Can Trump Make a Bigger Fool of His-self? | Page 3 | World Defense

Can Trump Make a Bigger Fool of His-self?

joshposh

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
You look like jubilating, hahahaaa. But I agree with you that Mr. Trump knows what he is doing - questioning McCain's war heroism and the slur on the Mexicans. There are always 2 sides of the coin. Mexicans would hate Mr. Trump but how many Mexican voters in the US would not vote for Mr. Trump and how many would? Despite that racist statement, I'm sure there are Mexican voters who would still vote for him, i.e. if they believe in his platform.

There are an estimate of 1 million Latino voters that come of age (18) in the USA every year. Mexicans are Latinos. All Latinos do not like what he said. He has screwed himself and the republican party be making those statements.

Think of it as this way. I'm guessing your tribe is Tagalog (Luzon). If trump called all Bisaya rapist, would you get offended? If I called all Iliocanos murders, would you get offended by that? Maybe not directly but the finger was pointed at Filipinos. So yes, Latinos got offended.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
There are an estimate of 1 million Latino voters that come of age (18) in the USA every year. Mexicans are Latinos. All Latinos do not like what he said. He has screwed himself and the republican party be making those statements.

Think of it as this way. I'm guessing your tribe is Tagalog (Luzon). If trump called all Bisaya rapist, would you get offended? If I called all Iliocanos murders, would you get offended by that? Maybe not directly but the finger was pointed at Filipinos. So yes, Latinos got offended.

I agree that a person gets offended somehow when someone makes a generalized statement. I remember when an actress said that Manila is full of cockroaches, that American actress was declared persona non-grata. The media had a heyday. But after 1 week, a tv network surveyed the man on the street and no one cared about what Clair Danes said.

In the same vein, Filipinos are quick to rise to the challenge when smeared but it's just a show of emotion. Ask them the next day and they will just shrug their shoulder. Just like my Ilocano friends, they are not slighted when people call them thrifty or cheapskate.

GeeCee

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Nah, none of those. But I highly doubt Trump is free of those shades (or will stay that way) for long.

If I want someone with a firm stance on foreign policy, appreciation for military spending, and the ability to preserve the spirit of the second amendment, and a cat's chance in hell of getting elected, vote Marco Rubio. I would also recommend Scott Walker, but he hasn't been outspoken enough on those subjects for my tastes.
Nah, none of those. But I highly doubt Trump is free of those shades (or will stay that way) for long.

If I want someone with a firm stance on foreign policy, appreciation for military spending, and the ability to preserve the spirit of the second amendment, and a cat's chance in hell of getting elected, vote Marco Rubio. I would also recommend Scott Walker, but he hasn't been outspoken enough on those subjects for my tastes.

I'm sorry, but Rubio and Scott Walker had their chance in the last election. By the time the primaries came around, they were both long gone. I remember Scott Walker. He drove a truck. And Rubio got plenty of traction going in the early months, just like he has now. Don't worry, they'll both fade out quickly enough. And please don't mention that flip-flop wishy wash Rick Perry. Him and his silly glasses.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I agree that a person gets offended somehow when someone makes a generalized statement. I remember when an actress said that Manila is full of cockroaches, that American actress was declared persona non-grata. The media had a heyday. But after 1 week, a tv network surveyed the man on the street and no one cared about what Clair Danes said.

In the same vein, Filipinos are quick to rise to the challenge when smeared but it's just a show of emotion. Ask them the next day and they will just shrug their shoulder. Just like my Ilocano friends, they are not slighted when people call them thrifty or cheapskate.
Corzhens, I am a mix of stuff, with Scottish being prominent. I constantly hear the old thing about Scots being cheap, and I just laugh it off. As far as Claire Danes is concerned, I don't think too many Americans care what she says either. ø¬˚¬ø She's just another empty-headed celebrity, with more mouth than brains. I think when people say anything, we have to just be grown-ups, and let them have their opinion, the way we have ours.
BTW, the Philippines sound lovely to me! I would so love to visit there. If Claire Danes is worried about cockroaches, she'd better stay out of most parts of the USA. A lot of places here are infested with them! åΩç√

