Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

Salza

BANNED
Reactions
464 0 0
Country
Pakistan
no AESA the American will not dare.

AESA is not some exclusive thing anymore. We already have it in our Saab AWACS. Block 3 will be equipped with AESA radar as well. So it won't be anything like a game changer capability in the region. Yes 10-15 years back it was. US won't be reluctant now provided we pay them in full or thru some other arrangement.

Last edited by a moderator:

maxpane

Reactions
476 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Or better yet start a joint industrial complex that produces everything from small items to fighter jets @Khafee. Wouldnt that be somthing it would mean true independence for these nations.
sir joint production is an option but it would take time but dnt you think USA would start sanction if itis going to lose one of his the biggest buyer. Just buy assembly line from USA and start industry

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Can we have them now ? I think Americans were not ready to sell us AESA radar that time. UAE block60 have that.
PAF could have had AESA back in mid-2000's, but that is not something 99% of people will be able to digest.

Also this doesn't make any sense since we were getting those 18 block 52s through CSF, money wasn't much issue so i think opposition was mostly from American side.

It is always easy to blame others for your follies.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
If F 16 Viper are coming which not only Khafee but even few people I know are saying they will have AESA radar.
People dont understand, an F16 without AESA wont be Blk70/72 it would be Blk52 |0|

Tunamelt

Reactions
437 7 0
Country
Pakistan
AESA is not some exclusive thing anymore. We already have it in our Saab AWACS. Block 3 will be equipped with AESA radar as well. So it won't be anything like a game changer capability in the region. Yes 10-15 years back it was. US won't be reluctant now provided we pay them in full or thru some other arrangement.

No USA will not give AESA (This is my belief) F-16 probably but AESA no harpoon is not a new thing but yet we cant use it, AIM-120C was nothing short of merical. I am pretty sure Zulu was stopped over the Hellfire ATMG issue or it was a probable cause of the delay & not to mention about ATAK engine issue.

Tunamelt

Reactions
437 7 0
Country
Pakistan
People dont understand, an F16 without AESA wont be Blk70/72 it would be Blk52 |0|
NO that is not the only thing new about this F-16, If the USA is willing to sell us a 5th gen platform radar then why not F-35.

Many other systems are new + construction of the craft has changed and so have the weapons package.

If the USA will give us an AESA radar I would bet money on the APG-79.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
If F 16 Viper are coming which not only Khafee but even few people I know are saying they will have AESA radar.
Tipu and Knuckles also saying even Knuckles saying they will station at Bolhari that's why heavy construction going on there more shelters 15 more F16s along mirages as Airomerix saying

Tunamelt

Reactions
437 7 0
Country
Pakistan
There are different types of AESA radar the capabilities vary across platform, APG-83 is a beast of a radar.

Think of it as a bullet that is being shot out of different types of barrel's.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
PAF could have had AESA back in mid-2000's, but that is not something 99% of people will be able to digest.

It is always easy to blame others for your follies.
That the problem in our history from beginning sir, we always have sellout in higher positions like bureaucracy and specially our politicians setting on higher positions.
These type is blander done on intension and per planning

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
NO that is not the only thing new about this F-16, If the USA is willing to sell us a 5th gen platform radar then why not F-35.

Many other systems are new + construction of the craft has changed and so have the weapons package.

If the USA will give us an AESA radar I would bet money on the APG-79.

Do you even know which a/c flies with the APG-79?