JF-17 related news. | Page 23 | World Defense

JF-17 related news.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
100 PL15 apparentlu were acquired urgently post 27/02.
A
Yes I heard it from the insiders on PDF. However, was just trying to confirm it with another source. Bit like hadith science for me.

Someone else, also asked me this question, but I was not sure and was waiting for confirmation, now I have that.

What @Araz has stated is true, but since then, about 200 more have been delivered.

EDIT: The initial 100, came from PLAAF inventory.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
This is going to sound stupid but seeing all this hype that is being created regarding RD-93MA i think its the other way round , Pakistan has been using same Russian engine for 14 years and it was clear from 2018 that PAF will continue with RD-93 for Block 3 then why all of a sudden there is so much hype , from Fb pages to twitter to defence forums links are being shared "Russia UEC Klimov to make new engines for Pakistan JF-17". I am not getting why is there so much hype being created regarding RD-93MA like it was honour for them to work for Pakistan .Its going to sound stupid but i think Russia is doing this to put pressure on Russia , Its clear how much India is sliding towards US and we also saw how Russia played no role in defusing the situation between China and India , No speeding up S400 delivery despite India request , I believe its Russia's warning towards India "Dont get too close to America or we(Russia) will start providing Pakistan some equipment that may trouble you(India)" . We also know PAF wont let Russia delay Block 3 that much and i dont believe the news that engine production will start in late 2021 , I believe it will be ready for testing of prototype before this year end and production will start in 2021 1st quarter ,In my kind of stupid opinion i think its Russia warning to India otherwise i am not understanding why is Russia hyping this engine so much

What?

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes I heard it from the insiders on PDF. However, was just trying to confirm it with another source. Bit like hadith science for me.
Lol

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Pls keep in mind, Retd, or even serving officers will sometimes send people of on a wrong trajectory for obvious reasons.

Hi,

That is what I thought when the program was announced---.

It beat common sense---why---. A great hype got created---the news about project AZM started flying high like a kite on a windy day.

My assessment was that it was intentional---there had been too many leaks in the past---and Paf wanted to create a diversion---and it did work very very well.

Friend and foe alike got snagged---.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
so i was right afterall, RD93MA's thrust is only 91kn(9300kgf) vs WS13E's 99.86kn (10,183.32 kgf) thats almost 100kn.

No wonder Block 3 took off without afterburners.View attachment 14696

Hi,

Looking at the size of the crowd---it was a well anticipated and looked forward to ceremony---.

Anybody who was a who is who was there from china and pakistan...

@Khafee---I told you in the past---UAE should have atleast sent a couple of engineers full time to have joined the project----.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
JFT-B & Mirage 2K-D

FB_IMG_1594548770537.jpg

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
PAF's No.18 Squadron “Sharp Shooters” which currently operates FT-7P will be replaced by JF-17B Thunder "Bravo" (Dual-Seat Version).
FB_IMG_1594573590231.jpg