Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 180 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Tipu and Knuckles also saying even Knuckles saying they will station at Bolhari that's why heavy construction going on there more shelters 15 more F16s along mirages as Airomerix saying
In light of the new vipers coming in, the number 15 could allude to upgraded EDA's.

Tunamelt

Reactions
437 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Who is going to pay for integrating APG-79 into F16's? You? Serioulsy, stop commenting in things you have no clue about.

@Khafee I never said that apg-79 will go on the F-16 I was making a reference as to what type of AESA Pakistan might be cleared for, It easy to water down the apg-83 to the apg-79 specs. It comes at a very cheap cost in the thousands without going into further deatail.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
@Khafee I never said that apg-79 will go on the F-16 I was making a reference as to what type of AESA Pakistan might be cleared for, It easy to water down the apg-83 to the apg-79 specs. It comes at a very cheap cost in the thousands without going into further deatail.
That is not happening, dont worry.

Zarvan

Reactions
682 12 0
Country
Pakistan
No USA will not give AESA (This is my belief) F-16 probably but AESA no harpoon is not a new thing but yet we cant use it, AIM-120C was nothing short of merical. I am pretty sure Zulu was stopped over the Hellfire ATMG issue or it was a probable cause of the delay & not to mention about ATAK engine issue.
They will give us AESA. They have already given F 16 with AESA to Arabs so we already have access to those F 16

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
No USA will not give AESA (This is my belief) F-16 probably but AESA no harpoon is not a new thing but yet we cant use it, AIM-120C was nothing short of merical. I am pretty sure Zulu was stopped over the Hellfire ATMG issue or it was a probable cause of the delay & not to mention about ATAK engine issue.
NO that is not the only thing new about this F-16, If the USA is willing to sell us a 5th gen platform radar then why not F-35.

Many other systems are new + construction of the craft has changed and so have the weapons package.

If the USA will give us an AESA radar I would bet money on the APG-79.
U r just going off of baseless assumptions. It costs money to disrupt the production line and start customization...it costs more money if u r not going to mass produce the customization that is made. So if US is going to swap out the radar only for Pak's F16s...it will be a needless massive expense(keep in mind the labor costs in US are not cheap). Considering that US will be massively subsidizing these through CSF...why would US want to foot the bill for an unnecessary expense? If US wanted to block the SABR radar for Pak...the simple solution is to not sell block 70 to Pak.

Tunamelt

Reactions
437 7 0
Country
Pakistan
U r just going off of baseless assumptions. It costs money to disrupt the production line and start customization...it costs more money if u r not going to mass produce the customization that is made. So if US is going to swap out the radar only for Pak's F16s...it will be a needless massive expense(keep in mind the labor costs in US are not cheap). Considering that US will be massively subsidizing these through CSF...why would US want to foot the bill for an unnecessary expense? If US wanted to block the SABR radar for Pak...the simple solution is to not sell block 70 to Pak.

USA enough said, any ways yes it does cost money but that will not be problem because Alteration can be done quite a bit. Remember watering the ketchup is easy but ketchupping up the water is not. No onw is mass producing any thing PAF may only get a squadron of F-16NG that's it.

I do not know what your credential are therefor I do not know how to explain it to you how easy it will be to do so.

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
USA enough said, any ways yes it does cost money but that will not be problem because Alteration can be done quite a bit. Remember watering the ketchup is easy but ketchupping up the water is not. No onw is mass producing any thing PAF may only get a squadron of F-16NG that's it.

I do not know what your credential are therefor I do not know how to explain it to you how easy it will be to do so.
The reason u r not explaining it(regardless of my credentials) and using ketchup analogy is bcuz u don't know how to explain it. I don't mean it in an offensive way to demean u...just laying out facts.

I NEVER said that it's not easy for the US. Yes they can change the radar's software, or hardware, or both. It's quite obvious US has the means, the technological know how, and the resources to do it. So don't put words in my mouth plz.

What I said is that it costs money to make such alterations. U can't refute that bcuz it's a fact. As for mass producing it...yes F16 is still being produced. Block 70 is the newest configuration...all nations cleared to purchase new F16s...WILL be getting block 70. So I reiterate...block 70 is being mass produced(there are orders in the pipeline from multiple countries as we speak). In order for them to make changes to a select few of those F16s...and add a different radar(not the SABR AESA)...it would require additional costs(production cost, testing costs, etc). So it will just be much easier for them to deny block 70 to Pak altogether than take the dumbest approach of racking up a bill that they then will have to pay themselves.

As for u asking for my credentials...I majored in Biochemistry. Currently working as an Analytical Chemist...and prior to that I was a CompSci major(before switching to BioChem). I have decent command over C++, C#, Java, VB, and SQL. So plz do explain to me in technical detail about the radar alteration u were mentioning...I'll try to keep up.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
In light of the new vipers coming in, the number 15 could allude to upgraded EDA's.
One fan boy on PDF actually send email to LM PR department asking about F16s V for PAF? What is reality? I don't know what they answered him amazing

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
One fan boy on PDF actually send email to LM PR department asking about F16s V for PAF? What is reality? I don't know what they answered him amazing
Ppl just need to be patient rather than trying these antics and making wild speculations.