Chill Republic | Page 55 | World Defense

Chill Republic

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
How did u manage to light those coal brick things? I've never ever managed to light them up even after pouring gasoline on them.
Charcoal starter chimney. You put coal in it and light a piece of old newspaper under it. Takes 20 mins, but no need for lighter fluid which leaves a really wierd taste in the meat for me. See the metal tube in the background.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
How did u manage to light those coal brick things? I've never ever managed to light them up even after pouring gasoline on them.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Salmon fishing season starts here in Washington in 10 days. Will be grilling cedar plank salmon. Will share some pics of that. That is yum!
You soak a plank of cedar in water for a few hours, then put the fish on it and the plank on hot coals. You get cedar infused fish in 20 minutes.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Charcoal starter chimney. You put coal in it and light a piece of old newspaper under it. Takes 20 mins, but no need for lighter fluid which leaves a really wierd taste in the meat for me. See the metal tube in the background.
Oh ok, I'm trying to find actual coal so that I can go crazy and let my inner "pakhtoon" go crazy. Also I would like to avoid the aftertaste you mentioned. I feel like it would pour water over your work.

In kpk they make the best fish bbq too. Sitting on the shore of a river and they bbq the fish for you with a vinegar, red chilli and garlic dip....oooof %/

Best fish I've had till date periodt

Also I highly recommend slicing some plums in half and putting them on the grill. Thank me later

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Oh ok, I'm trying to find actual coal so that I can go crazy and let my inner "pakhtoon" go crazy. Also I would like to avoid the aftertaste you mentioned. I feel like it would pour water over your work.

In kpk they make the best fish bbq too. Sitting on the shore of a river and they bbq the fish for you with a vinegar, red chilli and garlic dip....oooof %/

Also I highly recommend slicing some plums in half and putting them on the grill. Thank me later
I miss that. Just FYI grew up @ PAF Badaber (Peshawar) and used to go to warsak dam for picnics :)

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Salmon fishing season starts here in Washington in 10 days. Will be grilling cedar plank salmon. Will share some pics of that. That is yum!
You soak a plank of cedar in water for a few hours, then put the fish on it and the plank on hot coals. You get cedar infused fish in 20 minutes.
Salmon is crazy expensive here along with all other seafood which is such a shame

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan

I have done with peaches. Will try plums as well.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Salmon is crazy expensive here along with all other seafood which is such a shame
Same here even though we have fisheries right closeby. I do have a few friends that fish. One of them has promised to get me a good King or Coho Salmon.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Same here even though we have fisheries right closeby. I do have a few friends that fish. One of them has promised to get me a good King or Coho Salmon.
We can fish here but we can't eat anything because it's highly contaminated with heavy metals. They kinda destroyed the fresh water lakes by dumping industrial waste in them.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
We can fish here but we can't eat anything because it's highly contaminated with heavy metals. They kinda destroyed the fresh water lakes by dumping industrial waste in them.
That sucks. I only fish on youtube (as my wife would say :p ).
But in Pacific Northwest, you get both fresh water fish and saltwater fish re;latively fresh. I would not call it cheap though. Good fresh local salmon could be as much as $30/lb

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
But in Pacific Northwest, you get both fresh water fish and saltwater fish re;latively fresh. I would not call it cheap though. Good fresh local salmon could be as much as $30/lb
Seafood is so good too (:-\

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
$30/lb :eek: