Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 178 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

baqai

Reactions
1,008 39 0
Country
Pakistan
Besides the obvious tech advantage, there would have been the training, and spares availablity as well. But some where, some one, screwed up big time.

even for a civvie that's a no brainer, what's worrying me two part

1. Is that person still there
2. How could such person pass through intense scrutiny and promotions to reach a position to take such decisions

Salza

BANNED
Reactions
464 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Besides the obvious tech advantage, there would have been the training, and spares availablity as well. But some where, some one, screwed up big time.

Can we have them now ? I think Americans were not ready to sell us AESA radar that time. UAE block60 have that.

Also this doesn't make any sense since we were getting those 18 block 52s through CSF, money wasn't much issue so i think opposition was mostly from American side.

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
So true,
Once upon a time,
I too was a traveller of that boat which blamed GCC, But @Mastankhan has opened my eyes, And I understood that the fault is within rather we start blaming the arabs after all they have done
@Mastankhan wants to teach, idiots dont want to learn.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

2. How could such person pass through intense scrutiny and promotions to reach a position to take such decisions
It is usually never a single man, but a group.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
i still believe Pakistan KSA and UAE shoud work together to bring f 16 assemby line in these countries . KSA and UAE have financial power and Pakistan has manpower and we can get experience and also create new jobs after covid . we can fulfill our local needs and can have a platform which we can share each other . may be able to sell some jets to third world countries .
Or better yet start a joint industrial complex that produces everything from small items to fighter jets @Khafee. Wouldnt that be somthing it would mean true independence for these nations.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir, the Blk52 was a very big disappointment for me personally, given the leg work I did.

The UAE paid US$3bn+ for the R&D of the Blk60, so now there are some technologies to which it holds proprietary rights, even today. Any sale of those techs will insure a royalty. Hence why all Blk70/72 are not the same.

At that time the biggest hurdle to Blk60's (with PAF) would have been the royalty to the UAE. Besides that, the price difference was only marginal. The UAE waived the royalties for PAF, given their past history. But PAF was on some other trajectory.
That gives me a headache like what in the world was PAF thinking? Like how?

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan

Let me give you an example.

I will use my way of thinking and understanding of how things work with regards to promotions.

A patriotic part of me wanted to join Military, But the A part of me Denied such decision.

Reason ?

You don’t show your true colors unless you reach brigadier or above, (mostly major Gen+), Hence why many deserving or clean people get retired at the Brigadier rank.

Once you reach the title of An XYZ Gen, You have much much authority, Basically you are wazir of a king, King just gives a basic generalized command to a wazir, While wazir interprets it his own way and Is basically a Sub-King.

Hope this explains.

So, You will have to hide the naughty part of you throughout your service until you reach a desired rank,
There are people who don’t lose their track of Goodness once exceed Brigadier,
But the definition of Good in Military isn’t the same for Non-Military, Professional requirements are much different, Judgements, Works, Everything.

@Khafee ?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Let me give you an example.

I will use my way of thinking and understanding of how things work with regards to promotions.

A patriotic part of me wanted to join Military, But the A part of me Denied such decision.

Reason ?

You don’t show your true colors unless you reach brigadier or above, (mostly major Gen+), Hence why many deserving or clean people get retired at the Brigadier rank.

Once you reach the title of An XYZ Gen, You have much much authority, Basically you are wazir of a king, King just gives a basic generalized command to a wazir, While wazir interprets it his own way and Is basically a Sub-King.

Hope this explains.

So, You will have to hide the naughty part of you throughout your service until you reach a desired rank,
There are people who don’t lose their track of Goodness once exceed Brigadier,
But the definition of Good in Military isn’t the same for Non-Military, Professional requirements are much different, Judgements, Works, Everything.

@Khafee ?
In the mil by the time you get to Major / Lt.Col. both good and bad people leave. Bad are denied promotion, or given early retirement, the same can happen to good as well, due to health or personal reasons, since by then they are eligible for pension after 18yrs of service.

This doesn't mean people dont slip through the cracks.

Zarvan

Reactions
682 12 0
Country
Pakistan
Can we have them now ? I think Americans were not ready to sell us AESA radar that time. UAE block60 have that.

Also this doesn't many any sense since we were getting those 18 block 52s through CSF, money wasn't much issue so i think opposition was mostly from American side.
If F 16 Viper are coming which not only Khafee but even few people I know are saying they will have AESA radar.

MIRauf

Reactions
242 8 0
Country
USA
Or better yet start a joint industrial complex that produces everything from small items to fighter jets @Khafee. Wouldnt that be somthing it would mean true independence for these nations.

Independence, that is why established entities will not let it happen or throw road blocks in the way. Easy to create Mayhem in your neightborhood to derail by selling ready made and throw a monkey ranch in what you trying to make / create.