Can Trump Make a Bigger Fool of His-self? | Page 2 | World Defense

Can Trump Make a Bigger Fool of His-self?

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I think Donald Trump is a genius! He is just stirring up those conservatives who are despondent, or asleep. I believe he knows exactly what he is doing. He obviously stepped in it when he criticized McCain's war hero status, but I would still vote for him. He is saying what a lot of people are thinking, but are too whipped by PC to say themselves. Also, I agree with bnleech. He would straighten out our economy, and let the free market alone to do its thing.

You look like jubilating, hahahaaa. But I agree with you that Mr. Trump knows what he is doing - questioning McCain's war heroism and the slur on the Mexicans. There are always 2 sides of the coin. Mexicans would hate Mr. Trump but how many Mexican voters in the US would not vote for Mr. Trump and how many would? Despite that racist statement, I'm sure there are Mexican voters who would still vote for him, i.e. if they believe in his platform.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
I think Donald Trump is a genius! He is just stirring up those conservatives who are despondent, or asleep. I believe he knows exactly what he is doing. He obviously stepped in it when he criticized McCain's war hero status, but I would still vote for him. He is saying what a lot of people are thinking, but are too whipped by PC to say themselves. Also, I agree with bnleech. He would straighten out our economy, and let the free market alone to do its thing.
Not only is he stirring up the Reich-Wing, he is motivating all of those who know enough about American history to know that laissez-faire economic Republican theory has been the direct cause of every depression this country has ever experienced. A true "free-market" results in Biltmore like estates looking down on vast seas of tar-paper shanties and starving children. Keep it up and all those assault rifles in the hands of the poor will get put to use. Hopefully enough people will vote, despite Republican efforts to limit the vote to wealthy whites, that the control of Congress will return to the people and the white house will remain there.

Shimus

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
I just dislike our entire options this election so far, and the person I want to be the fore-runner (Hillary Clinton) is actually suffering horrendously in polls. While comments like this actually make Trump surge in polls.. it's just a bad situation. It's like picking of the lesser evils again, only this time all the evils are playing poker to see who gets the nomination.

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
Well, Trump has done it yet again. He said the Senator McCain was not a war hero because he got captured and was a POW. McCain was shot down while on a bombing mission over Vietnam and spent 6 years as a POW. Trump has refused to correct his statement, and has in fact exacerbated it. Trump was able to avoid service during the Vietnam conflict due to dubious health deferments. He came from a wealthy family, a situation that seemed to result in many health deferments at that time.

I have to admit that I am a Democrat, and I love to see such dishonor brought to the GOP. I have to feel for all those Republicans who are not pure evil, and am embarrassed to see how many people continue to actually support his bid for president.

I have a lot of respect for McCain (not as much as I had before he sold out during his presidential run), and I have absolutely no reservations about his status as a war hero.

Trump is too much. Why he still has voter support is beyond me. I understand people are tired of traditional politicians. but electing a whack job as President is not the answer. If Trump ever got in the White House...he would likely paint it gold and call it the Trump House. or the Trump Gold House. Is this the kind of person we want running the country? One who thinks of himself as some kind of God or royalty.

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
I just dislike our entire options this election so far, and the person I want to be the fore-runner (Hillary Clinton) is actually suffering horrendously in polls. While comments like this actually make Trump surge in polls.. it's just a bad situation. It's like picking of the lesser evils again, only this time all the evils are playing poker to see who gets the nomination.

Yeah, I get that this election thus far is picking the lesser of the evils.. However, aren't sadly most elections like that? We need to get some better candidates to run for office. Maybe teachers and housewives would make a better congress and Presidential candidates than we have now, I mean really, these people are so entitled. The good electorates are drown out by the corporate majority it seems to me.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I have looked high and low for just one reason anyone would want to vote for him... or what he claims to have to offer the nation. But I'm drawing a blank. A lack of morals, ethics, the monetary expertise to force our country into bankruptcy, complete lack of conscience or empathy...

GeeCee

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
I could see it from that point of view. But it's still a politically toxic comment. Any comment that needs to be thought about or defended or turned over and inside out ad nauseum is a bad statement.
in my opinion, we should be doing more thinking about comments that are made from every person making them. Especially nowadays. I think that Trump says things that are definitely controversial, but at least he's making people think and raising the debate about these things. There is no way that the Republicans should have lost to Obama in the last election. But, because nobody came forth with true conservative values, the country decided that it would be better to continue with the present course than to believe someonew who was saying things just get into office. You may not like Obama, but she's done everything that he said he was going to do.

Now, along comes Trump. The guy basically saying things that the Republicans should have been saying all along, but got caught up in the false outrage that the left-wing media has been spewing out for the last six years. False outrage against conservative values, false outrage against the church, false outrage about the moral compass of what this country used to stand for. It's getting attention, and it's getting over because no one heard them in so long. And I think that it will continue, and Trump will continue to gain more support, regardless of what the media wants to say, or how they want to portray him. It's been a long time coming, and the pendulum has swung over substantially liberal over the last eight years. The sad thing about it all is, we're probably about to see it swing the other way greatly to compensate.

BrandonA

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
Trump has four bankruptcies to his name and a history of supporting Democrats and left-wing ideals. Do the research. There is no evidence that the guy has any sort of real convictions. He's getting by with his personality (how do you think he got a reality TV show? He's hilarious just to watch) and his refreshing forthrightness. Even now, while he's sufficiently hawkish on foreign policy, he supports legalization of drugs and universal health care. The Koch brothers aren't even looking at him.

