Can Trump Make a Bigger Fool of His-self? | World Defense

Can Trump Make a Bigger Fool of His-self?

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
Well, Trump has done it yet again. He said the Senator McCain was not a war hero because he got captured and was a POW. McCain was shot down while on a bombing mission over Vietnam and spent 6 years as a POW. Trump has refused to correct his statement, and has in fact exacerbated it. Trump was able to avoid service during the Vietnam conflict due to dubious health deferments. He came from a wealthy family, a situation that seemed to result in many health deferments at that time.

I have to admit that I am a Democrat, and I love to see such dishonor brought to the GOP. I have to feel for all those Republicans who are not pure evil, and am embarrassed to see how many people continue to actually support his bid for president.

I have a lot of respect for McCain (not as much as I had before he sold out during his presidential run), and I have absolutely no reservations about his status as a war hero.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
Well, Trump is making himself look like a jack ass. Macys has already cut ties form him because he made racial comments about Mexicans being rapist. So he just lost all of the Latino votes in the USA. He is such an idiot. He has no clue what he is doing and it a beautiful thing to see a big ball of flame go down as fast and flamboyant as he.
And the great thing is that he seems to be having fun doing it. As someone who is happy to see the Republican party being so obviously embarrassed by a person who represents exactly what powers them, the arrogant super rich, I have to be enjoying the spectacle. He makes Rick Scott look like not such a terrible crook. A crook, yes, but at least he has the sense to not openly insult everyone around him. I guess Scott had to steal his way up, he wasn't born into ill-gotten wealth.

Psyche

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I am pretty left wing but I also have a soft spot for McCain. Even in his overly candid or frustrated moments McCain seems like a really good guy trying to do the right thing. Trump gives me the very opposite feeling.

The longer Trump hogs the limelight the better the Democrats chances get. Because he is not a viable candidate and he is sucking air away from the people who are. That gives Hillary a big advantage as the clear front runner on the other side. And she is going to need it because as much as I like Hillary, charismatic she ain't.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I have faith that Bernie just may take the lead with the democrats. I feel like everybody else who's running, dems and reps alike, are jokes. Not one of them deserve the keys to the kingdom.

bnleech

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
Honestly, I don't agree with the things that Trump is saying however, he came from nothing and worked his way up on the world and was completely ruthless. Maybe that is what America needs to come out of our deficit, make more jobs for our people, and with liveable wages. Every president has good points and bad ones. One of the worst things is how much they have increased the deficit for the country and sent more jobs overseas instead of making jobs for our huge population.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
When I first read that Donald Trump is entering politics, the first question in my mind is what is his hidden agenda. I may not be an American but we know over here the image of Mr. Trump because he is that popular or notorious whichever the case may be. His tv show Apprentice has a good following here. But anyway, it is still a puzzle why Mr. Trump is trying to be president of US. We can only guess why.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I think Donald Trump is a genius! He is just stirring up those conservatives who are despondent, or asleep. I believe he knows exactly what he is doing. He obviously stepped in it when he criticized McCain's war hero status, but I would still vote for him. He is saying what a lot of people are thinking, but are too whipped by PC to say themselves. Also, I agree with bnleech. He would straighten out our economy, and let the free market alone to do its thing.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
As much as I hate his comments on Mexicans, I have to really look at the big picture from afar. The lesser of two evil. Should we put Trump in as the Republicans representative in the presidential election, or do we put in baby bush.

I think this country cannot handle another Bush in the White House. 15 trillion dollars later and we are going to put another Bush back in there? We can't allow that. The lobbyist and big corporations will love the fact that he is in power and will get all of the federal contracts.
Whoa! I can't stand the Bush brothers, but neither of them, nor their dad, can take credit for the huge deficit we have in this country. I don't want that mis-information perpetuated. According to dailysignal.com:

The federal government hit a new milestone Friday: The total federal debt now tallies more than $18 trillion.

