A PIA Airbus airplane flying from Lahore to Karachi has crashed with 95 passengers onboard | Page 24 | World Defense

A PIA Airbus airplane flying from Lahore to Karachi has crashed with 95 passengers onboard

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
PK-8303 crash: Investigators hold pilot responsible
SAMAA | Noor ul Amin Danish - Posted: Jun 22, 2020 | Last Updated: 33 mins ago

Firefighters spray water on the wreckage of a Pakistan International Airlines aircraft after it crashed at a residential area in Karachi on May 22, 2020.

Investigators have prepared the report in the PIA PK-8303 plane crash and handed it over to the aviation division on Monday. The investigators blamed the pilot’s negligence for the crash.

The report includes the pilot’s conversation with the air traffic controller, flight data records, CCTV footage of the landing and the cockpit voice recorder data, among other things.

The ill-fated PK-8303 crashed in Karachi’s Model Colony on May 22, killing 97 people aboard. Only two people survived.

A team from airbus arrived in Pakistan and took the voice recorder and flight data box back to France. It decoded them and handed them over to Pakistani investigators.

Investigators say the pilot’s negligence was responsible for the crash. They found that the pilot ignored the air traffic controller’s advice.​

safriz

Reactions
292 11 0
Country
Pakistan
Screenshots of airport cameras.
PK 8303 landing without landing gear at a very high speed.
Look at the flame trail.

Polish_20200622_143729745.jpg

Polish_20200622_144243283.jpg

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
PIA CEO air marshal Arshad Malik met the PM to discuss PIA situation.
Here are main points of the meeting.

10 CEO changed over the last 12 years.

6 billion PKR per month loss

14000 staff for a fleet of just 31 planes.

Staff salaries 24 billion PKR per year.

Is there any comparable airline, worse than this?
yes Air India :D

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
SAMAA | Noor ul Amin Danish - Posted: Jun 22, 2020 | Last Updated: 33 mins ago

Firefighters spray water on the wreckage of a Pakistan International Airlines aircraft after it crashed at a residential area in Karachi on May 22, 2020.

Investigators have prepared the report in the PIA PK-8303 plane crash and handed it over to the aviation division on Monday. The investigators blamed the pilot’s negligence for the crash.

The report includes the pilot’s conversation with the air traffic controller, flight data records, CCTV footage of the landing and the cockpit voice recorder data, among other things.

The ill-fated PK-8303 crashed in Karachi’s Model Colony on May 22, killing 97 people aboard. Only two people survived.

A team from airbus arrived in Pakistan and took the voice recorder and flight data box back to France. It decoded them and handed them over to Pakistani investigators.

Investigators say the pilot’s negligence was responsible for the crash. They found that the pilot ignored the air traffic controller’s advice.
The Cockpit crew hold the majority of the blame for this crash but the air traffic controller was also lax in his duty....

baqai

Reactions
1,008 39 0
Country
Pakistan
as per my knowledge ATC has very limited say once the plane is off the tarmac, need to read the report, i am very much interested in reading the CVR to see what kind of input first officer had and was he the PF

safriz

Reactions
292 11 0
Country
Pakistan
as per my knowledge ATC has very limited say once the plane is off the tarmac, need to read the report, i am very much interested in reading the CVR to see what kind of input first officer had and was he the PF
The lack luster report didn't give any further information today.

I still think the pilot failed to engage TOGA on the throttle stick.
Without TOGA the engines will power up but flaps will remain in landing configuration. That will cause the plane to dip and then rise again.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
The lack luster report didn't give any further information today.

I still think the pilot failed to engage TOGA on the throttle stick.
Without TOGA the engines will power up but flaps will remain in landing configuration. That will cause the plane to dip and then rise again.
this is just a initial report, more technical one would take some time. The pilot damaged the engines on his first attempt to land, when he forgot to deploy the landing gear and came in at a much faster speed...

baqai

Reactions
1,008 39 0
Country
Pakistan
from what i have heard the PC/PR (pilot on radio/comm) was first officer so i presume PF (pilot flying) was the captain, gear was lowered at 10nm but was raised at 5nm i guess because of ECAM (Electronic Centralized Aircraft Monitor) warnings and than they forgot to lower it again due to sheer pressure of landing the jet

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
from what i have heard the PC/PR (pilot on radio/comm) was first officer so i presume PF (pilot flying) was the captain, gear was lowered at 10nm but was raised at 5nm i guess because of ECAM (Electronic Centralized Aircraft Monitor) warnings and than they forgot to lower it again due to sheer pressure of landing the jet
PF is called PIC - Pilot in Command