There are such better candidates out there than him, including those with an actual history of hitting liberal interests and surviving.

GeeCee

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Trump has four bankruptcies to his name and a history of supporting Democrats and left-wing ideals. Do the research. There is no evidence that the guy has any sort of real convictions. He's getting by with his personality (how do you think he got a reality TV show? He's hilarious just to watch) and his refreshing forthrightness. Even now, while he's sufficiently hawkish on foreign policy, he supports legalization of drugs and universal health care. The Koch brothers aren't even looking at him.

There are such better candidates out there than him, including those with an actual history of hitting liberal interests and surviving.
Who? Jindal? MCain? Bush? Who doesn't have special interests, hidden agendas, and back-pocket motivations? At this point, I'm more prone to vote for the guy who already has the money in his pocket, as opposed to any of these politician clowns.

BrandonA

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
Who? Jindal? MCain? Bush? Who doesn't have special interests, hidden agendas, and back-pocket motivations? At this point, I'm more prone to vote for the guy who already has the money in his pocket, as opposed to any of these politician clowns.

Nah, none of those. But I highly doubt Trump is free of those shades (or will stay that way) for long.

If I want someone with a firm stance on foreign policy, appreciation for military spending, and the ability to preserve the spirit of the second amendment, and a cat's chance in hell of getting elected, vote Marco Rubio. I would also recommend Scott Walker, but he hasn't been outspoken enough on those subjects for my tastes.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines

In the 2010 presidential elections here, the leading candidates in the survey were Villar, a real estate magnate who has been a congressman and at the time a senator and Estrada, a very popular actor, town mayor, senator, vice president and a former president. People were asking the same thing - where are the better candidates than them? And the charismatic former president Cory Aquino died of cancer, leaving her popularity to her son who suddenly shot up the survey and won as president.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
There are an estimate of 1 million Latino voters that come of age (18) in the USA every year. Mexicans are Latinos. All Latinos do not like what he said. He has screwed himself and the republican party be making those statements.

Think of it as this way. I'm guessing your tribe is Tagalog (Luzon). If trump called all Bisaya rapist, would you get offended? If I called all Iliocanos murders, would you get offended by that? Maybe not directly but the finger was pointed at Filipinos. So yes, Latinos got offended.

I agree that a person gets offended somehow when someone makes a generalized statement. I remember when an actress said that Manila is full of cockroaches, that American actress was declared persona non-grata. The media had a heyday. But after 1 week, a tv network surveyed the man on the street and no one cared about what Clair Danes said.

In the same vein, Filipinos are quick to rise to the challenge when smeared but it's just a show of emotion. Ask them the next day and they will just shrug their shoulder. Just like my Ilocano friends, they are not slighted when people call them thrifty or cheapskate.

GeeCee

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Nah, none of those. But I highly doubt Trump is free of those shades (or will stay that way) for long.

If I want someone with a firm stance on foreign policy, appreciation for military spending, and the ability to preserve the spirit of the second amendment, and a cat's chance in hell of getting elected, vote Marco Rubio. I would also recommend Scott Walker, but he hasn't been outspoken enough on those subjects for my tastes.

I'm sorry, but Rubio and Scott Walker had their chance in the last election. By the time the primaries came around, they were both long gone. I remember Scott Walker. He drove a truck. And Rubio got plenty of traction going in the early months, just like he has now. Don't worry, they'll both fade out quickly enough. And please don't mention that flip-flop wishy wash Rick Perry. Him and his silly glasses.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I agree that a person gets offended somehow when someone makes a generalized statement. I remember when an actress said that Manila is full of cockroaches, that American actress was declared persona non-grata. The media had a heyday. But after 1 week, a tv network surveyed the man on the street and no one cared about what Clair Danes said.

In the same vein, Filipinos are quick to rise to the challenge when smeared but it's just a show of emotion. Ask them the next day and they will just shrug their shoulder. Just like my Ilocano friends, they are not slighted when people call them thrifty or cheapskate.
Corzhens, I am a mix of stuff, with Scottish being prominent. I constantly hear the old thing about Scots being cheap, and I just laugh it off. As far as Claire Danes is concerned, I don't think too many Americans care what she says either. ø¬˚¬ø She's just another empty-headed celebrity, with more mouth than brains. I think when people say anything, we have to just be grown-ups, and let them have their opinion, the way we have ours.
BTW, the Philippines sound lovely to me! I would so love to visit there. If Claire Danes is worried about cockroaches, she'd better stay out of most parts of the USA. A lot of places here are infested with them! åΩç√

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Corzhens, I am a mix of stuff, with Scottish being prominent. I constantly hear the old thing about Scots being cheap, and I just laugh it off. As far as Claire Danes is concerned, I don't think too many Americans care what she says either. ø¬˚¬ø She's just another empty-headed celebrity, with more mouth than brains. I think when people say anything, we have to just be grown-ups, and let them have their opinion, the way we have ours.
BTW, the Philippines sound lovely to me! I would so love to visit there. If Claire Danes is worried about cockroaches, she'd better stay out of most parts of the USA. A lot of places here are infested with them! åΩç√

The Philippines has a lot of nice places, nice people, nice food and everything's almost nice. But, of course, there are also the not nice places, not nice people, etc. Most foreigners who come here are treated to our genuine hospitality since most Filipinos are very accommodating to their guests. And I hope that you will find the time to visit our country someday and sample a different kind of tour.