Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom | Page 336 | World Defense

Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Not happening. As Russian are there

RD93 knowledge is not limited to Russia, both China and Ukraine can provide needed support to build any such facility.
While Pakistan is a key customer, which Putin may very well like to keep.
I'm sure, PAC already have the skills to overhaul RD93.
I don't bet on chances of PAF swaping RD93 with WS-13 because, PAF is on record saying they are very satisfied with RD93.

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I think PAF will get J-35 before iaf 's F35. Because F-35 order list is already very long, most of the NATO members had already order it. And if indian decide to go for F-35 then they will not get it before 2030.
For that they will have to give up S400. If not then the whole drama with Turkey would be ..........?

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
RD93 knowledge is not limited to Russia, both China and Ukraine can provide needed support to build any such facility.
I don't bet on chances of PAF swaping RD93 with WS-13 because, PAF is on record saying they are very satisfied with RD93.
Hope so you are right, seems very difficult in presense on American and indian

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
PAC does have an MRO facility for RD-93? @Gripen9 @TsAr @AliYusuf ?

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
I agree J35 is still in its infancy, it's still a long way to serial production, but i doubt India ever going to buy F-35.
They will by using Chinese card with American, but first they will go for F18 for navy.
India need 5th to contour Chinese 5th gen, russian 5th is not upto mark, what else left for them then F35

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
PAC does have an MRO facility for RD-93? @Gripen9 @TsAr @AliYusuf ?
I will do a bit of research. We know that Blk 1 airframes did go through an overhaul last year. Plus RD-93 supposedly has a significantly lower MTBO than other contemporary engines. I do not see Pakistan sending 50 engines to Russia for overhauls every year.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I will do a bit of research. We know that Blk 1 airframes did go through an overhaul last year. Plus RD-93 supposedly has a significantly lower MTBO than other contemporary engines. I do not see Pakistan sending 50 engines to Russia for overhauls every year.
Please do. I remember reading somewhere that MRO's were being done locally.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
For that they will have to give up S400. If not then the whole drama with Turkey would be ..........?
American can create some work around for indian, (india and usa) will play Chinese 5th gen card ... Then American will came as hero for safety of region by supplying Indian F35 for regional stability . ...

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
What about sending to china ??

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
What about sending to china ??
That is a good question. Initial thought would be that China has no interest in RD-93 maintenance. It was bought as a stop gap (initially) for the PAF requirement until WS-13 could mature. However things have changed and the PAF at least is happy with RD-93. PAF may be working directly with Klimov on RD-93MA. Rumors are abound that Klimov will produce 400 RD-93MAs. These are specifically modified for single engine installation. No other aircraft uses it. I will be curious how MyanmarAF aircraft will be serviced. Via PAC or Chinese? NAF will most definitely will be done by PAC.