Can Trump Make a Bigger Fool of His-self? | Page 3 | World Defense

Can Trump Make a Bigger Fool of His-self?

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
I have looked high and low for just one reason anyone would want to vote for him... or what he claims to have to offer the nation. But I'm drawing a blank. A lack of morals, ethics, the monetary expertise to force our country into bankruptcy, complete lack of conscience or empathy...
I am reminded that Hitler actually was elected to office in Germany (on a hate platform), and we have had Bush and even worse. Trump is running on hate and bigotry, and a view of economics designed to increase the sale of 300 foot yachts and tarpaper. The yachts for his buddies, the tarpaper so the rest of us can build shanties.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I am reminded that Hitler actually was elected to office in Germany (on a hate platform), and we have had Bush and even worse. Trump is running on hate and bigotry, and a view of economics designed to increase the sale of 300 foot yachts and tarpaper. The yachts for his buddies, the tarpaper so the rest of us can build shanties.
Yes Hitler ran on hate, whereas Trump has not expressed hatred for anyone, only the rights and liberties for people who are U.S. citizens. Don't forget, the people who were persecuted by Hitler were citizens, not invaders. To draw a parallel between Trump and Hitler is disingenuous, to say the least.
Now we have Obama, who ran on "hope and change." The only hope I've seen is for illegals and other criminals, and people who support Obama, the only change being that our morals and values are going down the sewer! I prefer a man who speaks the truth. I realize that's not popular with certain elements in this country.

GeeCee

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
There are an estimate of 1 million Latino voters that come of age (18) in the USA every year. Mexicans are Latinos. All Latinos do not like what he said. He has screwed himself and the republican party be making those statements.
It remains to be seen, but I really don't he has screwed himself. I think one of the reasons he went down to Texas was to prove a point: there are even conservative Latinos who agree with what he says. I think that the concept of the truly liberal Latino is a misnomer, especially for those who take political action.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Yes Hitler ran on hate, whereas Trump has not expressed hatred for anyone, only the rights and liberties for people who are U.S. citizens. Don't forget, the people who were persecuted by Hitler were citizens, not invaders. To draw a parallel between Trump and Hitler is disingenuous, to say the least.
Didn't Hitler attempt to eliminate the jews in Poland, as well? I bring this up because the polish weren't German citizens.

Check this out! I am going to post the inscription on the Statue of Liberty.

"Inscription on the Statue of Liberty"
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

It almost sounds like the principal's this country was founded on weren't racism and bigotry. Crazy, right?

Now we have Obama, who ran on "hope and change." The only hope I've seen is for illegals and other criminals, and people who support Obama,
Is this maybe a typo that just makes it sound like you are grouping all "illegals" into the "criminals" category? I'm sure its a typo. No way could anyone be that full of bigotry and racism.

the only change being that our morals and values are going down the sewer!

Not shoving YOUR religion down someone's throat until they choke on it, isn't the same thing as being persecuted or discriminated against. And, honestly, if you can be a good person unless the government tells you whats right and whats wrong, all taken from the book Christians are suppose to memorize, anyway, you are just as bad if not worse than the mexicans you can't stop bitching about.

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
Although that comment made me bristle at first, after I thought about it, I get where Trump was going with it. He's basically saying that there are a lot of people who have given their lives for this country who deserve to be called a hero more than McCain. And he's actually right. We hear about heroes who survived firefights, or protected people in their platoon by risking their own lives all-time in the annals of war history. He was saying that McCain has been classified hero because he was a POW. Well, what about all the other people who were POWs, who are walking around with no recognition outside of a designation and a pat on the arm at the yearly Veterans Day ceremony? They deserve recognition. What makes McCain any better than them?

I get that a lot of people consider what Trump said idiocy, but I get it. McCain never saved anybody, ever put his life on the line to save his fellow soldier. And while I respect his service, I don't think that what he did classifies him as a war hero.

Oh jeesh, that is giving the blowhard more credit than he deserves. He spouts off first and asks questions later. It is beyond me how he could be number one in the polls. I really honestly think the American people are and will prove smarter than that. Either that or they don't care whether there is a war with another country. It is bizarre!

