Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India. | Page 16 | World Defense

Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes they went to the supermarket and just bought cutting edge tech just like that. Makes sense!

After all dont know in which world technical specs, ammo pkg, pilots and ground crew training, legal issues etc would take time!
Ya I know this process starts years before hand but usually all of our developments have been halted due to corruption and the sinking economy.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Are all these in good flyaway condition ? Can flyable from Egypt to Pakistan
I seriously never had any insider info.

As for the condition, some units yes.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Thales RC400 radar with Matra Mica missiles.
Ironically that is the radar PAF wanted for JF17.

Last edited:

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Will French allow eygpt to sell RS400 and Mica??
They are not going to take the Radars out lol.
But MICA can be used by Egyptian M2K fleet so dunno about that. If PAF really needs MICA, can get it via Qatar or UAE.

Araz

Reactions
208 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Deals were likely started or done right after Feb 26, 2019. Covid-19 just came afterwords.
Fully agreed. These deals take years to make and can break at any time along the way. It can easily take 3-4 years to reach final atages and sometimes more.If I remember correctly I have read that the talk for Horus mirages started in 2015.
A
A

Waiting

Reactions
89 3 0
Country
Pakistan
Or there may b some urgency, as you heard india purchased lot of stuff urgently from the shelf, so pakistan as well... may be there are drums of war around... may be we felt heat now.....as earlier, our high ups were confident under nuclear umbrella, but after 26 Feb they realised something else.. may be...

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
IAF gets 3 squadron worth of FULCRUM and FLANKER while Pak get's Mirage IIIs as quick purchases. Not a very even hand but at the very least they will be up and ready faster than the Indian buy.

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
IAF gets 3 squadron worth of FULCRUM and FLANKER while Pak get's Mirage IIIs as quick purchases. Not a very even hand but at the very least they will be up and ready faster than the Indian buy.
How many of them are coming sir?
Are they better than the one's we have?

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
How many of them are coming sir?
Are they better than the one's we have?

I have no idea my friend. I'm unwell and doctor has suggested least stress so limiting myself to this forum for now. There was more info elsewhere about how many were originally supposed to come.

Old boy

Reactions
179 2 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes i know under Inf
They are not going to take the Radars out lol.
But MICA can be used by Egyptian M2K fleet so dunno about that. If PAF really needs MICA, can get it via Qatar or UAE.
yes i know France refused to give this radar to pakistan under Indian pressure and hope for big ticket orders from india but now Jf17 is flying with chinese radars would these french radars can be used and usefull even now to boost efficiency of our block 1or 2s.thanks

Waiting

Reactions
89 3 0
Country
Pakistan
I have no idea my friend. I'm unwell and doctor has suggested least stress so limiting myself to this forum for now. There was more info elsewhere about how many were originally supposed to come.
Allah Pak apko seht atta kray... good luck