Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 191 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Just been told by a friend that some PAF guys are in the USA.......do'nt know who or for what. All I know is that it includes a few PAF pilots....so if they ware coming to pick up helicopters then why do we need PAF pilots there?
Helicopters are always shipped in cargo a/c's. Dont need any pilots for that, but Enggr & Ground crew. So these many pilots means.......~^~

Salza

BANNED
Reactions
464 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

News source / links is for your age group.

you made a strong claim, now onus is on you to post the source, if you can't do that than there is little reason to believe on your words since many here believes that it wasn't the case like you are portraying

baqai

Reactions
1,008 39 0
Country
Pakistan
Just been told by a friend that some PAF guys are in the USA.......do'nt know who or for what. All I know is that it includes a few PAF pilots....so if they ware coming to pick up helicopters then why do we need PAF pilots there?

maybe it has something to do with the thread title?

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
you made a strong claim, now onus is on you to post the source, if you can't do that than there is little reason to believe on your words since many here believes that it wasn't the case like you are portraying

I think its more of a "strong" claim in your subjectivity than for others. For those who have a long-term experience and seen and heard things as time went by, there has to be some respect - that you show to people who read the news before you did. Came to forums before you did.

As far as I see it, @Mastankhan has no obligation to search up decades old news for you - who are you? Why do you see yourself as such an important person? If you don't believe him or doubt his memory, search it up. And if you must request him to point you in the right direction - that is not the attitude or manner in which you should do so.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan

Hi,

It is your age to make claims---. I have never made any claims---.

I make statements and assessments---.

It maybe difficult for you to understand what that means.

See in the good old days---if someone made a claim and someone challenged it---if the claim became true---that challenger would be pun of jokes for the rest of his life---.

My " supposed claim " as you put it has already been seconded.

It is not our responsibility to bring you kids at par to what happened in the past before you gained the ability to start learning---it is your job to start searching---otherwise your life would be like Deino---looking for 'links' .

Blackbirdz!

Reactions
218 7 0
Country
Pakistan
rafale was offered in 2000 and was rejected, cannot compare it with J-20 which is happening now.
while when India is buying, we are now looking to counter it with some.
PAF could work out a plan to buy them instead of rejecting and we were closing the door for IAF on any other aircraft counter rafale.
read my comments on 19 page!

Blackbirdz!

Reactions
218 7 0
Country
Pakistan
PAF didn't say it was expensive, they just plain out down played it as a mediocre, for Rafale, for C-130J it was too complicated to operate. I think it has something to do with translation, just as they have been quuted to say that JF-17 is a cheap fighter instead of inexpensive.
the reason they gave back in 2006 was of prize.......ie its prize doesnt justify its capabilities.

Blackbirdz!

Reactions
218 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

The statement made by Paf for rejecting Gripen was that the tech was too advanced for us.
yes, the exact words were; ''its too complicated to be produced in Pakistan'' as it was offered as license build Pakistan specific variant for Pakistan to be produced in Pakistan!

It was a decision took by Mushaf Ali Mir and Shahid Latif as they were interested in JF17 itself! But what happened was that through testing of these both Gripen and Rafale(whose current AESA radar was personally tested by Shahid Latif back in 2006); Shahid Latif n Co. got a better idea of how to develop JF17 Blocks in future, The Network Centric Warfare capabilities were the major selling point in the eyes of PAF bak in 2002 of Gripen, ie its advanced Data Link capability etc Where one aircraft can turn the radar on in a formation to locate the enemy jets and pass on info to its buddy a/c etc, this was one of the things its Link 16 could do which made them successfully engage an enemy formation which was considerably bigger in size and number of jets. You remember in PDF many senior members saying that Gripen fits perfectly like hand in glove in our doctrine? This was one of the main reasons why...........then add its short takeoff and landing abilities it just adds to the advantage. The network centric capabilities of Link17 installed on Block 1-2 are a testimony of that today!

This as well as Rafale's ECM/EW(SPECTRA) was picked up along with its low flying passive stealth capabilities for JF 17 project(now u will see this in Block 3) Another thing that i didn't told u yet is that the KLJ7AV2 radar selected for Block 3 is today same in capabilities as of that radar on indian Rafale!(reason; that detailed check by Shahid Latif n Co in 2006) The real reason why PAF made Chinese build V2 version of that Standard KLJ7A offered to us was that........... That KLJ7AV2 was shown in the last IDEAS expo 2018 in Karachi by Chinese.

But where the Block 3 is still low compared to that Rafale M of india is at maneuverability, and thats the reason a new holographic display has been developed by PAF along with a Wide Angle HUD from J20 is being imported for Block 3 just to tackle that........

Now if Rafale comes even for a Split second into the range of it be in that huge HUD or not it will be shot down thanks to the HOBS missile like PL10E and the J20's HMD/S installed on JF17 series today.

Today, entire fleet of these aircrafts Block 1 and 2 r being updated as ''MLU'' or what PAF calls overhaul of older JF17As........While JF17B is ALREADY flying with KLJ7AV2 with PL15, PL10E along with a super new ECM/EW package and yes it also has that wide angle holographic display.

So now you get it?

But PAF was still interested in it as bak as in 2015, sweden rejected it for political reasons!

Links;

JF17A overhaul;

Block 3's radar;

JF17B;

PL15 being tested on JF17A Block 1/2; pause the video @ 4:38

Thats that ECM pod which jammed the hell out of M2K's RDY series radar, wonder how PAF manage to do that if they have never tested these radars in detail? You it seems didnt watch those Shahid Latif interviews with Abid Andleeb, where he had clearly mentioned how he got hold of Rafale's radar.......

Last edited:

Salza

BANNED
Reactions
464 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

It is your age to make claims---. I have never made any claims---.

I make statements and assessments---.

It maybe difficult for you to understand what that means.

See in the good old days---if someone made a claim and someone challenged it---if the claim became true---that challenger would be pun of jokes for the rest of his life---.

My " supposed claim " as you put it has already been seconded.

It is not our responsibility to bring you kids at par to what happened in the past before you gained the ability to start learning---it is your job to start searching---otherwise your life would be like Deino---looking for 'links' .

All I meant what Blackbirdz has been saying here as well that the main reason of rejecting Rafale that time was the sheer price not its capability which you were trying to portray or atleast I got the perception from your posts. We all know that if US offers us F35 today, PAF will most probably reject the plane not because of its quality but because of its price.

Blackbirdz!

Reactions
218 7 0
Country
Pakistan
@Blackbirdz! @Salza Pls open a new thread on M2K & Rafale for PAF, and then everyone can stay on topic and provide some unknown details.
sohnio k ho gya ha, jabse pappi ki ha ap k hosh he urry hue hain. Mastan Khan was asking so i replied.........Pehle b ban kar dia tha Hug me Sophia waly threat sy!

Im im still with Pres. Erdogan!

Last edited: