A PIA Airbus airplane flying from Lahore to Karachi has crashed with 95 passengers onboard | Page 22 | World Defense

A PIA Airbus airplane flying from Lahore to Karachi has crashed with 95 passengers onboard

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes it's a massive step forward but Peshawar has a very very long way to go. For it to even come close to any city outside of south Asia. It's a mess and has no proper planning, just like the rest of pakistani cities.

Important things to improve are,

1. Drinking Water/sewage systems
2. Health
3. More public transportation, such as more bus routes or city trains.
4. Proper large markets, like those in Istanbul.
5. Education
6. Policing
7. More high/ midrise buildings encouragement.

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

Please write more on this subject---. It seems to be the missing link that no one is considering---.

I have listened to the pilot's conversation multiple times and the slowness and casualness in his voice does not sound normal to me---.

Even in his moment of death---the pilot or the co pilot are somewhat " Lackadaisical "in their speech and reaction---.

Everyone is going crazy for the N95 mask but there are some serious problems with these types of masks.

These are medical grade masks and they must have proper fitting for them to be effective . Now everyone wants one and wear one but unless you are fit tested you will not have much protection .

worse there are so much fake out there that it is hard to tell the difference .

the worse is if you wear it improperly with support elastics misplaced and then you will be breathing your own carbon di oxide .

“One driver who crashed his SUV into a pole in Lincoln Park, New Jersey, on April 23 actually blamed his collision on his mask. He told police he passed out because he’d been wearing an N95 mask for too long. Initially, the investigating officers believed him, writing in a Facebook post that he was the only person in the car and passed out due to “insufficient oxygen intake/excessive carbon dioxide intake.”
“In rare cases, it can actually be pretty dangerous, according to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). They say that inhaling high levels of carbon dioxide (CO2) may be life-threatening. Hypercapnia (carbon dioxide toxicity) can also cause headache, vertigo, double vision, inability to concentrate, tinnitus (hearing a noise, like a ringing or buzzing, that’s not caused by an outside source), seizures, or suffocation due to displacement of air. “

I am not even sure what the pilots were wearing but if they had something like this on and placed improperly then there is a true risk of hypoxia.
Collection of exhaled has under the mask can work to displace oxygen. Confusion , emotional upsets and fatigue can result.

although for the different reason but I remember this plane crash blamed on hypoxia

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Everyone is going crazy for the N95 mask but there are some serious problems with these types of masks.

These are medical grade masks and they must have proper fitting for them to be effective . Now everyone wants one and wear one but unless you are fit tested you will not have much protection .

worse there are so much fake out there that it is hard to tell the difference .

the worse is if you wear it improperly with support elastics misplaced and then you will be breathing your own carbon di oxide .

“One driver who crashed his SUV into a pole in Lincoln Park, New Jersey, on April 23 actually blamed his collision on his mask. He told police he passed out because he’d been wearing an N95 mask for too long. Initially, the investigating officers believed him, writing in a Facebook post that he was the only person in the car and passed out due to “insufficient oxygen intake/excessive carbon dioxide intake.”
“In rare cases, it can actually be pretty dangerous, according to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). They say that inhaling high levels of carbon dioxide (CO2) may be life-threatening. Hypercapnia (carbon dioxide toxicity) can also cause headache, vertigo, double vision, inability to concentrate, tinnitus (hearing a noise, like a ringing or buzzing, that’s not caused by an outside source), seizures, or suffocation due to displacement of air. “

I am not even sure what the pilots were wearing but if they had something like this on and placed improperly then there is a true risk of hypoxia.
Collection of exhaled has under the mask can work to displace oxygen. Confusion , emotional upsets and fatigue can result.

although for the different reason but I remember this plane crash blamed on hypoxia

Hi,

Do you think that you can write an article on this subject directed at PIA 8303 and its pilots---.

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
If I can get a contact info and ears willing to listen I can actually send them some good material and studies on this issue.

But I feel this inquiry will point out if this was an issue. It is hard to hide any facts as the Airbus will release their own conclusion.

PAF is very well aware and keeps an upto date info on effects of hypoxia. I don’t think I can share anything new that they are not already aware of.

let’s wait for few days and see what the inquiry commission says .
Personally I feel it was more of a pilot arrogance and stubbornness that caused the accident and not any case of hypoxia.

If anything hypoxia causes confusion not confident I am in control response despite lack of emotion in the voice.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
If I can get a contact info and ears willing to listen I can actually send them some good material and studies on this issue.

But I feel this inquiry will point out if this was an issue. It is hard to hide any facts as the Airbus will release their own conclusion.

PAF is very well aware and keeps an upto date info on effects of hypoxia. I don’t think I can share anything new that they are not already aware of.

let’s wait for few days and see what the inquiry commission says .
Personally I feel it was more of a pilot arrogance and stubbornness that caused the accident and not any case of hypoxia.

If anything hypoxia causes confusion not confident I am in control response despite lack of emotion in the voice.

Hi,

I am in control---I can handle it responses are like knee jerk responses---because they are reflex type responses used at every occasion---.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

Please write more on this subject---. It seems to be the missing link that no one is considering---.

I have listened to the pilot's conversation multiple times and the slowness and casualness in his voice does not sound normal to me---.

Even in his moment of death---the pilot or the co pilot are somewhat " Lackadaisical "in their speech and reaction---.

Agree, most likely he was fasting, and media reports says he was flying a lot, which as well was violation of flying rules.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Agree, most likely he was fasting, and media reports says he was flying a lot, which as well was violation of flying rules.
If a PIA pilot is exceeding his max hrs, that means airline oversight failed.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Are pilots allowed to fast while flying?
I know in PAF, the sqn O/C was tasked in making sure they were not. Every pilot needed to have tea & biscuits in front of the O/C before flight opertaions.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
What's the opinion on this picture:
1591646803100.png

safriz

Reactions
292 11 0
Country
Pakistan
Aviation minister to deliver a speech in the parliament about preliminary findings on Wednesday.
The speech will be based on FDR and CVR data provided by Airbus.

safriz

Reactions
292 11 0
Country
Pakistan
Iftikhar Ahmad was the air traffic controller at the time of the accident.
Following is his statement.
He says the plane's first touchdown was at 210 knots when the maximum allowable speed for A320 is around 170 knots and ideal speed is below 150 knots.
Polish_20200608_234457071.jpg

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
What's the opinion on this picture:
View attachment 13572

Hi,

That landing gear deployment at this time was one of the final nails in the coffin---.

The other was NO FLAPS deployment---which then caused the stall---.

The more I dig into it---the more it gets obvious---. The pilots were fasting---the pilots had their nose masks on---.

The sound of the continuous chimes was not even registering on the pilots at all when they were talking to the ATC---that again meant possibly too much carbon dioxide inhalation---.