A PIA Airbus airplane flying from Lahore to Karachi has crashed with 95 passengers onboard | Page 25 | World Defense

A PIA Airbus airplane flying from Lahore to Karachi has crashed with 95 passengers onboard

safriz

Reactions
292 11 0
Country
Pakistan
from what i have heard the PC/PR (pilot on radio/comm) was first officer so i presume PF (pilot flying) was the captain, gear was lowered at 10nm but was raised at 5nm i guess because of ECAM (Electronic Centralized Aircraft Monitor) warnings and than they forgot to lower it again due to sheer pressure of landing the jet
So initially when they engaged landing gear down lever, the safety valves shut down and didn't allow the landing gear to lower as the speed was too high.
Then plane slows down below the safety limits and landing gear deployed.
On A320 the landing gears don't retract automatically if the plane again over speeds after deployment, they remain open.
If retraction is needed it has to be done manually.
At 5 milies the gears were retracted, so they were retracted manually by one of the pilots.
Why the pilot did so while continuing the approach and not aborting it, needs to be investigated.

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
I am not a pilot but this report clearly points to the pilot’s incompetence ..... so sad to see they could have easily followed the proper procedure and everyone would have survived ..

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I am not a pilot but this report clearly points to the pilot’s incompetence ..... so sad to see they could have easily followed the proper procedure and everyone would have survived ..

1) The ATC didn't tell the pilots that the engines were on fire, on the first landing. Maybe they were thinking, he is kicking in afterburners to take off again?

2) As per my initial conversation, this a/c was not fit to fly. now the preliinary report, lays the entire blame on the Pilot, and a minuscule part on ATC. PIA Enggr has been absolved of any wrong doing. After months in storage, the a/c was "A OK" seriously! How can we be sure that the altimeter, air-speed indicator and vertical speed indicator were in perfect order? We cant.

3) PALPA is so filthy that even if the Pilot was not to blame, them opening thier mouths would make him guilty. It is very convenient to blame the pilots, but to do so with PIA Engrr track record? I wouldn't do it, so easily.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
1) The ATC didn't tell the pilots that the engines were on fire, on the first landing. Maybe they were thinking, he is kicking in afterburners to take off again?

2) As per my initial conversation, this a/c was not fit to fly. now the preliinary report, lays the entire blame on the Pilot, and a minuscule part on ATC. PIA Enggr has been absolved of any wrong doing. After months in storage, the a/c was "A OK" seriously! How can we be sure that the altimeter, air-speed indicator and vertical speed indicator were in perfect order? We cant.

3) PALPA is so filthy that even if the Pilot was not to blame, them opening thier mouths would make him guilty. It is very convenient to blame the pilots, but to do so with PIA Engrr track record? I wouldn't do it, so easily.
A day before the accident the aircraft came back from an International flight, as per my source the aircraft was air worthy.
Yes ATC should have informed the pilot when he made the fatal attempt to land.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
A day before the accident the aircraft came back from an International flight, as per my source the aircraft was air worthy.
Yes ATC should have informed the pilot when he made the fatal attempt to land.
IF this was the case, why was the return flt form Muscat delayed, I got this info from Oman @ali razza

ali razza

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,140 59 0
Country
Oman
IF this was the case, why was the return flt form Muscat delayed, I got this info from Oman @ali razza
this plane was indeed in muscat
muscat ground crew isn’t very good at handling things
last time 6 years ago another PIA had belly landing in muscat also
and was here for months on side of the run way and airport guys didn’t had the crane to pull it on side

ali razza

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,140 59 0
Country
Oman

who is dead, is perfect scapegoat

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
this plane was indeed in muscat
muscat ground crew isn’t very good at handling things
last time 6 years ago another PIA had belly landing in muscat also
and was here for months on side of the run way and airport guys didn’t had the crane to pull it on side
|0|

When ever I think of Muscat airport, it reminds me of F18.

We were waiting in a corporate jet, behind an F18 to take off. When it switched to full power, to take off, our a/c was trembling like a leaf. I was grinning, and the rest of the passengers blood drained from their faces (:-)

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
The worrying part is, if PIA Enggr is not taken to task, there will be repeats!
InshaAllah everyone would be taken to task, the ATC guy has been let go, secondly we will now see scrutiny of employees of PIA....fake degrees holders will go so will political appointees....

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
InshaAllah everyone would be taken to task, the ATC guy has been let go, secondly we will now see scrutiny of employees of PIA....fake degrees holders will go so will political appointees....
I sincerely hope they do. This tragedy for you and me is just an "incident". We will move on, but to those who lost thier loved ones, jsut imagine the needless pain and suffering, in an already depressing climate.

ali razza

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,140 59 0
Country
Oman
|0|

When ever I think of Muscat airport, it reminds me of F18.

We were waiting in a corporate jet, behind an F18 to take off. When it switched to full power, to take off, our a/c was trembling like a leaf. I was grinning, and the rest of the passengers blood drained from their faces (:-)
too many boses here
said a high ranking airport guy to me
anyway oman doesn’t operate f18
but i m sure it’s american cos back in the old airport days runway was shared with american airbase

ali razza

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,140 59 0
Country
Oman
I sincerely hope they do. This tragedy for you and me is just an "incident". We will move on, but to those who lost thier loved ones, jsut imagine the needless pain and suffering, in an already depressing climate.
close the damn thing
said aviation secretary in US after pan am was behaving PIA style

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
too many boses here
said a high ranking airport guy to me
anyway oman doesn’t operate f18
but i m sure it’s american cos back in the old airport days runway was shared with american airbase
It was US navy. Oman didn't have EF back then either.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
close the damn thing
said aviation secretary in US after pan am was behaving PIA style
Cant be closed. But an overhaul is desperately needed.