Chill Republic | Page 83 | World Defense

Chill Republic

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
So what is the “Aap” in Arabic ?
اسماء ضمائر of Arabic has no term for اسم ضمیر - آپ of Urdu.
Like الضمائر الشخصية of Arabic has انت and انتی , which is not found in Urdu or English. Every language has limits and that's why there's no word to word translation from one language to another.

Check the comparison below for same personal pronouns الضمائر الشخصية in Arabic and German. There are terms in German, which lack in Arabic and there are terms in Arabic, which are not found in German.

Diepersonalpronomen-1.png

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
if someone is above ur age u either call him عمي if it’s professional place u call him يا سيدي (sir)
or if he is really old age u call him walid its really important to respect in arabic culture
a word with nice attitude can change other person’s perspective towards u completely
That's like calling some senior/aged as چچا جی or جناب ، سر in Urdu, but آپ is ضمیر and has no Arabic equivalent.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
That's like calling some senior/aged as چچا جی or جناب ، سر in Urdu, but آپ is ضمیر and has no Arabic equivalent.
See this is where things get complex. Per se, there is not, BUT cultural norms dictate that there is. Get it?

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
I know it might sound weird or Matlabi,

But I am sending a Brigade from here to Yemen, If they are of any help, If not, I will make sure to send the best cooks.

In turn, I need a good spot or port in Yemen, To make a base for PN.

3 din ki muhlat hai sochne ki, Clock is ticking.
Agreement sign karna hai, 3 bar qabool hai bolden ya 3.5 bar.

@Zulu Bhai wo Mujahid Anwar saheb se contract book lakar edit karden, Us mein PAF hata kar PN likhden aur Port shamil karden procurement mein.

Hum log Poora karachi ko tow karke Yemen lejarahe hain (:-)

I will make my special shahi biryani if this deal goes through @Khafee But not sure if @Khafee saheb likes biryani.

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
See this is where things get complex. Per se, there is not, BUT cultural norms dictate that there is. Get it?
o_O (:-& and all the time you were talking about culture ?
That's an understood thing. How can Arabic not have a sense of respect?

BTW I think "Aap" is not a quality of Urdu or Urdu like languages.
One with lower wealth/status would constantly calling other with higher level/wealth/status "Aap" but would be constantly replied with "Tum", even if he doesn't like that. (It's about language not culture)

I am developing a website to learn German, after that I will insha Allah make one to learn Arabic, then one to learn Pashto.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
o_O (:-& and all the time you were talking about culture ?
That's an understood thing. How can Arabic not have a sense of respect?

I am developing a website to learn German, after that I will insha Allah make one to learn Arabic, then one to learn Pashto.
Not exactly culture, that is what I'm trying to tell you. It is the norm, from Morocco to Oman. You dont address people via literal translations.

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
Not exactly culture, that is what I'm trying to tell you. It is the norm, from Morocco to Oman. You dont address people via literal translations.
I need some almonds :confused:. Send me some dates along with almond packing.

I have added something to previous post.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I need some almonds :confused:. Send me some dates along with almond packing.