Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 177 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

Ghessan

Reactions
242 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Point is, it is not possible to get V upgrad without LM not knowing about it (Tweet). Secondly, it is not possible for Pak to get V upgrade or new birds without DSCA notification. Only possibility is through transfer of jets from third countries (like Egypt or Jordan or UAE or whoever).

yeah true

Sayad

Reactions
103 0 0
Country
Pakistan
is Alan Warnes CAS?.....how do you know he is not stopped for revealing the information or why do you think that Alan Warnes knows everything.
He has very close ties with PAF.... He was the only one outside paf got brief over Swift Retort..... He is more credible than anyone else here so far.... I wish and hope that I am wrong. Everything humbly stated no offense

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
He has very close ties with PAF.... He was the only one outside paf got brief over Swift Retort..... He is more credible than anyone else here so far.... I wish and hope that I am wrong. Everything humbly stated no offense
He is a journalist not a close confidant of the CAS, he was given brief over swift retort because PAF wanted him to report on it, that does not mean that PAF would let him know about all the decisions that they make.

maxpane

Reactions
476 8 0
Country
Pakistan
i still believe Pakistan KSA and UAE shoud work together to bring f 16 assemby line in these countries . KSA and UAE have financial power and Pakistan has manpower and we can get experience and also create new jobs after covid . we can fulfill our local needs and can have a platform which we can share each other . may be able to sell some jets to third world countries .

maxpane

Reactions
476 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Why not they work for something of their own?
cuz it will win win for all
USA would get money
we can get jets
we dnt have that jet strong industries to develop some thing new.
As a natural ally USA would not have problem with three countries.

Bkbiznyc

Reactions
124 3 0
Country
USA

My opinion is that if PAF wants to keep it a secret, Warnes will tow the line. If he reveals what they don't want him to, it could affect his relationship with PAF.

Araz

Reactions
208 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Because Blk52 was a short sighted decision, it was obsolete, when it landed.
May have been the case but the reality is would we have been offered the AESA of the 62s even if we had asked? In the 2009-12 period the only upgraded radar on a fighter was a PESA on the Indian flankers. USA has a policy of not introducing new technology in a region where it has not previously existed(Israel being the obvious exception).UAE got it because they paid for the development and us Masakeen would nothave had the money that the UAE Splashed out. India did not have an AESA we would therefore not have gotten one either. My thoughts therefore feel free to correct.
Regards
A

Last edited:

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
My opinion is that if PAF wants to keep it a secret, Warnes will tow the line. If he reveals what they don't want him to, it could affect his relationship with
Alan said same thing about Zulus too I don't know

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
May have been the case but the reality is would we have been offered the AESA of the 62s even if we had asked? In the 2009-12 period the only upgraded radar on a fighter was a PESA on the Indian flankers. USA has a policy of not introducing new technology in a region where it has not previously existed(Israel being the obvious exception).UAE got it because they paid for the development and us Masakeen would nothave had the money that the IAE Splashed out. India did not have an AESA we would therefore not have gotten one either. My thoughts therefore feel free to correct.
Regards
A
Sir, the Blk52 was a very big disappointment for me personally, given the leg work I did.

The UAE paid US$3bn+ for the R&D of the Blk60, so now there are some technologies to which it holds proprietary rights, even today. Any sale of those techs will insure a royalty. Hence why all Blk70/72 are not the same.

At that time the biggest hurdle to Blk60's (with PAF) would have been the royalty to the UAE. Besides that, the price difference was only marginal. The UAE waived the royalties for PAF, given their past history. But PAF was on some other trajectory.

baqai

Reactions
1,008 39 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir, the Blk52 was a very big disappointment for me personally, given the leg work I did.

The UAE paid US$3bn+ for the R&D of the Blk60, so now there are some technologies to which it holds proprietary rights, even today. Any sale of those techs will insure a royalty. Hence why all Blk70/72 are not the same.

At that time the biggest hurdle to Blk60's (with PAF) would have been the royalty to the UAE. Besides that, the price difference was only marginal. The UAE waived the royalties for PAF, given their past history. But PAF was on some other trajectory.

that doesn't make any sense :eek: it would have been better for us to go for 60's

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
that doesn't make any sense :eek: it would have been better for us to go for 60's
Besides the obvious tech advantage, there would have been the training, and spares availablity as well. But some where, some one, screwed up big time.