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Corzhens, I am a mix of stuff, with Scottish being prominent. I constantly hear the old thing about Scots being cheap, and I just laugh it off. As far as Claire Danes is concerned, I don't think too many Americans care what she says either. ø¬˚¬ø She's just another empty-headed celebrity, with more mouth than brains. I think when people say anything, we have to just be grown-ups, and let them have their opinion, the way we have ours.
BTW, the Philippines sound lovely to me! I would so love to visit there. If Claire Danes is worried about cockroaches, she'd better stay out of most parts of the USA. A lot of places here are infested with them! åΩç√

The Philippines has a lot of nice places, nice people, nice food and everything's almost nice. But, of course, there are also the not nice places, not nice people, etc. Most foreigners who come here are treated to our genuine hospitality since most Filipinos are very accommodating to their guests. And I hope that you will find the time to visit our country someday and sample a different kind of tour.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
I have looked high and low for just one reason anyone would want to vote for him... or what he claims to have to offer the nation. But I'm drawing a blank. A lack of morals, ethics, the monetary expertise to force our country into bankruptcy, complete lack of conscience or empathy...
I am reminded that Hitler actually was elected to office in Germany (on a hate platform), and we have had Bush and even worse. Trump is running on hate and bigotry, and a view of economics designed to increase the sale of 300 foot yachts and tarpaper. The yachts for his buddies, the tarpaper so the rest of us can build shanties.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I am reminded that Hitler actually was elected to office in Germany (on a hate platform), and we have had Bush and even worse. Trump is running on hate and bigotry, and a view of economics designed to increase the sale of 300 foot yachts and tarpaper. The yachts for his buddies, the tarpaper so the rest of us can build shanties.
Yes Hitler ran on hate, whereas Trump has not expressed hatred for anyone, only the rights and liberties for people who are U.S. citizens. Don't forget, the people who were persecuted by Hitler were citizens, not invaders. To draw a parallel between Trump and Hitler is disingenuous, to say the least.
Now we have Obama, who ran on "hope and change." The only hope I've seen is for illegals and other criminals, and people who support Obama, the only change being that our morals and values are going down the sewer! I prefer a man who speaks the truth. I realize that's not popular with certain elements in this country.

GeeCee

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
It remains to be seen, but I really don't he has screwed himself. I think one of the reasons he went down to Texas was to prove a point: there are even conservative Latinos who agree with what he says. I think that the concept of the truly liberal Latino is a misnomer, especially for those who take political action.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Yes Hitler ran on hate, whereas Trump has not expressed hatred for anyone, only the rights and liberties for people who are U.S. citizens. Don't forget, the people who were persecuted by Hitler were citizens, not invaders. To draw a parallel between Trump and Hitler is disingenuous, to say the least.
Didn't Hitler attempt to eliminate the jews in Poland, as well? I bring this up because the polish weren't German citizens.

Check this out! I am going to post the inscription on the Statue of Liberty.

"Inscription on the Statue of Liberty"
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

It almost sounds like the principal's this country was founded on weren't racism and bigotry. Crazy, right?

Now we have Obama, who ran on "hope and change." The only hope I've seen is for illegals and other criminals, and people who support Obama,
Is this maybe a typo that just makes it sound like you are grouping all "illegals" into the "criminals" category? I'm sure its a typo. No way could anyone be that full of bigotry and racism.

the only change being that our morals and values are going down the sewer!

Not shoving YOUR religion down someone's throat until they choke on it, isn't the same thing as being persecuted or discriminated against. And, honestly, if you can be a good person unless the government tells you whats right and whats wrong, all taken from the book Christians are suppose to memorize, anyway, you are just as bad if not worse than the mexicans you can't stop bitching about.

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
Although that comment made me bristle at first, after I thought about it, I get where Trump was going with it. He's basically saying that there are a lot of people who have given their lives for this country who deserve to be called a hero more than McCain. And he's actually right. We hear about heroes who survived firefights, or protected people in their platoon by risking their own lives all-time in the annals of war history. He was saying that McCain has been classified hero because he was a POW. Well, what about all the other people who were POWs, who are walking around with no recognition outside of a designation and a pat on the arm at the yearly Veterans Day ceremony? They deserve recognition. What makes McCain any better than them?

