Which is the most powerful country in the middle east? | Page 2 | World Defense

Which is the most powerful country in the middle east?

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
1st is Israel then 2nd is Iran, 3rd is Saudi Arabia... .

The source is: Middle East Powers Ranked by Military Strength - 2015

Manpower means nothing. Both quantity and quality should be the bases in order to draw a fair comparison.

Air force:

Fighters
Transporters
Helicopters
AWACS
Bombers
ATA
ATS

Navy:

Aircraft carrier
Frigates
Destroyers
Subs
Fast boats
Helicopters

Land forces

Air defense and radars
Tanks
Artilleries
Infantry fighting vehicles
Armed personeel carriers
Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles MRAPS
Humvees
Helicopters
MANPADS
ATM
AAM

You fill in the blank so I can fill mine.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
Airforce;

Israel-F-15,F-16,400+ modern fighterjets with indigenous systems,up to 70 F-35 with indigenous avionic systems on order,air refuling,AEW,SI,drones etc
Saudi-Arabia-F-15,Tyhoon,Tornado(combined 230+72 Typhoon on order),Air refuling,AWACS,drones etc.Western standart(NATO) training
Turkiye-F-16(240) all block 50+,35 F-4 Terminator(further upgrading to Simsek improved avionics),116 F-35 on order(could become nr 2),AEW/C,Air refuling,drones etc.NATO training
Egypt-F-16 block 40,rafale(24 on order),Mirage 2000,Mirage V,F-4 Phantom II,Mig 21,Chengdu J-7,400+ fighterjets,drones etc.
UAE-f16 block 60,Mirage 2000,170 fighterjets,Air refuling etc

Army;

Turkiye
-410.000+ active frontline personnel,3600+ tanks,many indigenous weapon systems,ammunition,missile defence systems like Hisar-A B and C variants almost ready.J-600T Yildirim,Toros,etc.
Egypt-460.000+ active frontline personnel,4600+ tanks,S-300 missile defence,Patriot PAC-3,Buk,SLAMRAAM,Tor,etc.
Iran(size)-545.000 active frontline personnel,2400+ tanks,all kinds of ''indigenous''missile systems,surface to air,airdefence,S-300,Radar systems etc.
Israel-176.000 active frontline personnel,3870 tanks,Iron Dom and Davids Sling missile defence systems,Jericho II,III nuclear(suspected) IBM,etc.
Saudi-Arabia-233.000+ active frontline personnel,1100 tanks,MIM-104 Patriot air defence system,Raythoon improved HAWK air defence system,you also have a Chinese system(dont remember the name).
For comparison,
UAE-65.000 active frontline personnel,545 tanks,etc.

Navy;

Turkiye
-16 frigates,8 covettes(2 more laid down 8 total),13 Type 209 submarine,2 Type 214TN AIP subs laid down(6 total),23 FAC boats,28 patrol boats etc.
Egypt-9 frigates,6+2 corvettes,2 Type 209 subs,4 improved Romeo class subs,28 FAC boats,8 ASW coastal patrol boats etc.
Israel- 3 Sa'ar 5-class corvettes,8 Sa'ar 4,5 class missile boats,3 Dolphin(extended Type 212) class subs,2+1 Dolphin class subs with AIP,49 different classes patrol boats,etc.
The Dolphin class subs carry nuclear missiles.
Iran-Iran has 3 kilo class and many smaller submarines etc.
KSA-The KSA has 7 frigates,4 corvettes,9 patrol boats etc.
UAE-The UAE has 9 corvettes,8 FAC boats,26 patrol boats etc.

You decide about the KSA,Iran and the UAE,what ways more?
The numbers i took from various sources,it could have changed by now.

In a war Israel wouldnt stand a change even with the Iron Dome,10% of 1000 missiles would go through which is enough to destroy the Israeli infrastructure due to the small size of its territory however,the second strike capabilities of the 5+1 Dolphin subs armed with nuclear missiles would mean that the enemy would have significant damage to its infrastructure.

Iran has a negligible Airforce and Navy and only with missiles(except against Israel) you cant win a war but it will be very hard for enemies on Iranian territory(million army with 2 million reserves?).

The rest of the ME countries dont matter because i dont see them going to war in the near future.
@Legend ,@WebMaster

Last edited:

Rakan.SA

Reactions
591 1 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
1st is Israel then 2nd is Iran, 3rd is Saudi Arabia... .

The source is: Middle East Powers Ranked by Military Strength - 2015
with all due respect iran dosnt have an air force. it dosnt have any modern anti missile rockets. they are all old. for god sake its struggling to pay salaries to normal ppl!! arnt you reading iranian news paper ?
iran has good militias and huge number of armed men and some missiles that can be shutdown in its own airspace. thats about it.

Ahmed JO

Reactions
179 0 0
Country
Jordan
Airforce;

Israel
Saudi-Arabia
Turkiye
Egypt
UAE

Army;

Turkiye
Egypt
Iran(size)
Israel
Saudi-Arabia

Navy;

Turkiye
Egypt
Israel(second srike)
Iran
UAE?

In a war Israel wouldnt stand a change even with the Iron Dome,10% of 1000 missiles would go through which is enough to destroy the Israeli infrastructure due to the small size of its territory however,the second strike capabilities of the 6 Dolphin subs armed with nuclear missiles would mean that the enemy would have significant damage to its infrastructure.

Iran has a negligible Airforce and Navy and only with missiles(except against Israel) you cant win a war but it will be very hard for enemies on Iranian territory(million army with 2 million reserves?).

The rest of the ME countries dont matter because i dont see them going to war in the near future.
Doesn't the UAE have a more capable air force than Egypt?

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
Doesn't the UAE have a more capable air force than Egypt?
The Egyptian Airforce is more experienced then the UAE Airforce.
Having around 80 and 25 on order F-16 block 60 doesnt mean anything against the 228 and 16 more to come,all block 40+ and block 52(last 20).
Im not counting the rest of the inventories(Egypt has a far bigger inventory).
UAE is new at this,Egypt has a history of combat experience.

Last edited:

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Airforce;

Israel
Saudi-Arabia
Turkiye
Egypt
UAE

Army;

Turkiye
Egypt
Iran(size)
Israel
Saudi-Arabia

Navy;

Turkiye
Egypt
Israel(second srike)
Iran
UAE?

In a war Israel wouldnt stand a change even with the Iron Dome,10% of 1000 missiles would go through which is enough to destroy the Israeli infrastructure due to the small size of its territory however,the second strike capabilities of the 6 Dolphin subs armed with nuclear missiles would mean that the enemy would have significant damage to its infrastructure.

Can you please detail your post? What measures have used that made you reach the given ranking?

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The Egyptian Airforce is more experienced then the UAE

UAE Air Force is more modern than the Egypt. Also Egypt doesn't have BVR.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
Ah ok, still they dream to be as experienced as Bangladeshi airforce.
Trying to be funny or cant you handle it or what,if you think the UAE is more capable then thats your opinion.
Ask the experts on who has a better Airforce,the UAE or Egypt and see the outcome.