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
Didn't Hitler attempt to eliminate the jews in Poland, as well? I bring this up because the polish weren't German citizens.

Check this out! I am going to post the inscription on the Statue of Liberty.

"Inscription on the Statue of Liberty"
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

It almost sounds like the principal's this country was founded on weren't racism and bigotry. Crazy, right?

Is this maybe a typo that just makes it sound like you are grouping all "illegals" into the "criminals" category? I'm sure its a typo. No way could anyone be that full of bigotry and racism.

Not shoving YOUR religion down someone's throat until they choke on it, isn't the same thing as being persecuted or discriminated against. And, honestly, if you can be a good person unless the government tells you whats right and whats wrong, all taken from the book Christians are suppose to memorize, anyway, you are just as bad if not worse than the mexicans you can't stop bitching about.

I'm just not going to bother picking apart all this rhetoric to refute it. I will only reply to this one:

"Is this maybe a typo that just makes it sound like you are grouping all "illegals" into the "criminals" category? I'm sure its a typo. No way could anyone be that full of bigotry and racism."

If I broke a Federal law, I WOULD BE COMMITTING A CRIME, THEREFORE I WOULD BE A CRIMINAL, CORRECT?
By the same token, if anyone ELSE breaks a federal law, they are considered a criminal, correct?
Then how, in the name of all that is logical, can an illegal immigrant, who is breaking our Federal law, by virtue of being here, not be considered a criminal?

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Oh jeesh, that is giving the blowhard more credit than he deserves. He spouts off first and asks questions later. It is beyond me how he could be number one in the polls. I really honestly think the American people are and will prove smarter than that. Either that or they don't care whether there is a war with another country. It is bizarre!
I really hope you're right! I read today that 30%, give or take, of republicans would vote for the tax dodging bigot if he runs as a third party. I'm actually really scared.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
Oh now he's a tax-dodger too, huh? And with his billions, the almighty Obama IRS allows him to get away with it? Riiiight! How is he a tax-dodger? Where has it ever been proven, or even stated that he's a tax-dodger? I realize that liberals tend to be on fighting terms with the truth, but this is a bit much, dontcha think???

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA

So do I! So do we all! Having tax exemptions does not make one a tax-cheat.
THIS is what constitutes a tax-cheat:

"So how much does Soros, friend of Obama and every other wealth-redistributing leftist, owe in taxes?

After Congress closed a hedge fund loophole in 2008, the 84-year-old billionaire is expected to pay an estimated $6.7 billion on deferred income amassed through his hedge fund, Soros Management Fund, by 2017.

Yep, one of the largest donors to those whose philosophy is that of Karl Marx — “from each according to his ability to his need” — kept from the taxman almost $7 billion of his “fair share.” Legal? Probably. Hypocritical? Definitely. Soros, Democrats and leftist TV talkingheads screech for more government spending with law-abiding, average workers footing the bill." Robin Smith: Parade of Tax Cheats Just Happens to Be Led by Democrats — The Patriot Post

THIS is a tax-cheat:

" ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER DEMOCRAT TAX CHEAT
This time it’s not Rep.
Charlie Rangel or Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner failing to pay
taxes; it’s Missouri Sen. Claire McCaskill. After using taxpayer money to cover
the cost of her political travel, Claire McCaskill is selling her private plane.
McCaskill will also be sending a check for nearly $300,000 in back taxes to St.
Louis County. McCaskill, who is a millionaire who can afford to pay for her
political travel herself but instead has hardworking taxpayers do it instead, is
up for re-election in 2012." ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER DEMOCRAT TAX CHEAT PLEASE LIST YOUR FAVORITE TAX CHEAT?
The list goes on and on...and they get away with it!

"

bluedog

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
Well, Trump has done it yet again. He said the Senator McCain was not a war hero because he got captured and was a POW. McCain was shot down while on a bombing mission over Vietnam and spent 6 years as a POW. Trump has refused to correct his statement, and has in fact exacerbated it. Trump was able to avoid service during the Vietnam conflict due to dubious health deferments. He came from a wealthy family, a situation that seemed to result in many health deferments at that time.

