Anti-Muslim Protests In Germany | Page 2 | World Defense

Anti-Muslim Protests In Germany

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
But how can you tell who an extremist is? These people like to blend in. Even better than the others. This will be your model citizens. People you never would suspect can carry out a terrorist attack. But they have plans . . .

For that reason I believe Muslim leaders can't tell who an extremist is. But supposing the said leader supports jihad but must speak out against it in public? Would he stop a suicide bomber?

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
It's impossible to realize who an extremist is, those are the reasons why it's called terrorism, it's not an open war, it's a war from the cowards, not face to face.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
I think that Muslim leaders should be more vigilant to ensure that terrorist do not hide among their flock. They are giving a bad name to this religion. Anyone can claim to be a Muslim.

I agree, but moderate Muslim leaders must be in a tough spot. They have often publicly denounced the actions of extremists, but I wonder how much more can they actually do? The majority of believers do follow them in peace, but how do you root out the rare few that are hiding and willing to do harm? I believe they can do more, but I do not envy them their position.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
Pretty much, if the religious leaders don't agree with the extremists they might as well be considered their opponents and death might wait for them. They most likely live in fear.

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think the protest is more of a message to the authorities, being politically correct has led to this and it has to stop. Innocent people are being killed because governments need to be seen to do the right thing. Many Muslim communities do help the police, but not enough to stop the threats and society is tired of putting the Muslims first.

kd3pc

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
Islamist leaders need to speak out against the violence and those who perpetrate it. Silence in this case often condone's the action of a few. But when the religion teaches violence, as many say Islam does, then that needs to be addressed in a better fashion. Gov'ts must state the obvious and put the full force of the law against this behavior, without fear of backlash or more attacks. Root the terrorist out.

I agree with Gabriel, that in many countries, PC policy has created or allowed bad behavior to breed and succeed. Laws must stand and protect, not provide comfort and aid to terrorist, regardless of their religion.

goncalogdct

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Portugal
This is one the major problems the Paris event can lead to. Islamophobia is out there, just hidden. The major challenge we all face right know is to understand not all the Islamic believers are bad, and that we cannot judge all of them just because of some rotten apples. We cannot allow the panic to spread, since that would lead us to a very negative path, one cannot allow him/herself to take, since it would probably lead to civil unrest, and ultimately lead to modern "crusades". The crusades are over. They have been for a while now.

Most people, independently of their beliefs understands this. I don't think God would like us to kill people in His name.
We all agree on this, right?

starshine

Reactions
34 1 0
Country
Canada
It is the fault of the media that we have all this hate. The Muslim hate is based on a double standard -- when it's white people going crazy, we do not talk about terrorism or how Whites are extremists, we talk about their probable mental illnesses. When it's white people, we do not write it in the headlines, WHITE TERRORIST PUT BOMB, we just keep it vague.

I'd say the great majority of Muslims in Germany have nothing to do with this "extremism" and "attacking our freedoms" that people have a problem with. What people take issues with, they should take issues with white people and Christians too. But they don't, because we just hear the story from that one side.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
How can you know which one are terrorists and which ones are not? They can act normally, behave normally until they pop.

fliktor7

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Spain
It is a hard matter, to distinguish who is a radical terrorist and who is not. We can't condemn everybody just for their religion, but with the actual situation, there must be more monitoring of the possible radicals.
Its sad that there are going anti muslim protests, but with the actual situation, with so many terrorist violence on the news, its logic and hard to stop that the people gets angry and generalize xS

starshine

Reactions
34 1 0
Country
Canada
Of course we cannot know beforehand, though not through lack of trying (do you guys not remember the scandals about how the government spies on us, our searches and communication to find potential terrorists and other useful information like this?). We also cannot know who is going to rape, kill, assault or steal before they commit the crime, usually. It does not mean we have to treat the entire society as bombs waiting to explode.

Muslims are as much victims (maybe even more) to the terrorists as the rest of us. No need to go march in the streets to make it worse, really.

nutshell

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Philippines
Oh this is not good for Muslims. I have Muslim friends and they are really warm and friendly. These people I know treat others, Muslims and Christians alike, without prejudice at all. We do not argue about religions. We respect one another and greet each other on each one's special occasions like their Eid, our Christmas, even on our Easter celebration. It is so unfortunate that sooner or later, they might be discriminated against because of what the extremist Muslims do. I hope most people will look at this situation in a more broadminded way. Not all Muslims share the beliefs of these extremists. They also abhor what their fellow Muslims do.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Hatred of a certain religious group in Germany? Hmm, not exactly a new story is it? Hopefully, Chancellor Merkel will do all she can to stop this, it will really harm the public perception of the Germans and she must realize that.

d4rk3n

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
India
There are a few rotten apples everywhere. I think the media isn't doing a positive role in this matter. Although they aren't at fault. Who knows the attackers of Charlie Hebdo were even Muslims or this is just conspiracy to put Islam in an even tougher spot. If this was really their motive, they did hit two birds with one stone.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
The Paris terrorist attack isn't exactly creating new friends for Muslims in Europe. In Germany:

German anti-Muslim protesters rally despite Merkel plea| Reuters

But . . .

The beginning of Muslim persecution in Europe? Will it change anything or will it give jihadists good reasons to strike back?
It's all a game, fighting in the name of religion. It's been going on for many years. If you eliminate 90% of the world problems religion would have to be included. It's sad because religion as a whole is about love, not hate and war.