Women could get combat roles in British Army by 2016 | World Defense

Women could get combat roles in British Army by 2016

Stims

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
"The UK defence secretary, Michael Fallon, has announced he wants to end the army’s ban on women serving in frontline infantry roles"

It is being said that women are just as capable as men and some people want to follow other nations such as Denmark in letting women enroll in combat roles in the British Army.

The UK defence secretary, Michael Fallon, has announced he wants to end the army’s ban on women serving in frontline infantry roles

I'm personally surprised this hasn't been debated earlier to be honest. I don't fully agree that women should be on the front line though, i mean it's a fact that physically they are not as capable as men in some tasks. That being said, i can certainly see why some women would want the chance to prove this wrong.

What are everyone elses thoughts on this?

Also, this being my first new thread i wasn't sure how to go about it, hope i did well :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jakarri Demery

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
Why? I just believe that there are certain things men and women alike can never be equal on. I think women are far more better overall at parenting than men. Just makes sense. Men are better at combat than women. Maybe women can help with strategizing, but not actually being in the conflict directly. Just my two cents.

Mika

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I'm glad to see that their women are able to join up. Although men and women are a bit different physically, there's no reason they shouldn't be allowed to join if they're just as good.

Although I agree that men and women aren't on the same level with everything, I can't say I believe men are better in combat in general. ;) Men are a bit stronger, women are a bit better with multitasking and strategy. Then all of this is fine tuned and they're sent to war.

Jakarri Demery

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I'm glad to see that their women are able to join up. Although men and women are a bit different physically, there's no reason they shouldn't be allowed to join if they're just as good.

Although I agree that men and women aren't on the same level with everything, I can't say I believe men are better in combat in general. ;) Men are a bit stronger, women are a bit better with multitasking and strategy. Then all of this is fine tuned and they're sent to war.

I mean yeah and no. Men and women aren't a good in combat together. Think about it. If a guy is not being sexual he performs better in combat. All that pent up energy can be turned into aggression. Like in the movie Troy when Achilles fell in love, he didn't want to be aggressive anymore. There's truth to that. I see it as a distraction. It's also not fun to have to wait on a woman to do certain tasks, I know I trained with them..............those seconds can get you killed. Just my opinion though.

Mika

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I mean yeah and no. Men and women aren't a good in combat together. Think about it. If a guy is not being sexual he performs better in combat. All that pent up energy can be turned into aggression. Like in the movie Troy when Achilles fell in love, he didn't want to be aggressive anymore. There's truth to that. I see it as a distraction. It's also not fun to have to wait on a woman to do certain tasks, I know I trained with them..............those seconds can get you killed. Just my opinion though.

I see the point you're making; however, I'd have to disagree. If a guy is pent up then that will turn to aggression, of course. However, aggression isn't always the best. It may make the guy pull the trigger faster but that doesn't mean he's aiming at the right target. Aggression typically clouds the mind; I can't say whether that is good or bad for combat though. Not to mention the countless instances of female citizens being raped then killed. That doesn't help in combat; and I feel that killing citizens isn't the answer.

Perhaps my opinion about is skewed from not being on a battlefield before. Perhaps there is an unusually large amount of feminine men and masculine females in my town.

As for the movie, well, a lot of movies are done horribly wrong. I choose not to take their "truths" as fact. Infatuation does make a person act differently; and being with a person for an extended period of time can change them. However, I don't a person's basic nature cannot be changed so quickly. If a person is prone to aggression, that person tends to stay that way. Infatuation may make the person act different for a short while; however, they're likely to return to being aggressive (Reference: Psychology Classes). But this is going off topic so I'll stop there. ~$~

I would love to hear about others stories with being in combat with women. Perhaps I'll also read a few scientific articles about it later.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
You guys have put down some interesting points. I totally agree that women shouldn't be in the frontline not because they are incompetent but because men are aggressive and savages in nature more than women. Men are used to heavy duties and tasks. The air force is the best choice for women.

Mika

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
You guys have put down some interesting points. I totally agree that women shouldn't be in the frontline not because they are incompetent but because men are aggressive and savages in nature more than women. Men are used to heavy duties and tasks. The air force is the best choice for women.
You do have a point there. I still feel that it's good they have an equal opportunity though. There probably are better places for most of the women since we were breed to be delicate. I've met a few women who were stronger and more masculine than the men though. |0|

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
You do have a point there. I still feel that it's good they have an equal opportunity though. There probably are better places for most of the women since we were breed to be delicate. I've met a few women who were stronger and more masculine than the men though. |0|

I would love to date one.(:-)

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Also, this being my first new thread i wasn't sure how to go about it, hope i did well :)

Nice job >|
You did it well , but next time please try to check the link of the original source to keep your effort (you didn't put it correctly) .

don't worry I provided the thread with correct link .;)

Thanks.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
:eek:

Man !
we still need you :D
He really needs to reconsider what he just uttered. Otherwise, we will miss him indeed. Masculine women don't jock when they go mad.

She gonna treats him well.|0|

Oops, I thought of giving it a try that's all. If that is the case then please no.: [

allen

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Scotland
"The UK defence secretary, Michael Fallon, has announced he wants to end the army’s ban on women serving in frontline infantry roles"

It is being said that women are just as capable as men and some people want to follow other nations such as Denmark in letting women enroll in combat roles in the British Army.

The UK defence secretary, Michael Fallon, has announced he wants to end the army’s ban on women serving in frontline infantry roles

I'm personally surprised this hasn't been debated earlier to be honest. I don't fully agree that women should be on the front line though, i mean it's a fact that physically they are not as capable as men in some tasks. That being said, i can certainly see why some women would want the chance to prove this wrong.

What are everyone elses thoughts on this?

I understand how you could believe that women are physically not capable as men. I too had been indoctrinated into believing the propaganda they spoon feed men.

Facts, Women have a higher pain threshold than men, loads of endorphins, on a long distance run overall they out run men. True they do think before responding violently which is a good thing. But when we consider the world of drones and joystick killing from afar the notion that women would be inadequate is laughable. Its only recent history that has made war a male domain. If women want to fight then why would you want to stop them?

rga1999

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
This will be an excellent decision. I personally don't care if you are Male, Woman, or indifferent, if you can hold your own out on the battle field, then lets go. For anyone who hasn't been to war, you can't really say that Men are the only ones who should be able to compete on the battlefield. I will tell you this. I have been beside some scary looking men, and when we were on the battlefield curled up and cried like little school girls. Point being doesn't matter gender. Matters skill and heart.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
Men who are not up to the standard required will not be sent to the frontline. Same with women. If they fail to meet the required standard, they cannot be sent to the frontline. Men who pass the requirements are sent to the frontline. Same with women. When they meet the requirements, they can be sent to the frontline.

I think one of the reasons behind that reluctance to send women to the frontline stems from a nagging suspicion that, if women were to be sent to the frontline, they might just do better than the men.