Comms check! | Page 3 | World Defense

Comms check!

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Looking to buy a SUV any recommendation folks. In b/t the X3/RX, XC60 and Grand Cherokee.

Depends on saftey rating, parts and maintenance acailablity, and resale value.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
Price & insurance?

Grand Cherokee is a bit expensive but worth it. You are talking about 4x4 with 50:50 ratio displacement, ideal for snowy weather. The price difference is upto $6k so basically you are looking at $60k up to $70k model of the year for the full optioned packages. Insurance rate slightly differ from company to another, small unnoticeable difference. based on the background info provided its about $200/mo. Still expensive though. My current insurance rate is $137/mo home insurance included. The least among all is the X3>RX>XC60>Jeep. In terms of parts I have not figured out yet but I assume, BMW>Volvo>Lexus>Jeep.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Grand Cherokee is a bit expensive but worth it. You are talking about 4x4 with 50:50 ratio displacement, ideal for snowy weather. The price difference is upto $6k so basically you are looking at $60k up to $70k model of the year for the full optioned packages. Insurance rate slightly differ from company to another, small unnoticeable difference. based on the background info provided its about $200/mo. Still expensive though. My current insurance rate is $137/mo home insurance included. The least among all is the X3>RX>XC60>Jeep. In terms of parts I have not figured out yet but I assume, BMW>Volvo>Lexus>Jeep.

Don't assume. Parts and Maintenance can be quite a headache, do your homework, and then decide.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
So what I need to do is use some kind of formula and mathematically come up with conclusion. I need to plug in all the figures, car price, part price and maintenance, insurance, technical and electrical differences.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
So what I need to do is use some kind of formula and mathematically come up with conclusion. I need to plug in all the figures, car price, part price and maintenance, insurance, technical and electrical differences.

Exactly!