Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 140 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Do thay give it for free ? Do you know on what cost we got ?
Answer is thousands of human lifes , our nationals, someone parents , someone sibling, someone children, someone spouses, can these pennies pay for our loses
nobody was paying for your losses

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
J 15 is for totally diff role , diff theater.Mirage going to stay with us much longer .Only surprise why this deal is dragging so long.On political level we don't have any deep relations so any breakthrough will only come by our forces contact or GCC countries pushes it
Aren't the Mirages slated to be replaced by JF-17s? What do the Mirage Vs offer that JF-17 lacks?

Ground-strike - JF-17s can carry the same SOWs that Mirages can. Mirage has higher speed, but lower TWR. So both planes fully loaded should speed similarly.
Interceptor - Mirage is faster, but lack of BVRAAMs render the speed useless.

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
My Pakistani brothers, can you see how these Americans think? It's visible right here on this thread. You sacrificed everything for these people? You sold yourself so short my brothers. It's time to stop allowing the US to use you as cannon fodder and pay you in pennies, and then show the attitude they display.

This is why Pakistan should not go for any more US equipment. Let these animals fight it out in their own country with their own citizens, and we can offer the african americans some military aid. I'll buy the popcorn.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
I guess Israelis are more successful. They have been able to dictate what equipment they want from the 3B / year they get and also incorporate their own EW/Radar and weapon systems on US platforms. Egyptians on the other hand had a laissez faire attitude towards equipment coming their way.

Do you see any truth to this? I-e PAF being allowed to get these?

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
178 block 52 F16 ¢-∞ without BVR åæ“
View attachment 13662
åæ“
Only 20 are Blk 52. However the 20 are almost brand new and if what was mentioned not being used have very low hours on them.
Rest are older Blk 15, 32, 40.
Notice how they have mixed GE/PW engines across batches. Bulk of their force is Blk 40 powered by GE F110. Then the last 20 are PW powered Blk 52. That lends credence to the notion, they were handed over to them without them asking for it :)

1591991640495.png

Zulu

Reactions
2,010 60 0
Country
Pakistan
Logical answer?Nope.
1 )There is no reason for Egypt to sell these fighters esp Pakistan
2)All sales first going to approved by USA,and if Pakistan already in process of buying F 16 from US ,where they pushing PAF to buy new more why allow it to their own loss??
3)PAF got limit too both financially and manpower+support structure to absorb just certain number of fighters
4)Even if that happen what good it going to do without BVR ?and as mention by our friends its just s/w update,even that is not possible without US support+approval
5)Is currently PAF so desperate to get it hands on anything in any form ?????
Alhamdolillah we are in far better condition than mid to late 90's so in short i think its just an news without any substance

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
I guess Israelis are more successful. They have been able to dictate what equipment they want from the 3B / year they get and also incorporate their own EW/Radar and weapon systems on US platforms. Egyptians on the other hand had a laissez faire attitude towards equipment coming their way.

Only @Khafee. Can answer it that this news have some water in it or just fanboy wish

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Logical answer?Nope.
1 )There is no reason for Egypt to sell these fighters esp Pakistan
2)All sales first going to approved by USA,and if Pakistan already in process of buying F 16 from US ,where they pushing PAF to buy new more why allow it to their own loss??
3)PAF got limit too both financially and manpower+support structure to absorb just certain number of fighters
4)Even if that happen what good it going to do without BVR ?and as mention by our friends its just s/w update,even that is not possible without US support+approval
5)Is currently PAF so desperate to get it hands on anything in any form ?????
Alhamdolillah we are in far better condition than mid to late 90's so in short i think its just an news without any substance
Agree there is no reason for Egypt to loss there most latest 20 block 52 to Pakistan , as @Gripen9 mentioned they only have 20 in inventory.

Regarding American approval and updation of its Operating system for BRV, one point is clear if this deal have some base then its started with American approval only, otherwise this deal cant be even started. Note this updation will not free American can earn from it.

