Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India. | Page 19 | World Defense

Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India.

Old boy

Reactions
179 2 0
Country
Pakistan
I read an interview of our CAF given to a famous journalist A.W in 2019 that pakistan is going to procure 36 old mirages from Egypt. Now here i am reading 30.what are the exact nos no one knows.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Mirages are going to be replaced by JF-17. Remember mirages are not going anywhere for at least a decade. We used the same mirages successfully on 27Feb
So what are the added capabilities on Egyptian Mirages ?
Anything better and significant?

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
I read an interview of our CAF given to a famous journalist A.W in 2019 that pakistan is going to procure 36 old mirages from Egypt. Now here i am reading 30.what are the exact nos no one knows.
Baqi 6 mein se kisi ka hath nai hai aur kisi ki naak, means spare parts :)D

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
What some people here know, is not always for public knowledge. Parday main rahny do, parda mat othao.:)

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
Thomson-CSF unveils RC400 airborne radar
16 June
Thomson-CSF Detexis is demonstrating its RC400 airborne radar to potential export customers during the show at a military airbase near Paris. The French company is holding talks to undertake a test programme in a Mikoyan MiG-29.
The RC400 is aimed at the retrofit market in the hope of boosting business at a time when sales to the traditionally strong domestic military market are flat, says Thomson-CSF Detexis radar division commercial director Loic de la Bourdonnaye.
Thomson-CSF Detexis says that, in its most powerful form, the RC400 has only 20% less range than the RDY radar developed for the Mirage 2000-5 and -9, while weighing half as much, at around 115kg (250lb).
This configuration provides tracking of up to 24 targets, eight of which can be targeted simultaneously, with automatic prioritisation of four. The RC400's modularity enables it to be offered in less powerful versions, says de la Bourdonnaye.

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
I remember some member here correcting my post...adding that PAF Mirages are also datalinked(using Link 17).

Was it you @AliYusuf?

@Khafee can Pak add Link 17 to these Horus Mirages?

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Thomson-CSF unveils RC400 airborne radar
16 June
Thomson-CSF Detexis is demonstrating its RC400 airborne radar to potential export customers during the show at a military airbase near Paris. The French company is holding talks to undertake a test programme in a Mikoyan MiG-29.
The RC400 is aimed at the retrofit market in the hope of boosting business at a time when sales to the traditionally strong domestic military market are flat, says Thomson-CSF Detexis radar division commercial director Loic de la Bourdonnaye.
Thomson-CSF Detexis says that, in its most powerful form, the RC400 has only 20% less range than the RDY radar developed for the Mirage 2000-5 and -9, while weighing half as much, at around 115kg (250lb).
This configuration provides tracking of up to 24 targets, eight of which can be targeted simultaneously, with automatic prioritisation of four. The RC400's modularity enables it to be offered in less powerful versions, says de la Bourdonnaye.
Funny thing is this radar was purely marketed it for "other" platforms like older gen and eastern block. But would not sell it to Pakistan because of Indian lobbying. In the end lost potentially 200 in sales. I think only egyptain M5s have them.

Last edited:

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
What some people here know, is not always for public knowledge. Parday main rahny do, parda mat othao.:)
Do you remember the vid in which altaf hussain sung this ?

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
MICA Air-to-Air Missile System
PROJECT TYPE
Air-to-air missile
MANUFACTURER
MBDA
LENGTH
3.1m
DIAMETER
0.16m
Expand
The French Air Force took delivery of the 1,000th MICA missile in October 2010. Image courtesy of David Monniaux.

The French Air Force took delivery of the 1,000th MICA missile in October 2010. Image courtesy of David Monniaux.

Missile d’Interception, de Combat et d’Autodéfense (MICA) is a solid propellant-fuelled, multi-mission, air-to-air missile that can be integrated onto medium-to-lightweight, modern multi-role combat aircraft such as Rafale and the improved versions of Mirage 2000-5 single-engine fighter aircraft.
It is designed and developed by European missile systems producer, Matra BAE Dynamics Alenia (MBDA), to detect, track and destroy multiple targets beyond the visual range. It is also suitable for short-range combat operations.
The missile is operational with the French Air Force and Navy and has been exported to a number of foreign countries including Taiwan, Qatar, the Arab-Emirates and Greece.
MICA is available in two versions, MICA IR (infrared) and MICA RF (radio frequency).

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
MICA Air-to-Air Missile System
PROJECT TYPE
Air-to-air missile
MANUFACTURER
MBDA
LENGTH
3.1m
DIAMETER
0.16m
Expand

Missile d’Interception, de Combat et d’Autodéfense (MICA) is a solid propellant-fuelled, multi-mission, air-to-air missile that can be integrated onto medium-to-lightweight, modern multi-role combat aircraft such as Rafale and the improved versions of Mirage 2000-5 single-engine fighter aircraft.
It is designed and developed by European missile systems producer, Matra BAE Dynamics Alenia (MBDA), to detect, track and destroy multiple targets beyond the visual range. It is also suitable for short-range combat operations.
The missile is operational with the French Air Force and Navy and has been exported to a number of foreign countries including Taiwan, Qatar, the Arab-Emirates and Greece.
MICA is available in two versions, MICA IR (infrared) and MICA RF (radio frequency).
Which Airforce has modified its F16's to fire MICA?