Well as per my sources at AHQ, this is fake news. So unless you can prove otherwise through a credible link specifying these birds are for PAF. I stand by my contention as you should have sat on your intel before making it public
Well you didn't have to expose yourself, but anyways it is good that you did. Now we also know what AHQ thinks of you |0|

All we have to do is wait for a few months, till the Hercs start landing.

It is not a "maybe / under consideration / looking at". It is a "CONTRACT" signed.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Well you didn't have to expose yourself, but anyways it is good that you did. Now we also know what AHQ thinks of you |0|

All we have to do is wait for a few months, till the Hercs start landing.

It is not a "maybe / under consideration / looking at". It is a "CONTRACT" signed.
Mean sir done deal ?

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Can they be used for aerial refueling? Nine is a big number.

Congrats

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Can they be used for aerial refueling? Nine is a big number.

Congrats
USMC uses KC130Js. They have to refueling hose/drogue pods on the wings and a removable fuel bladder in the main cargo area.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
We need 20+
Hopefully some newer H models to replace the ancient Bs first recieved in 1957!
Although they have been upgraded, but I agree with you, they need to be retired ASAP.

BTW, the final figure could be higher than the one you quoted.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Although they have been upgraded, but I agree with you, they need to be donated to be retired ASAP.

BTW, the final figure could be higher than the one you quoted.
I recall the oldest Bs were refitted with FLIR to be used as ISR platforms and not used in the data heavy lifting duties. even back in early 80s, they had started to show stress fatigue. Then they set up the MRO facilities @ Chaklala and the old horses have soldiered on.