Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom | Page 65 | World Defense

Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom

Zulu

Reactions
2,010 60 0
Country
Pakistan
Nope par yeh bary bary kekray in main sy kuch Modi ji ki 56 inch chaddi main chor diye hain now u understand why he is so jumpy these days

crab11.jpg

so, we found the oil?

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
With J15 there are a couple of things to be noted.

1) It is based on an Su-33, obtained from Ukraine. So there is no Sukhoi copyright issues
2) The J15Pk will be the most advanced a/c produced by china, with the exception of J20 & J31. To assimilate all these tech, in a platform that wont be an issue for anyone, is the J15
3) The added benefit of folding wings and strengthened landing gear is that, they can be launched or recovered by an aircraft carrier, even if PN does not own one. To lease, or use PLAN facilities is not that hard, or unthinkable.
4) PLAAF and PLAN aviation have always taken input from PAF on both strategic, as well as tactical issues. There will be a lot of synergy between them, the J15Pk is an accumulation of those synergies.
5) There will be a very sizeable number of dedicated "growler" type J15s.

Regards

Thank you for the excellent and informative reply. We do hear of French Rafales landing on other NATO aircraft carriers. All that you've said is really interesting and highly informative.

Reactions
79 0 0
Country
Pakistan
@Khafee If I remember correctly you promised us(Start of this thread) to share details analysis of J-15 version Pakistan is getting?

Since every one is going crazy on C-130 news on other forum you shared in April, its time drop another bomb (Insight on Procurements) on them and enlighten us more information you are sitting on:):)

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
@Khafee If I remember correctly you promised us(Start of this thread) to share details analysis of J-15 version Pakistan is getting?

Since every one is going crazy on C-130 news on other forum you shared in April, its time drop another bomb (Insight on Procurements) on them and enlighten us more information you are sitting on:):)
If you go through the last couple of pages you should get a very good idea. Anything else, If I can, I will try .

Zulu

Reactions
2,010 60 0
Country
Pakistan
Very nicely put.I m excited about J 15 not just as worthy fighter but shows more change in thinking,possibly doctrine and many more opportunities for PAF which was not possible before.Having twin engine,Naval version,so much emphasis on growler,total sanction free ,easy future up gradation of all components ,can induct all present and many more new weapons in future like PL-XX, interoperability between two forces.....just to name few

1) It is based on an Su-33, obtained from Ukraine. So there is no Sukhoi copyright issues
2) The J15Pk will be the most advanced a/c produced by china, with the exception of J20 & J31. To assimilate all these tech, in a platform that wont be an issue for anyone, is the J15
3) The added benefit of folding wings and strengthened landing gear is that, they can be launched or recovered by an aircraft carrier, even if PN does not own one. To lease, or use PLAN facilities is not that hard, or unthinkable.
4) PLAAF and PLAN aviation have always taken input from PAF on both strategic, as well as tactical issues. There will be a lot of synergy between them, the J15Pk is an accumulation of those synergies.

Regards

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan

Regards
Who knows, Maybe like 052 came on 27Feb, next time CV002 and the whole pack could also come at hot times §§•(:-)

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
so, we found the oil?
I never bought the “tel nai mila” U-Turn ever.

Kekra has been known since not very recently but many years, Yet kept away from public...

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Nope par yeh bary bary kekray in main sy kuch Modi ji ki 56 inch chaddi main chor diye hain now u understand why he is so jumpy these days

View attachment 13590
Arey babu, ye itne advance thori ke chaddi pehnen, Langoti wali aukat hai inki..

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan

It is quite clear of what to expect, Nothing more should be revealed but I have a rough idea of what we are speaking about here, i doubt even @Khafee knows the specs, But who knows, He might know them as well.

But best is to remain silent.

The beauty of Chinese goodies is that even if you reveal the name of any specific internal system, There is no accurate or reliable detail available as Open Source Info which is a very good advantage for our Military, India will keep limited to guessing...

For example, Let’s say J-15 has XYZ radar, Even then, What does anyone know about the system except for the name or possible “illusion” Or bogus data Chinese companies reveal of their systems so that it appears downgraded to public/Enemy eyes.

Chinese official might say it has 900 T/R modules but in reality it could be even greater than 1500 or even more...

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan
I've been wondering about it for a while...and I was under the impression(before u cleared it up) that they were intended mainly for PN(while under PAF).

The reasons are...
  1. PAF has built up more numbers of Erieye AEWACS over the years...more than they originally intended...despite economic setbacks and terrorist attacks(which damaged these).
    • I think the main reason being that Erieye has Link 16 and SAAB allows for the customer's own data link as well...which means PAF's Erieyes have both Link 16 and Link 17. This makes it an excellent AEWACS platform to monitor the skies over land guiding/communicating with both F16s and JF17s which form the bulk of the PAF's fighter jets.
  2. The ZDK on the other hand(even if it is an excellent platform) lacks Link 16(being of Chinese origin)...which hinders the seamless direct flow of information between a sizable number of fighter jets in PAF's inventory(F16s). However I assume it has Link 17(it wouldn't have been an issue between Pak/China to allow Pak specific datalink on that platform).
    • Perhaps for this reason PAF went for a greater number of Erieyes instead?
  3. J15(also of Chinese origin) would most likely also have Link 17(as per PAF's requirements).
  4. JF17 already has Link 17 and antiship missiles have already been integrated on it.
  5. PAF's F16s don't have antiship capabilities...
    • So essentially Erieyes can serve to protect the skies with F16s/JF17s over land
    • While J15s(already navalized) and JF17s in antiship role along with ZDKs can support PN and protect Pak's territorial waters.
So based on that above...I was thinking that the acquisition of the J15s is to enhance the PN's capabilities. PN is already in process of acquiring a decent number of surface vessels along with a sizable amount of submarines. These twin heavies would add the extra punch(much needed) and keep IN fighter jets and vessels in check. JF17s can be added in the mix to augment the J15s(in terms of numbers). ZDKs can be handed over to the PN(even if PAF officially operates them...I mean in terms of the role) to provide the capabilities of an AEWAC(to PN specific J15s and JF17s). ZDKs having Link 17 would work seamlessly with J15s and JF17s also having Link 17.

Anyways...all that thinking was useless |O|
Thanks for the info >|
You are right on a lot of the above points! But given the enemies capabilities, CPEC, Kekra1, a more stronger PN is required.

You beat me to it @Khafee

I was gonna say one word for expansion of Pakistan Armed Forces offensive & defensive capability especially that of of PN : CPEC CPEC & CPEC.

Well those are actually 3 words but you get the point :) Also as you rightly mentioned EEZ & KEKRA .

It is a famous saying
" wise are those who do not put all of their eggs in one basket "

BUT it seems that being one of the wisest player; China; has put a lot of Eggs if not all in one basket i.e CPEC a part of OBOR & she has lot to loose if it fails, also add tensions in South China Sea & 1st Island Chains in the equation,

Bottom Line: China ain't taking any chances on it's lifeline & Pakistan has never been more important on world stage as it is now.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
I have full confidence on Pakistani kekras.The way he is jumping seems they find their target in langotii too
The real reason is they did not find anything of significance in his dhoti, and now Modi Ji is worried that the whole world knows....