How about all sending all US soldiers home? | Page 3 | World Defense

How about all sending all US soldiers home?

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
Also a good question here is, what is America exactly fighting for? It confuses me the need to send troops not knowing what exactly would they want to accomplish here?
Well, we are in many parts of the world because we were there at one point because of a war. We still have a presence in Korea(technically still at war), Japan, and Germany, for example. We are in Iraq again as advisers in the fight against ISIS. We are in Afghanistan in the fight against terror. I know we are in a few other places that I'm sure someone else can update me on.

Mackmax

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I do agree that America does tend to fight other countries' battles, and that does need to stop. I think we should worry about issues that are right here on our own soil before we worry about countries hat aren't even allies to us. I would love to see all troops come home, and see America use the money to better our education, create more jobs, etc.

weepforsweep

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
I would send all troops home except dealing with the middle east. The troops could come home and help build our crumbling infrastructure. They will also be by their love ones as well.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
US has been fighting other countries battles, but I think it is in US best interests to combat the terrorist groups operating out of the middle east. The reason being is that the main target for a number of these groups is the US and if we let them develop it could be quite a high risk. Look at the state of Afghanistan before we went in.

krazyman

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
There is a connection between government and private industry. Lobbyists have a great deal of power in the United States and influence members of Congress and the White House to see things the way they want them to.

War is a money making machine for lobbying groups in Washington D.C. and sometimes people are put in to tough situations.

In some other instances we have military installations in parts of the world as a deterrent for other nations to attack it's neighbors (we still have troops stationed in the DMZ between N. and S. Korea).

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
There is a connection between government and private industry. Lobbyists have a great deal of power in the United States and influence members of Congress and the White House to see things the way they want them to.

War is a money making machine for lobbying groups in Washington D.C. and sometimes people are put in to tough situations.

In some other instances we have military installations in parts of the world as a deterrent for other nations to attack it's neighbors (we still have troops stationed in the DMZ between N. and S. Korea).

How did you go from your post on the other thread to this one? You are an educated person as evident by your evaluation here. However, you limit yourself in threads related to the Middle East.

krazyman

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
How did you go from your post on the other thread to this one? You are an educated person as evident by your evaluation here. However, you limit yourself in threads related to the Middle East.

Thanks for calling me educated! Sometimes my thinking gets a little scattered.

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Send all the US soldiers home. Withdraw from all the countries they are involved in now. Stop fighting other peeple's wars. Go home. Stay home. Look after their own home.

How about that?
It is not that simple, Are we just supposed to make an agreement of defense for a country like the Philippines, then turn our backs on them as china closes in, illegally steals their Gold and silver, attempts to bully them and take even land that is not theirs. Are we supposed to ignore the promises we made as china kills innocent fishermen Just becasue they were "poaching" around a set of islands that does not even legally belong to china? How fair would it be and what would the world say about America if we made promises and then just ignored them. A lot of what is done and where soldiers are today is a result f a country asking for help, but more so needing it from a country that is bigger, stronger, and bullying them to take something that does not belong to them.

I used to feel the same way, then I moved to the Philippines and saw first hand why countries need Americas help. You live here and watch what the chinese do to this country that is so underpowered against a force like china and you tell me as a super power in the world is not an obligation to help smaller countries defend themselves against bullying form another superpower? Do they not deserve the right to live their lives without threats of ignorant countries conducting war like activities that would get them in a full blown out war and possibly destroyed if they did it against another super power. I see what countries like china are capable of, it is sad it takes war to stop bullies but sometimes the last course of action should have been the first course.

jade870

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I also agree with what is being said here, I wish they would bring our loved ones home. But sadly I don't think its going to happen anytime soon. I think its only a matter of time before our government puts us the USA in real trouble, with some other lands. Our government is about to awake a sleeping giant like China and when they do I think the president and his politicians should go fight there own war's and leave our boys home. This is just me but I feel if they make the mess they should be the ones to clean it up.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
If we want to commit ourselves to helping other countries, I think we can make a better impact by sending books instead of bombs, sending teachers instead of soldiers, sending tablets instead of bullets. Most of the problems in the world arise from a lack of education or a lack of broad education. In the Middle-East, for example, the Daesh and other groups like it are making way and gaining recruits from people who are ignorant. Muslims who are well-informed, who know how to think for themselves, who know what is the total picture of Islam, would never join Daesh or other groups like it.

