China begins delivery of VT4 Main Battle Tanks to Pakistan | Page 9 | World Defense

China begins delivery of VT4 Main Battle Tanks to Pakistan

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Not sure if this was posted before:

China dispatches two customised VT4 MBTs to undisclosed foreign customer
28 April 2020
1588639000800.png

One of the two customised VT4s photographed leaving China’s Inner Mongolia First Machinery Group on 20 April. The group did not reveal the identity of the customer. Source: Inner Mongolia First Machinery Group

China's Inner Mongolia First Machinery Group released images on 20 April via its WeChat account showing what appear to be two customised China North Industries Corporation (Norinco) VT4 main battle tanks (MBTs) being transported on trucks to an undisclosed foreign customer.

The images, which show the MBTs featuring a new explosive reactive armour (ERA) fitted to the glacis and turret, indicate that these VT4s are slightly different from the ones exported to Thailand and Nigeria.

The factory did not provide further details about the platforms (which were painted in green-brown camouflage), the value of the contract, or the number of tanks set to be supplied, saying only that it had held a "launch ceremony" for the two VT4s, which were being delivered to an undisclosed country.

According to Jane's Land Warfare Platforms: Armoured Fighting Vehicles, the export-only VT4 (formerly known as the MBT-3000) follows a conventional Soviet-layout MBT with a 125 mm smoothbore gun and carousel automatic loading system.

For close support and anti-personnel fire, the VT4 carries a 7.62 mm coaxial machine gun and what is most likely the Type 88 12.7 mm machine gun, which is cupola-mounted for the commander's use.

The turret also carries eight 76 mm smoke dischargers and four dischargers of 76 mm high-explosive fragmentation grenades. In 2014, an enhanced version of the platforms was shown featuring a remote weapon station, believed to be the UW1, which can mount a 7.62 mm or a12.7 mm machine gun.

The protection afforded to the VT4 has yet to be disclosed, and it is unclear whether the base armour design is a close copy of the T-72B or the T-90A MBTs, as Samuel Cranny-Evans, senior research analyst and editor of Jane's Land Warfare Platforms: Armoured Fighting Vehicles, pointed out.

ali razza

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,140 59 0
Country
Oman

CHI RULES

Reactions
281 7 0
Country
Pakistan

Zhengzhou

Reactions
338 5 0
Country
China
claims that have been made, say Pakistan's VT-4 variant will be far more advanced as compared to ones exported to Nigeria and Thailand
Pakistan's VT-4s will have 1500hp engine and FY4 ERA, while as compared to Thailand and Nigeria's 1300hp FY2 ERA, also mentioned is Pakistan is reportedly in talks to add the GL5 APS as well
if so, if this is the true case of what is being reported, Pakistan's VT-4s will be on equivalency of that to India's future T-90MS

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
claims that have been made, say Pakistan's VT-4 variant will be far more advanced as compared to ones exported to Nigeria and Thailand
Pakistan's VT-4s will have 1500hp engine and FY4 ERA, while as compared to Thailand and Nigeria's 1300hp FY2 ERA, also mentioned is Pakistan is reportedly in talks to add the GL5 APS as well
if so, if this is the true case of what is being reported, Pakistan's VT-4s will be on equivalency of that to India's future T-90MS
What I've come to accept is that when pakistan buys anything it tinkers with it. Doesnt matter how small or how big it is, they always mess around with it. Which makes everything unique to PA, PN or PAF.

So it wouldnt be a surprise if they are very different then the ones already in use with other countries.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
What I've come to accept is that when pakistan buys anything it tinkers with it. Doesnt matter how small or how big it is, they always mess around with it. Which makes everything unique to PA, PN or PAF.

So it wouldnt be a surprise if they are very different then the ones already in use with other countries.
True, may be few other additional features will be public later on

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Those Brazillian prop planes are really effective against insurgents. Paf should look into those for the western border or even the aviation wing of PA.
Now Western front is cooling down for good best were SU25 frogfoot 18-25 were more than enough to deal with issue and very cheap easy to maintain got same Mig21 engine

CHI RULES

Reactions
281 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir GL5 is reportedly already part of VT-4 package meanwhile new add ups visible are perhaps 1500HP engines and improved ERA.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Now Western front is cooling down for good best were SU25 frogfoot 18-25 were more than enough to deal with issue and very cheap easy to maintain got same Mig21 engine
Hot or cool, your guns should be aimed, safety off. No reason not to have COIN a/c.

My 6th sense tells me that PAF / PA will get them eventually.

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan

I once took a recently retired AVM who happened to be my friend’s family member for
Dinner.
I started digging a bit and once he was comfortable I asked him about being a base commander of F16 unit and how Americans protect their weapons. He laughed and told me that they managed to bypass seals and get some secrets out..... but once Americans caught in they put electronic seals on their equipment. He never mentioned what equipment and what secrets. So yes Pakistanis have a habit of snooping ...