Chill Republic | Page 53 | World Defense

Chill Republic

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
I never quoted you first.

What "facts" did I bring? I didnt even day much in my previous posts. Get off mate
Farsi as roots, Arabic has none. Where are your facts?

Go deal with your insecurities
What kind of insecurities? Can you explain further?

Moreover I am still waiting for
@!eon you sound insecure accusing everyone calling you a traitor....well are you?
Ahh Really? Where you found accusing everyone calling me a traitor?
I am waiting for you find that accusation of mine and @Khafee may help you in that, because he liked what you said.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Ahh Really? Where you found accusing everyone calling me a traitor?
I am waiting for you find that accusation of mine and @Khafee may help you in that, because he liked what you said.

Brother, my point is that no one called you a traitor, so why the emotional blackmail?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
National language on what basis?

On the basis of national cohesion, and effective communication.

Everyone being taught their mother tongue as their primary language in school is akin to everyone of on a tangent.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Fix for what? What is the problem?
I dont agree with him. Regional languages should not be imposed on anyone. If you want to learn, you can always learn on your own like @Berke2 Khan.

There is an area of Baluchistan, my ex-driver was from, they speak pushto, baluchi, and brohi in that area. You cant possibly teach all 3 !!

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
How can you say that, Farsi has cultural roots and Arabic has none?
From which city you are tell me and I would tell you how much roots Arabic has and how much Farsi, exactly in your city.

I think he was implying that pre-British Raj the national language was Farsi, so they should revert to it, or maybe he just wants to sell Chello Kabab |0|

@Pakhtoon yum ?

Berke2

Reactions
280 0 0
Country
Pakistan
I would say arabic would be a better choice to teach. It's easier for people to digest - you can simply argue that it makes learning the religion easier and people may not really put too much resistance against it. Otherwise people will think you're trying to force them to give up their language for your own etc...

Although let people speak their own languages if they want to, it's quite easy for kids to pick up 2 or 3 languages. So noone should be forced to give up their language.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I would say arabic would be a better choice to teach. It's easier for people to digest - you can simply argue that it makes learning the religion easier and people may not really put too much resistance against it. Otherwise people will think you're trying to force them to give up their language for your own etc...

Although let people speak their own languages if they want to, it's quite easy for kids to pick up 2 or 3 languages. So noone should be forced to give up their language.
It is not about forcing anyone to give up their language. It is about making other regional languages compulsory.

Berke2

Reactions
280 0 0
Country
Pakistan
It is not about forcing anyone to give up their language. It is about making other regional languages compulsory.

I see. I wouldn't make the other language compulsory to speak unless it's for specific lines of work where it's beneficial (e.g. soldiers speaking the same language). Maybe make it compulsory to be taught in schools though just so the kids know and so anywhere you go in pakistan you'll be able to communicate with people. Otherwise let people speak what they want in their street or home etc...

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
I think he was implying that pre-British Raj the national language was Farsi, so they should revert to it, or maybe he just wants to sell Chello Kabab |0|

@Pakhtoon yum ?
Persian kababs are >>_*
Had the displeasure of spending close to a 100$ on them and Persian food in general.

U cant cover the blandness with saffron and call it it a day ™¡£

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan

People will find a way to cry even if you hand them a gold brick.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
I see. I wouldn't make the other language compulsory to speak unless it's for specific lines of work where it's beneficial (e.g. soldiers speaking the same language). Maybe make it compulsory to be taught in schools though just so the kids know and so anywhere you go in pakistan you'll be able to communicate with people. Otherwise let people speak what they want in their street or home etc...
Like french in canada. It will keep the languages alive and wont be imposed on anyone. Till grade 12 should be fine.

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan

@Pakhtoon yum ?
Actually long before pre-British Raj. After Aurangzaib, Mughal Empire was just shrinking and in 1800, they were only direct kings of Dehli and indirectly ruling just the surrounding of Dehli.
Today's Pakistan was under rule different dynasties.

Also, when Farsi was a national language, say for example under most powerful Mughal King Aurangzaib, how many people learned Farsi in today's Pakistan? Nobody would travel to capital Dehli, Nobody was seeking sarkari nokri. Why would they learn Farsi?

My grandfather died in 2005 at age of 98. He used to tell us that it would take 4 days to reach Lahore from his village near D.I.Khan. His single visit of Lahore was, if I can remember in 1940. There were buses and trains operating at that time.

Now, drag the time back to Aurangzaib, how many were traveling to Capital city and how many were learning national language?

Those people who want to study, had one main system of education: Madaris, and they used to taught Farsi but mainly Arabic.

My grandpa and people of his age also learned both, but the difference is, he could not speak Farsi in his old age but can speak Arabic, because he was using it daily, reading Quran, Hadees, Tafseer, but there was no use of Farsi, so he forgot it.
Then he had emotions attached with Arabic, but no emotions attached with Farsi.

Granpa is just an example, it's applicable to whole society of that time.

Now, which one has deeper roots, Farsi or Arabic?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited / added:

@Gripen9 @Khafee
You can see in whole Pakistan, there is no emotional attachment with Urdu, but there's attachment with Arabic, except for Iranian groups and people far away from religion.

Old problems keep reappearing in new shapes under the umbrella of ethnicity (That is language), like today's PTM, and problem in Baluchistan areas.

No ethnic group (except central Punjabis) would leave their mother tongue for Urdu, but for Arabic they can be made ready.

Now, think how many big problems can be solved with that one language change?

But then problem solving and Pakistan Government are aliens to each other.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ خَلْقُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَاخْتِلَافُ أَلْسِنَتِكُمْ وَأَلْوَانِكُمْ

Like skin color, languages are also not man made (exception is there in both, where somebody tries). A language just take time to appear from combinations of other preexisting languages over a long time. One should not be emotional with them as same with skin color.

All the knowledge including languages knowledge is from Allah, so why should we hate one and ready to die for another, or hate and love others on basis of their languages?

They all are equal but Arabic has special honor. It's the chosen one by Almighty for his book and his last and most beloved Prophet. We should accept that honor of Arabic. If we don't, it doesn't matter, as our lives and deaths don't matter, because Almighty is above everything.
And majority of people in Pakistan do accept that honor of Arabic. It's the only language that can combine them, as Islam was the only reason to combine Muslims of Sub-Continent and demanded a separate land.

Also as Ameer almomeneen Umer Farooq said تعلموا العربية فإنها من دينكم
Are we learning it today?

Last edited:

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
Brother, my point is that no one called you a traitor, so why the emotional blackmail?
Don't be emotional kid @Khafee . We have already enough of them here.

I thought you could extract real sense from a sentence, am I wrong?
Ya it's hard because person's face and expressions are not there but stilllll.. com on