So how about that? Let's bring our soldiers home and send teachers in their place. Maybe, if necessary, send back the same men, since they have experience in those regions, but send them in the capacity of teachers instead, arm them with books instead, equip them with tablets instead. How about that?

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
@Aree Wongwanlee

Would you rather have defense cuts towards overseas deployments or weapons/research programs? Do we save much if we cut overseas deployments?

I do agree with your approach. If we adopt fair political approach and especially towards Palestinians it will make the region a much better place. After that Arab coalition can handle groups like ISIS. Not just Arabs but Iranians and Kurds. However, to gain this trust we need to support Palestinian statehood efforts and find political solution to Syria. Because these two conflicts are causing much desperation which will radicalize people.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
Would you rather have defense cuts towards overseas deployments or weapons/research programs? Do we save much if we cut overseas deployments?

I have no figures on how much can be saved by cutting overseas deployments. What I do know is we will save a lot of grieving at home. As for weapons research programmes, I don't think there is any need to make any cuts. Perhaps the US should spend more on drone technology. So, in the event that an overseas deployment is unavoidable, the US can send drones instead of soldiers.

joshua minaya

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Send all the US soldiers home. Withdraw from all the countries they are involved in now. Stop fighting other peeple's wars. Go home. Stay home. Look after their own home.

How about that?

For the US to be considered as the world supper power they have to do what they are doing now or else they may start becoming globally irrelevant.

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
If we want to commit ourselves to helping other countries, I think we can make a better impact by sending books instead of bombs, sending teachers instead of soldiers, sending tablets instead of bullets. Most of the problems in the world arise from a lack of education or a lack of broad education. In the Middle-East, for example, the Daesh and other groups like it are making way and gaining recruits from people who are ignorant. Muslims who are well-informed, who know how to think for themselves, who know what is the total picture of Islam, would never join Daesh or other groups like it.

So how about that? Let's bring our soldiers home and send teachers in their place. Maybe, if necessary, send back the same men, since they have experience in those regions, but send them in the capacity of teachers instead, arm them with books instead, equip them with tablets instead. How about that?
Yea lets send some teachers to some of these places. In the Philippines over 50 Journelists were killed just for having to do a story on a candidates enemy. SO instead of lettin the story get out and maybne ruin his chance of a win, he killed all the new people. You think sending a teacher into a war zone is going to stop the war. the reason these people need help is because theya re being overpoweres by guns and weapons, not because their bully is smarter than them, because they have more power and destructive weapons. they dont need a booklet on how to use an RPG they ned a savior to bomb the crap out of thier enemies to avoid all future attacks.

Imagine yourself in school, youa re being bullied by a bigger person who takes you lunch money every day. now lets try your approach, should we talk to him and teach him how wrong he is by bullying, and show him what happens when you bully people. Will making him more knowledgeable about his actions make him stop. NO more than likely it will teach him more ways and more effective ways to bully people. ...Now if you get your older brother who takes a baseball bat and crack him in the face a few times and break his leg do you think he will keep bullying you or move on to the next poor soul? Yes unfortunately sometimes Violence is the only answer that has irrefutable results in your favor.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
I would send all troops home except dealing with the middle east. The troops could come home and help build our crumbling infrastructure. They will also be by their love ones as well.
How about all those damn bridges that aren't up to code? That's just scary to me. We do need some work done around here. Tidy this country up a bit. Sweep out the cobwebs and get down to business so that our children has something to be proud of to call a home. You might be on to one hell of an idea.