Just six years ago when President Obama took office, total debt stood at $10.6 trillion, which means it now has increased by almost $8 trillion—roughly 70 percent—during his tenure as president.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
lmao only 10 trillion dollars?

In my opinion, being a decent human being is not the same thing as political correctness.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
Honestly, I don't agree with the things that Trump is saying however, he came from nothing and worked his way up on the world and was completely ruthless. Maybe that is what America needs to come out of our deficit, make more jobs for our people, and with liveable wages. Every president has good points and bad ones. One of the worst things is how much they have increased the deficit for the country and sent more jobs overseas instead of making jobs for our huge population.
Trump came from nothing? Check your facts. Trump was born into wealth, and has acquired much more. Whether or not he would be considered "old money" may be debatable. I am sure that some families would look down on him because his great-grand parents weren't rich.
The shipping jobs oversweas thing is a Republican tradition, and I doubt that Trump would do anything to reverse the trend.

BrandonA

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
If you want the "rags to riches" story, go with Scott Walker or Marco Rubio. Same deal, but without the "ruthless" part. And the four bankruptcies.

Honestly, I have no idea what Trump is trying to accomplish. If he's running as a legit GOP candidate, he's going about it all wrong. If he's trying to troll the party on behalf of Democrats, he's going about it all wrong. Not even the far right will take him seriously after his comments on McCain.

I'm not too worried. Michelle Bachmann was leading the polls at this point last election.

GeeCee

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Although that comment made me bristle at first, after I thought about it, I get where Trump was going with it. He's basically saying that there are a lot of people who have given their lives for this country who deserve to be called a hero more than McCain. And he's actually right. We hear about heroes who survived firefights, or protected people in their platoon by risking their own lives all-time in the annals of war history. He was saying that McCain has been classified hero because he was a POW. Well, what about all the other people who were POWs, who are walking around with no recognition outside of a designation and a pat on the arm at the yearly Veterans Day ceremony? They deserve recognition. What makes McCain any better than them?

I get that a lot of people consider what Trump said idiocy, but I get it. McCain never saved anybody, ever put his life on the line to save his fellow soldier. And while I respect his service, I don't think that what he did classifies him as a war hero.

BrandonA

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
Although that comment made me bristle at first, after I thought about it, I get where Trump was going with it. He's basically saying that there are a lot of people who have given their lives for this country who deserve to be called a hero more than McCain. And he's actually right. We hear about heroes who survived firefights, or protected people in their platoon by risking their own lives all-time in the annals of war history. He was saying that McCain has been classified hero because he was a POW. Well, what about all the other people who were POWs, who are walking around with no recognition outside of a designation and a pat on the arm at the yearly Veterans Day ceremony? They deserve recognition. What makes McCain any better than them?

I get that a lot of people consider what Trump said idiocy, but I get it. McCain never saved anybody, ever put his life on the line to save his fellow soldier. And while I respect his service, I don't think that what he did classifies him as a war hero.

I could see it from that point of view. But it's still a politically toxic comment. Any comment that needs to be thought about or defended or turned over and inside out ad nauseum is a bad statement.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I can't stand McCain. But the war hero bit is earned, in my opinion. He does NOT deserve more recognition than anyone else. But he doesn't deserve less than he's getting. The other veterans deserve a lot more, instead. He went over there, prepared to do whatever he had to do. If he ended up saving a life or losing a limb is irrelevant. He was prepared to do either one. And that's what matters. And being a pow wasn't a vacation, either. I doubt they put him up at a Hilton and offered surfing lessons. He deserves his recognition as well as the "war hero" title.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
Not only was McCain tortured extensively by the North Vietnamese, he was eventually offered the opportunity to return home but refused . I am a veteran, my father was a HIGHLY DECORATED veteran (silver star and two bronze stars, two purple hearts) with about 200 combined combat missions. Trump paid for a fake deferral (his family was wealthy and influential). Any contributions (trivial for him) to veterans memorials was out of a well earned sense of guilt or,more likely, a desire for good press. It is one thing for him to praise veterans in general, another for him to insult veterans.