I get that a lot of people consider what Trump said idiocy, but I get it. McCain never saved anybody, ever put his life on the line to save his fellow soldier. And while I respect his service, I don't think that what he did classifies him as a war hero.

Oh jeesh, that is giving the blowhard more credit than he deserves. He spouts off first and asks questions later. It is beyond me how he could be number one in the polls. I really honestly think the American people are and will prove smarter than that. Either that or they don't care whether there is a war with another country. It is bizarre!

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
Didn't Hitler attempt to eliminate the jews in Poland, as well? I bring this up because the polish weren't German citizens.

Check this out! I am going to post the inscription on the Statue of Liberty.

"Inscription on the Statue of Liberty"
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

It almost sounds like the principal's this country was founded on weren't racism and bigotry. Crazy, right?

Is this maybe a typo that just makes it sound like you are grouping all "illegals" into the "criminals" category? I'm sure its a typo. No way could anyone be that full of bigotry and racism.

Not shoving YOUR religion down someone's throat until they choke on it, isn't the same thing as being persecuted or discriminated against. And, honestly, if you can be a good person unless the government tells you whats right and whats wrong, all taken from the book Christians are suppose to memorize, anyway, you are just as bad if not worse than the mexicans you can't stop bitching about.

I'm just not going to bother picking apart all this rhetoric to refute it. I will only reply to this one:

"Is this maybe a typo that just makes it sound like you are grouping all "illegals" into the "criminals" category? I'm sure its a typo. No way could anyone be that full of bigotry and racism."

If I broke a Federal law, I WOULD BE COMMITTING A CRIME, THEREFORE I WOULD BE A CRIMINAL, CORRECT?
By the same token, if anyone ELSE breaks a federal law, they are considered a criminal, correct?
Then how, in the name of all that is logical, can an illegal immigrant, who is breaking our Federal law, by virtue of being here, not be considered a criminal?

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Oh jeesh, that is giving the blowhard more credit than he deserves. He spouts off first and asks questions later. It is beyond me how he could be number one in the polls. I really honestly think the American people are and will prove smarter than that. Either that or they don't care whether there is a war with another country. It is bizarre!
I really hope you're right! I read today that 30%, give or take, of republicans would vote for the tax dodging bigot if he runs as a third party. I'm actually really scared.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
Oh now he's a tax-dodger too, huh? And with his billions, the almighty Obama IRS allows him to get away with it? Riiiight! How is he a tax-dodger? Where has it ever been proven, or even stated that he's a tax-dodger? I realize that liberals tend to be on fighting terms with the truth, but this is a bit much, dontcha think???

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA

So do I! So do we all! Having tax exemptions does not make one a tax-cheat.
THIS is what constitutes a tax-cheat:

"So how much does Soros, friend of Obama and every other wealth-redistributing leftist, owe in taxes?

After Congress closed a hedge fund loophole in 2008, the 84-year-old billionaire is expected to pay an estimated $6.7 billion on deferred income amassed through his hedge fund, Soros Management Fund, by 2017.

Yep, one of the largest donors to those whose philosophy is that of Karl Marx — “from each according to his ability to his need” — kept from the taxman almost $7 billion of his “fair share.” Legal? Probably. Hypocritical? Definitely. Soros, Democrats and leftist TV talkingheads screech for more government spending with law-abiding, average workers footing the bill." Robin Smith: Parade of Tax Cheats Just Happens to Be Led by Democrats — The Patriot Post

THIS is a tax-cheat:

" ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER DEMOCRAT TAX CHEAT
This time it’s not Rep.
Charlie Rangel or Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner failing to pay
taxes; it’s Missouri Sen. Claire McCaskill. After using taxpayer money to cover
the cost of her political travel, Claire McCaskill is selling her private plane.
McCaskill will also be sending a check for nearly $300,000 in back taxes to St.
Louis County. McCaskill, who is a millionaire who can afford to pay for her
political travel herself but instead has hardworking taxpayers do it instead, is
up for re-election in 2012." ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER DEMOCRAT TAX CHEAT PLEASE LIST YOUR FAVORITE TAX CHEAT?
The list goes on and on...and they get away with it!

"