Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India. | Page 18 | World Defense

Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Its all about number game, its reality that all air strike on enemies areas will not be successful with possiblity of heavy losses, so many plans can be lost in it, here mirage came in to act, like one way mission

Last edited:

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Sheer numbers my friend. Do you know how many mirages we have? Even with the mirages our numbers are not good enough keeping in mind our enemy next door. Would India phase out all their Mig 21's just because they are getting 36 Rafale's. Remember we are not getting 200+ new jets.

Mirages will have there utility, secondly they are a very good test bed for testing new missiles and bombs. They are very good work horse.
So what your hinting at is. That we get these for relatively cheap to boost our numbers and then slowly replace them with the modren J-10s because I assume J-10s would be coming in small batches which would take time. Correct me if I'm wrong.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Its all about number game, its reality that all air strike on enemies areas will not be successful with possiblity of heavy losses, so many plans can be lost in it, here mirage came in to act, like one way mission
Just imagine the look on indian fans when they see us creating And inducting multiple squadrons every year

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
So what your hinting at is. That we get these for relatively cheap to boost our numbers and then slowly replace them with the modren J-10s because I assume J-10s would be coming in small batches which would take time. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Mirages are going to be replaced by JF-17. Remember mirages are not going anywhere for at least a decade. We used the same mirages successfully on 27Feb

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
You can’t replace mirage airframe with J 10 airframe .... we are way behind Indians in numbers and to me every airframe counts ....

Horus can do precision strike better than most of our mirages ..... just imagine Indians think they are engaging regular mirage and here comes MICA pointing at them.
Would not J-10 be better in that role since its 10× more advanced then the mirage. Also the J-10 has a new airframe/aerodynamics just like the rafales and eurofighters.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Mirages are going to be replaced by JF-17. Remember mirages are not going anywhere for at least a decade. We used the same mirages successfully on 27Feb
Someone had said that it would cost more to fly and old airframe then to buy a new jet. Isnt that true?

Also JF still cant carry Ra'ad so I'm not sure how it would be able to take that role from them completely.

Can the J-10s carry Ra'ad?

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
@Pakhtoon yum

J-10 Talks aren’t new but quite old, Since the A version era.

However, After CPEC got finalized, The threat spectrum increased, New fronts opened, New requirements and Capacity, We were already short of fighters even then to face the numbers of IAF.

Now, The requirements of Pak Military UNTIL NOW WERE in terms of Air Warfare are
  • Area denial
  • Ground attack
  • Naval offensive
But,

PAF was missing out on two key Missions,
  • Air superiority
  • Deep strike

Air superiority role was meant to be fulfilled by F-16s which have been quite successful in that regards but not anymore in near future.

Our enemy is slowly but progressively building up, Upgrading current assets or planning to...

Deep strike role requires an aircraft with good range but the aircraft alone will be a sitting duck so it needs companions to perform EW/ECCM, Blind enemy radars and provide a cover as well as launch decoys.

This is where I think J-15D and J-10B/C combination fits in, J-15 being the growler as well as air superiority fighter in a team while J-10s are the Anti Ground Fighters in this scenario.

Definitely You will need waves while performing such an attack, A first wave of JF-17s coupled with some Anti ground deep strike J-10s, JF-17s to distract them, J-15 following closely to blind them as well as provide air support while J-10s remaining low, Go for the Hunt.

As for Your Mirage question, Bhai mein bhi jawabless hon is mamlay mein (:-) .

Shayad Bholari ke liye hon, Deep strike in Indian part of sindh or maybe Naval strike.

F-16s, Just for Area denial and Defence of the local skies.
That is why I said F-16s only used in defense when the Indians cross the line into Pakistan. I was reluctant to say that the F-16s would go outside of pakistani airspace. We all know how much india is going to cry to its daddy just like they did in February.

So it would make sense if the J-10s fulfill the role of F-16s in foreign airspace. Which would mean that no one is going to replace the mirages because Jefs are there for support and they cant do what the mirages can do.

So I guess @Zeeman and @TsAr are right when they say that mirages arent going anywhere. Its because we dont have a proper replacement that would fit in that class.

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
So why get these when we are supposedly getting J-10s for the same role? Shouldn't we be getting rid of mirages not getting more?
i think mirage is an excellent for low level flight/terrain hugging/ radar evading aircraft, thats why we are keeping it. we are using it for decades now, mastered it. J10 will take time for pilots to get used to it, developing tactics , building its numbers , integration of different weapons .
beside we pakistaniz are also good at love affairs (:-)

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
i think mirage is an excellent for low level flight/terrain hugging/ radar evading aircraft, thats why we are keeping it. we are using it for decades now, mastered it. J10 will take time for pilots to get used to it, developing tactics , building its numbers , integration of different weapons .
beside we pakistaniz are also good at love affairs (:-)
There is no replacement on the market for mirages, are there?

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
There is no replacement on the market for mirages, are there?
JH 7 perhaps , i am not sure not an expert bro.
and one thing J10 is a multirole aircraft comparable to the league of F16 i think. it has beaten J16 in last Golden Helmet exercises.
in any future conflict first thing we need is air superiority.
else seniors can guide better.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Do we use MICA ? Does HORUS have MICA ?
We don't. But EAF HORUS Mirages are MICA equippped. It will be a different case if we get them from Egypt or not since their M2K also use the same.

Mechanic

Reactions
308 2 0
Country
Pakistan
Just imagine the look on indian fans when they see us creating And inducting multiple squadrons every year
Cant wait to see Indian youtubers making videos on J-15 ,Explaining to their Bakht audience how J-15 is a crap jet and then will spend next 10 min explaining how their single Rafael will destroy our whole squadron of J-15s

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Cant wait to see Indian youtubers making videos on J-15 ,Explaining to their Bakht audience how J-15 is a crap jet and then will spend next 10 min explaining how their single Rafael will destroy our whole squadron of J-15s
I am excited like a bulldog, drooling all over -8D-