One logic we can see, that someone in mutual in all parties can push for it, that is can be interim solution till new one are not manufactured and handedover.
So pakistan have mix of Egyptians f16 , usa EDA and ofcourse new F16 directly from LM

Mamba

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi everyone,

This is my first-ever post on this blog, though I might add that I have been following this blog for years now without commenting. This thread however tempted me to finally jump into the pool. For the record, I'm an army brat and a Pakistani expat based in KL, Malaysia. Given my background, I've always been a defense enthusiast. Full disclosure, I do carry an unconventional approach that may often not go with crowd thinking and I also often find it hard to find the soft words to put my point through. Apologies in advance, it's just how things process up there. No offense to anyone.

So please, as a newbie, maybe go easy on me?

Coming to the point.

While everyone is afixed on Kekra, it seems people have completely missed the former CJS Zubair Hayat remarks of 200Bn proven reserves in Wazirstan alone. He made those remarks when he was still active duty. No one seems to know about it.

Alright brothers some update on the Vipers. For now this is what is being discussed:
36 new
20 EDA
10 existing PAF ones to be upgraded to Blk72.

As for the "lastest" F-Solaz are concerned, this is just a wishful thinking let alone the numbers being discussed here. Please do come hit me up when the deal actually takes off the ground and I'm not even talking about the AC getting delivered. If the PAF is still looking into such deal then sadly the F-16 obssesed babaz of the PAF have learnt nothing from 90's crap. I wont even go into how we'll be funding this project, but for a number this high and active orders with LM, this deal will probably take 5-years to complete if the deal were to happen today. If anyone believes that Pak will be able to keep the Americans stuck in Afghanistan (which is the only edge it has as of now) for this long is completely living in a fools paradise. The Americans never remain cozy forever, and certainly not when they do not have any interest. In fact, I expect them to put Paksitan under immense sanctions once they have completely vacated Afghanistan. If for some reason the deal does get through but somehwere down the road sanctions are placed witihin this span it would be 90's all over again.

As the saying goes: Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

It would be an utter embarrasment for the PAF to be fooled twice. This old-school baba g approach of the love for F-16s has to go for good. The best they must do, however, is to collect as many spares for their existing fleet of F-16s and look elsewhere. Though costly, this approach will give them a safety net they did not have in the 90's.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
What is EDA ????
Excess Defence Article.

These figures are not confirmed. Still being negotiated. The numbers have changed, but I dont want to reveal them. I have been asked not to.

Zarvan

Reactions
682 12 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi everyone,

This is my first-ever post on this blog, though I might add that I have been following this blog for years now without commenting. This thread however tempted me to finally jump into the pool. For the record, I'm an army brat and a Pakistani expat based in KL, Malaysia. Given my background, I've always been a defense enthusiast. Full disclosure, I do carry an unconventional approach that may often not go with crowd thinking and I also often find it hard to find the soft words to put my point through. Apologies in advance, it's just how things process up there. No offense to anyone.

So please, as a newbie, maybe go easy on me?

Coming to the point.

While everyone is afixed on Kekra, it seems people have completely missed the former CJS Zubair Hayat remarks of 200Bn proven reserves in Wazirstan alone. He made those remarks when he was still active duty. No one seems to know about it.

As for the "lastest" F-Solaz are concerned, this is just a wishful thinking let alone the numbers being discussed here. Please do come hit me up when the deal actually takes off the ground and I'm not even talking about the AC getting delivered. If the PAF is still looking into such deal then sadly the F-16 obssesed babaz of the PAF have learnt nothing from 90's crap. I wont even go into how we'll be funding this project, but for a number this high and active orders with LM, this deal will probably take 5-years to complete if the deal were to happen today. If anyone believes that Pak will be able to keep the Americans stuck in Afghanistan (which is the only edge it has as of now) for this long is completely living in a fools paradise. The Americans never remain cozy forever, and certainly not when they do not have any interest. In fact, I expect them to put Paksitan under immense sanctions once they have completely vacated Afghanistan. If for some reason the deal does get through but somehwere down the road sanctions are placed witihin this span it would be 90's all over again.

As the saying goes: Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

It would be an utter embarrasment for the PAF to be fooled twice. This old-school baba g approach of the love for F-16s has to go for good. The best they must do, however, is to collect as many spares for their existing fleet of F-16s and look elsewhere. Though costly, this approach will give them a safety net they did not have in the 90's.
We have started receiving Viper attack helicopters and yes I also agree USA should not be trusted and in my opinion Eurofighter is better option.