AW101 possible acquisition by Pakistan Navy - WDF Exclusive | Page 3 | World Defense

AW101 possible acquisition by Pakistan Navy - WDF Exclusive

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Sorry I am just curious but why is the deal dead ?
Those planes are still Parked somewhere and no one bought them. We have excellent military relationship with the Italians and I believe after Turkey only Leonardo have the permenant office in Islamabad .

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
Sorry I am just curious but why is the deal dead ?
Those planes are still Parked somewhere and no one bought them. We have excellent military relationship with the Italians and I believe after Turkey only Leonardo have the permenant office in Islamabad .
Wouldn't that be too much fragmentation?
- F16s(hopefully new block70 and upgraded to V along with the older blocks)
- JF17s
- F7s
- Mirage III/V
- J15s(I hope to hear soon about it)

To add EFT to the mix...wouldn't it be better to just get more J15s.
I know that EFT is a beast and there's the potential of getting Meteor integrated...but all the additional costs and training associated with inducting a new platform...not to mention the cost of the platform and its upgrade(bcuz the italian ones are Tranche 1)...
...IMO it would be better to just get more J15s.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
So according to US MIL EDA database, Pakistan had requested 6 x SH60F Seahawks in 2011 for $28M. But the EDA request was cancelled :(
I am assuming these were to be used on the 6 OHP that Pakistan had requested but only one came about.

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
To respected senior members,
Sir can Pakistan in near future go for the indigenous Turkish helicopter T625 , which is good in size and can be parked on different naval ships. It will share the same engine for heavy ATAK 2. for army future use.We can request the Turkish aero industries for some kind of changes on this chopper T625 for our naval version. Pak army and civilian administration can also join in this order to make some parts locally manufacturing and some technology transfer to PAC. It will also boost the localisation of the helicopter manufacturing in Pakistan. Just like JFT project gave the confidence to our aeronautical engineering teams and PAF and PAC

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
It will take time to navalize such an aircraft, the aircraft itself is not mature. Hopefully Turkey will mature them and build a navalized version... perhaps 5 years too early to think of acquiring them just now.

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
In response to IN acquistion of SH-70, if Z-9 was not seemed enough, AW-101 could potentially be armed in similar configuration.

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
What in the world is Pakistan buying from Italy that costs 800 million? I asked Ark Angel and his response was multiple stuff. Possibilities are:

1. Helicopter (AW-101?)
2. More of those excellent howitzers
3. APCs
4. Eurofighter lease??
5. Naval subsystems for new ships being inducted (Yarmouk, Azmat, Milgem / Jinnah, Alamgir...) These can include a possible naval SAM system

Zulu

Reactions
2,010 60 0
Country
Pakistan
If point 4 materialize i promised u sent best Karachi Mittahi ka tokkra where ever u live in the world
What in the world is Pakistan buying from Italy that costs 800 million? I asked Ark Angel and his response was multiple stuff. Possibilities are:

1. Helicopter (AW-101?)
3. APCs
4. Eurofighter lease??
5. Naval subsystems for new ships being inducted (Yarmouk, Azmat, Milgem / Jinnah, Alamgir...) These can include a possible naval SAM system

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan

1. Helicopter (AW-101?)
3. APCs
4. Eurofighter lease??
Eygpt is also looking EF and Naval ships worth about 5 billions from Italy

Last edited:

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan

1. Helicopter (AW-101?)
3. APCs
4. Eurofighter lease??
Expect point 4 I agree with all the points. With possible acquisitions of J-15/J-10 I do not see Eurofighter's

Mechanic

Reactions
308 2 0
Country
Pakistan
Expect point 4 I agree with all the points. With possible acquisitions of J-15/J-10 I do not see Eurofighter's
Dont think it will affect J-15 procurement since J-15s are mainly coming for Navy However they could be bought in place of J-10s and even rumours of Pakistan procuring J-10s are not confirmed , I think Khafee only confirmed news of J-15s and F-16s not J-10s.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Dont think it will affect J-15 procurement since J-15s are mainly coming for Navy However they could be bought in place of J-10s and even rumours of Pakistan procuring J-10s are not confirmed , I think Khafee only confirmed news of J-15s and F-16s not J-10s.
There is a significant different in cost of acquiring J-10 vs Euro Fighter. While China might give us the jets on easy financing/loans, Italy is in no position to give us favors. Only hard cash can tempt them.