Coronavirus News & Updates | Page 7 | World Defense

Coronavirus News & Updates

Berke2

Reactions
280 0 0
Country
Pakistan
LMAO. I do not think the US told the Chinese people to eat everything that is moving.

Seen a guy say that it was a CIA plot against Iran and China. I guess the CIA hates italy for some reason too...

Some people have a brain but they're swamped in wacky conspiracy theories.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
LMAO. I do not think the US told the Chinese people to eat everything that is moving.
I agree, no one told them to eat Monkey poop, I think we did tell them to at least boil it first. I think we told the Iranians the same thing

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I agree, no one told them to eat Monkey poop, I think we did tell them to at least boil it first. I think we told the Iranians the same thing

To be fair to Iranians they don't eat wild animals. That's totally on the Chinese and they need to permanently ban such practices.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Is China really trying to claim they only had 8 new cases over the past 24 hours? Talk about propaganda. There's no way it would exponentially decrease like that so quickly.

Here in the US we know we have more than the confirmed cases but we aren't trying to hide that. It's increasing everywhere in the world and many nations try to write off corona related deaths as other non-corona illness related deaths.

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
My cousin, a doctor serving in a medical institute in Lahore city, told me yesterday 3 cases in Lahore. Govt of Pakistan is also obviously hiding cases.

Have seen one more funny thing on Pakistani TV ads. "If you have visited China in last 14 days and have bla bla symptoms then do this and that"

In reality, all cases in Pakistan are coming from Iran, but they don't want to talk about Iran.

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan

Thousands are still entering from Iranian border into Pakistan, but Govt of Pakistan is hiding it.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Is China really trying to claim they only had 8 new cases over the past 24 hours? Talk about propaganda. There's no way it would exponentially decrease like that so quickly.

Here in the US we know we have more than the confirmed cases but we aren't trying to hide that. It's increasing everywhere in the world and many nations try to write off corona related deaths as other non-corona illness related deaths.

China did implement strong measures to tackle the spread of the virus. Imposing self-isolation and policing it yielded positively.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I wonder if my exams will be cancelled as a result of this?

Many universities and schools are closing but classes are moved online. This means exams will take place as scheduled.

Good luck.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
NUST team develops testing kits for detecting Covid-19

ISLAMABAD:

The scientists at National University of Science and Technology (NUST) Attaur Rahman School of Applied Biosciences (ASAB) have successfully established Molecular Diagnostic Assays for the detection of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), in collaboration with Wuhan Institute of Virology China, DZIF Germany, Columbia University USA and Armed Forces Institute of Pathology (AFIP) Rawalpindi.

These testing kits will cost one-fourth the current price for the kits used for detecting the COVID-19.
According to NUSTS, these assays have been developed at a time when the world is in the grip of an unprecedented pandemic novel coronavirus – and scientists and researchers are sparing no effort to ascertain remedies to this incurable disease.

India confirms first death from coronavirus
According to the NUST, the assays include both conventional and real time PCR-based methods of Sybr Green and Taqman.
The testing kits have been efficiently tested on laboratory controls and patient sample.
These indigenously established assays are robust, sensitive to the target, and would soon be available at one fourth the price of imported ones.
The team comprises Associate Professor Dr Aneela Javed and Assistant Professor Dr Ali Zohaib from NUST ASAB, who have been working on establishment of these assays for diagnosis of the pandemic the country is bracing itself for.
Published in The Express Tribune, March 15th, 2020.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So far 13 people have tested positive of <a href="News about #COVIDー19 on Twitter">#COVIDー19</a> from amongst the people who arrived in Sukkur from Taaftaan. These people were purportedly kept in quarantine at the border</p>&mdash; SenatorMurtaza Wahab (@murtazawahab1) <a href="">March 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So far 13 people have tested positive of <a href="News about #COVIDー19 on Twitter">#COVIDー19</a> from amongst the people who arrived in Sukkur from Taaftaan. These people were purportedly kept in quarantine at the border</p>&mdash; SenatorMurtaza Wahab (@murtazawahab1) <a href="">March 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Isnt Taaftaan a type of bread??