Saudi Arabia
Nice gear man. Were they taken in Mali?

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France
Finally, pictures of them holding some ARs. I've got to admit, I would like the French Armed Forces a LOT more if their main assault rifle wasn't a complete bullpup abomination.

Well,actually the Famas is about to be replaced,the new assault rifle of the French army will be announced in june (probably during Eurosatory...) and according to H&K's head,still in race are H&K (With the HK-416A5),Swiss Arms (With the Sig,the version is unknown,might be the 516) and FN Herstal (With the Scar H.)
-
The bullpup is definitely dead.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Well,actually the Famas is about to be replaced,the new assault rifle of the French army will be announced in june (probably during Eurosatory...) and according to H&K's head,still in race are H&K (With the HK-416A5),Swiss Arms (With the Sig,the version is unknown,might be the 516) and FN Herstal (With the Scar H.)
-
The bullpup is definitely dead.

I was just going to ask that, HK makes really nice weapons. Especially the 416. Which is based off M4 rifle configuration or...?

ipm_zipedia

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
USA
I was just going to ask that, HK makes really nice weapons. Especially the 416. Which is based off M4 rifle configuration or...?
It's based off the AR-15 platform but there's a lot of differences. The HK's biggest difference is that it can be used for waterborne operations, and if I recall correctly it was initially marketed as a much more reliable version of the AR performing in all sorts of environments.