Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 190 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
For how long they want to keep things under rap ??? Are they waiting for next century or what ???
Hazrat you are not buying tomatoes from the sunday market, this is fighter plane induction that we are talking about. Do you know how many years it has taken India to induct Rafale?

Blackbirdz!

Reactions
218 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

It was the other way around---.

It was the Paf who declared the the Rafale is not a quality aircraft---. They changed their minds after the French strikes in Libya---but by then it was too late---.
wrong! Its expenses did not justify its capabilities, a fact stands till this day!, just to give you a clue; its a 4th gen a/c costing india 120 million/unit. While its i think 74 million @ flyaway cost

J20 on the other hand is at 100-110 million, one might just buy an eastern 5th gen fighter, which atleast will still be a gen ahead of 4 gen rafale.
J31 is only @ 70 million at flyaway cost.

Su57 is only @42 million flyaway cost.

Meanwhile Western F35;

F-35A: US$77.9M (lot 14)
F-35B: US$101.3M (lot 14)
F-35C: US$94.4M

Last edited:

MIRauf

Reactions
242 8 0
Country
USA
wrong! Its expenses did not justify its capabilities, a fact stands till this day!, just to give you a clue; its a 4th gen a/c costing india 120 million/unit. While its i think 74 million @ flyaway cost

J20 on the other hand is at 100-110 million, one might just buy an eastern 5th gen fighter, which atleast will still be a gen ahead of 4 gen rafale.

MK is right about what PAF said about then Rafale, they have had said something similar about C-130Js 10/15 years ago, too complicated for us.

Perhaps proper wording should have been that it offers capabilities at cost that we do not require, thus can't justify the expenses. PAF had also said something about Grifo Radars for JF-17s if I am not mistaken, lets say instead of stating it in polite way that it doesn't meet PAFs requirement the statement was pretty blunt.

Blackbirdz!

Reactions
218 7 0
Country
Pakistan
MK is right about what PAF said about then Rafale, they have had said something similar about C-130Js 10/15 years ago, too complicated for us.

Perhaps proper wording should have been that it offers capabilities at cost that we do not require, thus can't justify the expenses. PAF had also said something about Grifo Radars for JF-17s if I am not mistaken, lets say instead of stating it in polite way that it doesn't meet PAFs requirement the statement was pretty blunt.
Its expenses did not justify its capabilities! the reason.

MIRauf

Reactions
242 8 0
Country
USA
@MIRauf yr f35A is only @ 77.9 M @ flyaway vs Rafale @ 74M flyaway

Now do the math!

PAF didn't say it was expensive, they just plain out down played it as a mediocre, for Rafale, for C-130J it was too complicated to operate. I think it has something to do with translation, just as they have been quuted to say that JF-17 is a cheap fighter instead of inexpensive.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan

Hi,

The statement made by Paf for rejecting Gripen was that the tech was too advanced for us.

Junaid

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
35 1 0
Country
Pakistan
The problem with the f 35 is not the capability but the level of control that LM and DOD have over the a.c. and the real time info being relayed to LM.
Now this sort of arrangement might be good for a country like eng or isreal, who by default are us natural allies.
But as geo political situation stands today for a country like Turkey even which is a NATO allie . it would be nothing short of suicide.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan

Meanwhile Western F35;

Hi,

Then they should have pursued the F16's in a timely manner rather than jumping around for Gripen, M2K's, Rafale and what else not.

Ghessan

Reactions
242 7 0
Country
Pakistan

Meanwhile Western F35;

rafale was offered in 2000 and was rejected, cannot compare it with J-20 which is happening now.
while when India is buying, we are now looking to counter it with some.
PAF could work out a plan to buy them instead of rejecting and we were closing the door for IAF on any other aircraft counter rafale.

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Just been told by a friend that some PAF guys are in the USA.......do'nt know who or for what. All I know is that it includes a few PAF pilots....so if they ware coming to pick up helicopters then why do we need PAF pilots there?