I have to admit that I am a Democrat, and I love to see such dishonor brought to the GOP. I have to feel for all those Republicans who are not pure evil, and am embarrassed to see how many people continue to actually support his bid for president.

I have a lot of respect for McCain (not as much as I had before he sold out during his presidential run), and I have absolutely no reservations about his status as a war hero.

Whatever views I have on McCain, it is wrong to diminish anyone's service. In my eyes anyone serving is a hero. Furthermore, whatever views I have on Trump, this is an area where he should apologize to all POWs (and families). A few years ago, one of my relations came home to lay in rest on American soil after being a POW. Is he telling me that my relation is not a War Hero?

If Trump wanted to address his issues with McCain, he could have chosen numerous other areas. It is not patriotic to demeanor any veteran or those currently serving. If Trump had been in the military, probably not sunk to this level of insult. There is a code of honor. He broke it. Better to admit this error, there is no justified reason to belittle anyone's service.

Uncle Doc J

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
Trump isn't concerned about 'the struggle McCain went through'; I know Trump knows McCain is honorable and/or highly-worthy of honor, but he's "calling a spade 'a spade.'" Good soldier, McCain was; but not a hero. At least, not in the sense that we non-military types understand the word.

In other words, who did McCain 'valiantly rescue with a feat of derring-do'?

McCain--whatever good military-actions he may have been in the midst of--was caught. That (and his survival through six years of imprisonment) are the extent (to non-military) of McCain's 'war heroism.' I was hit by a car---bruised my brain-stem, with doctors telling me I'd be bed-ridden and dependent on life-support for as long as someone could pay-for; but I decided to get better, and am a walking, talking miracle. Does that make me a war-hero?

Don't think so!

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Whatever views I have on McCain, it is wrong to diminish anyone's service. In my eyes anyone serving is a hero. Furthermore, whatever views I have on Trump, this is an area where he should apologize to all POWs (and families). A few years ago, one of my relations came home to lay in rest on American soil after being a POW. Is he telling me that my relation is not a War Hero?

If Trump wanted to address his issues with McCain, he could have chosen numerous other areas. It is not patriotic to demeanor any veteran or those currently serving. If Trump had been in the military, probably not sunk to this level of insult. There is a code of honor. He broke it. Better to admit this error, there is no justified reason to belittle anyone's service.
In my opinion he did it publicly, like he did, because he wants to make sure people believe he's telling it how it is. "Oh wow! Trump is speaking the truth".

He's taking it overboard because it doesn't matter what effed up shit he says, all anyone is going to get from it is that he's not 'politically correct'.

Mexicans that hate Mexico, and females that hate women, and welfare recipients who hate poor people, and the list goes on and on. He appeals to HATE. And hateful people are being taken in by it.

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Trump will have to work pretty hard to make a bigger fool out of himself than he already has. I'm a consistent, loyal Republican, but if Trump happened to stumble into the nomination there's no way I could bring myself to vote for him. I'd be forced to vote for the third party candidate. I don't see myself having to do that, but the longer Trump is the focus on the GOP nominating process the worse it is for the party.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
Trump isn't concerned about 'the struggle McCain went through'; I know Trump knows McCain is honorable and/or highly-worthy of honor, but he's "calling a spade 'a spade.'" Good soldier, McCain was; but not a hero. At least, not in the sense that we non-military types understand the word.

In other words, who did McCain 'valiantly rescue with a feat of derring-do'?

McCain--whatever good military-actions he may have been in the midst of--was caught. That (and his survival through six years of imprisonment) are the extent (to non-military) of McCain's 'war heroism.' I was hit by a car---bruised my brain-stem, with doctors telling me I'd be bed-ridden and dependent on life-support for as long as someone could pay-for; but I decided to get better, and am a walking, talking miracle. Does that make me a war-hero?

Don't think so!
Nope not a war hero, but WOW! That's pretty impressive any way you look at it! Congrats to you! I hope you go on fighting! And thanks for your explanation about Trump's statement. It was well enunciated, and on target. I agree about McCain. I can't stand his brand of politics, but I appreciate his service in the military. He was indeed a "good soldier."