Massive explosion rocks Beirut ahead of Hariri Verdict. | Page 4 | World Defense

Massive explosion rocks Beirut ahead of Hariri Verdict.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
I Also had my suspicions on Ammonia,
The red smoke cloud suggested some sort of Hydrogen and Nitrogen involvement as well as a ferrous metal, Was waiting to see if someone else also figured out.

baqai

Reactions
1,008 39 0
Country
Pakistan
oh my god why the hell would they be storing that, it's like a disaster waiting to happen

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Major General Abbas Ibrahim, head of Lebanon's General Directorate of General Security, reportedly said in a televised interview that the container that was the source of the initial fire and explosion contained confiscated “high explosive materials" and that it would be "naive to describe such an explosion as due to fireworks."

Head of General Security says the blast was caused by a fire in a depot of highly explosive material, including Sodium nitrate, at Beirut's port. He said that material was confiscated from a ship months ago and stored there. #Lebanon

There are reports that the blast in Beirut was so strong that people on the island of Cyprus, some 240 kilometers (nearly 150 miles) northwest in the Mediterranean Sea, felt it.

Offers of support are beginning to flow in from around the world, with Israel and Iran, among others, already pledging assistance.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Lebanon is already going through an intense economic crisis, with food and medical supply shortages. Pakistan government should send whatever aid we can spare.
The best aid Arabs countries can have from Pakistan is that Taftan border is closed, money laundering is closed. This action will also be best aid for Pakistan it self.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
The best aid Arabs countries can have from Pakistan is that Taftan border is closed, money laundering is closed. This action will also be best aid for Pakistan it self.
You do know that isn’t possible unfortunately

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
It seems a Hezbollah depot was targeted
The red smoke below

Suggests the presence of ammonia gas and some sort of metal. Some compound of nitrate.

This said, the air must be much acidic right now and very unpleasant and highly toxic, I hope the surrounding people get evacuated and treated ASAP otherwise most will catch intense breathing issues.

May Allah help the poor innocent people affected unjustly by this horrible blast

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
69E89BFA-4372-4C6C-AF38-2CDC27AEC3A1.png

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
This is the only possibility now. How was it targeted is the question. If it was an airstrike the compound would have exploded immediately. The video suggests a planted bomb.
It could have been just an accident, improper storage of explosives, I think something like that happened at a Chinese port

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
bloody hellfire. ijrahell is behind it! can there be any doubt?

Iran with history of smuggling weapons around the region, constructing mafias and militias in countries, wherever it's followers live. Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Syria, Yemen, are some examples.... so what are your reasons for not doubting Iran?

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
This is the only possibility now. How was it targeted is the question. If it was an airstrike the compound would have exploded immediately. The video suggests a planted bomb.

What sort of explosive it could have been? i mean can you asses by looking at the explosion? as well consider fire was seen prior to explosion, which goes against the theory of missile hit. While it was a day time, missile hit would have been witnessed by many.
If it was case of targeting of Iranian sponsored explosives depot than it hints more being an inside job, but without proof it's an accident.