JF-17 related news. | Page 17 | World Defense

JF-17 related news.

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
I'm pretty certain Project Azm will be 100% Pak owned project. If it is over ambitious, it will fail and Pak will buy J-35s instead. That's the concern.

The most logical outcome is a JF-17 like program - by this I mean incremental and evolutionary change. Block 3 already has sensor fusion, DRFM, high end EW and a GaN based AESA radar (or so I think).

Now, all that is needed is a new stealthy airframe and a more powerful engine (like a WS-10 or WS-15 derivative). If Pak keeps it this simple, it will be an easy success. If Pak overcomplicates things and goes for a mini-f22 locally built, it will end in endless delays and a likely failure.

Blackbirdz!

Reactions
218 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Oh Plz,
Not again !!!

How many times shall I have to make you all understand the simple point that the pic was of landing and not take off.

The chute wasn’t released yet but the brakes were deployed.
1593532115307.png

WS13E with 100kn making JF17A Block 3 take off without afterburners.

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
FYI guys, the classified thrust on the new RD-93s may be equal or greater than this number. Pak does some "tuning" to the RD-93s ;)

Blackbirdz!

Reactions
218 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Have no knowledg about blk 4/5. Even if there will be blk 4/5?
But RD93 for blk 3 is confirmed.
there will be Blk4,5 and maybe even 6............reason, Project Azm's inhouse technology maturing, Blk4 will carry energy weapons(expected) Blk5 may have a buddy UCAV wingman as well as Blk4 will be autonomous as well as manned platform too. as well as some kind of lasers(expected)

They will also feature stealth features(cutting 90 degree edges etc)...........all this tech. being developed for Azm.

Oh BTW there is an inhouse AESA also being developed, its said to be a very powerful radar it may also see service with future blks of jf17 first for maturing @Armchair

Last edited:

Araz

Reactions
208 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
that's why i wish to exploit the situation and get TOT for the engine
When you dont have the metallurgical support you cannot get anywhere. You will need to venture into specialized steel plants first, start with bike and car engines and turbines and then slowly progress onto jet engines. That is at least a 2 decade plan.

Mechanic

Reactions
308 2 0
Country
Pakistan
I'm pretty certain Project Azm will be 100% Pak owned project. If it is over ambitious, it will fail and Pak will buy J-35s instead. That's the concern.

The most logical outcome is a JF-17 like program - by this I mean incremental and evolutionary change. Block 3 already has sensor fusion, DRFM, high end EW and a GaN based AESA radar (or so I think).

Now, all that is needed is a new stealthy airframe and a more powerful engine (like a WS-10 or WS-15 derivative). If Pak keeps it this simple, it will be an easy success. If Pak overcomplicates things and goes for a mini-f22 locally built, it will end in endless delays and a likely failure.
Yup I hope everything turns out as planned but imo PAF is being very overconfident regarding Project Azm

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
there will be Blk4,5 and maybe even 6............reason, Project Azm's inhouse technology maturing, Blk4 will carry energy weapons(expected) Blk5 may have a buddy UCAV wingman as well as Blk4 will be autonomous as well as manned platform too. as well as some kind of lasers(expected)

They will also feature stealth features(cutting 90 degree edges etc)...........all this tech. being developed for Azm.

Oh BTW there is an inhouse AESA also being developed, its said to be a very powerful radar it may also see service with future blks of jf17 first for maturing @Armchair
And you know this how? Because no offense but it sounds like some 3rd rate urdu YouTube video on "PAFs future power"

99% of the people know that it was till block 3, nothing beyond that has ever been brought up or teased about.

Meejee

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
29 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Good day,

Please take a note of the trailing edge flaps config of Jf-17 during take off and landing

Regards,

Blackbirdz!

Reactions
218 7 0
Country
Pakistan
And you know this how? Because no offense but it sounds like some 3rd rate urdu YouTube video on "PAFs future power"

99% of the people know that it was till block 3, nothing beyond that has ever been brought up or teased about.
this was revealed by some senior members in PDF, besides follow fully Bilal Khan's posts, he sometimes tell abt the tech. targeted for azm and some of them being build already in aviation city.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
this was revealed by some senior members in PDF, besides follow fully Bilal Khan's posts, he sometimes tell abt the tech. targeted for azm and some of them being build already in aviation city.
What would make sense if the technologies meant for azm are tested on newer blocks of jefs. That seems reasonable and realistic, so if that's what you meant then yes it makes sense.

Would become killing 2 birds with 1 stone.
Jefs remain relevant and undated while azm technologies get field tested.

Araz

Reactions
208 1 0
Country
United Kingdom

ASAK.
Block 4 is being talked about because we have block building approach for JFT. So once 50 block 3s will be built then you should hear of block 4 and possibly block 5 as well. It makes sense at least to me because technology keeps advancing so why does one expect JFT to,stagnate after block 3. Secondly we are into 2nd decade of design and manufacturing of JFT and people feel we are going to stop manufacturing newer versions or blocks? The average life of a design is 50 to 60 years so where do we go from here.
The confusion has arisen from a statement from ACM Sohail Aman where he said that with block 3 JFT will attain technical and design maturity. Now whether this means that JFT cannot progress any further with its current design or whether the parameters with which JFT was designed would have been achieved. I feel that if that is the case then we have bet on a losing horse. Secondly what is stopping us reopening the design of JFT and incorporating changes although I understand the time and cost implications of this venture. I think there will be further blocks,incorporating technical milestones achieved during project Azm
Let us wait and watch this space.
A

Last edited: