Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 68 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
So from 24, it jumps up to 36, which means two squadrons. As for used vipers, the option from Jordan as well as Block 40 from USAF EDA should exist. If PAF goes for the F-16 Block 70, then it will be interesting to note whether AESA arrives into PAF from JF-17 Block III or F-16 Block 70.

At this moment, F-16 Block 70's avionics and electronic suite coupled with AIM120D (if possible) should prove to a bitter rival to Rafale. Irony is that Rafale exists in IAF's line up, however decision about F-16 Block 70 is yet to be seen.
Are the rumours true that block iii wont host AESA for quite some time? AESA not mature or china is developing something even better?

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
So from 24, it jumps up to 36, which means two squadrons. As for used vipers, the option from Jordan as well as Block 40 from USAF EDA should exist. If PAF goes for the F-16 Block 70, then it will be interesting to note whether AESA arrives into PAF from JF-17 Block III or F-16 Block 70.

At this moment, F-16 Block 70's avionics and electronic suite coupled with AIM120D (if possible) should prove to a bitter rival to Rafale. Irony is that Rafale exists in IAF's line up, however decision about F-16 Block 70 is yet to be seen.
Hum intezar karain gay
Khuda karay keh qiamat ho aur F16 aye

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
It was mentioned in the first line of the post about "data" as well as "point of views". A food for thought process invites different points of views. If all this creates confusion, please use ignore button. I don't see anyone else getting confused.

Hi,

There is nothing to get confused over wasted space and wasted time.

You are posting on an open forum---you are posting as a professional---.

You will get a response---.

Anyone else---most have no clue what to say or counter ---.

Last edited:

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,
This is all useless talk to make excuses for not doing anything---totally worthless---For a nation---who has a war declared against it since the 26th feb---the only questions need to be asked is---what aircraft can we get NOW that can hurt the enemy the most---what aircraft we can get NOW that brings most fear and concern in the enemy camp---which aircraft can hurt the most vulnerable enemy spots NOW---.

The poster has put so many twists and turns in that post that instead of getting the blade of the sword sharpened to be readied for combat---the poster has spun a web of confusion to get the participants entangled in indecision---.

And I see the high and mighty also fall for it as well---so tragic.

Hi,

I write again---we are in a state of war since the 26th feb---for that very reason---chinese Pres Xi asked PM IK---" What do you want or What do you need "---that was a very direct question asked by the chinese Pres---because he knew that pakistan was in a very difficult position---.

Another question asked was---" are you ready---"---.

The time to do this and time to do that was over---this was the time to get what was needed---.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
This is my last post on this. Don't want to belabor the same point. We can agree to disagree.

The SP Hows we are getting from Italy are M109s that we already have tons of. So absorbing them into our units is not an issue. It is not like we will actively go find old south african G5/G6s.

Hi,

This is time of war---there is no such thing as LOVEY DOVEY HUG & KISS here---" my last post ".

We are at the brink of a major catastrophe---a mass destruction of civilization---you need to fight out for your position---. Give some technical answers---give some real world examples that ' old is dead '---. I would love to hear about it---.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
But if you tell PAF to take on JH-7 or Tornado or Buccaneers, they will say no thank you very much. These planes are out of production for decades and PAF has zero expertise maintaining them.

Hi,

And that is the problem with the state---they have no clue and they leave it to the Paf---. Paf has miserably failed in the last 30 plus years---.

The state needs to learn to order the Paf---that is now nations are run---air forces don't tell the nations how to run their business---.

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

There is nothing to get confused over wasted space and wasted time.

You are posting on an open forum---you are posting as a professional---.

You will get a response---.

Anyone else---most have no clue what to say or counter ---.
You don't need to speak on account of others, they have given their own views. If your time has been wasted, i repeat - use the ignore button.

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
Are the rumours true that block iii wont host AESA for quite some time? AESA not mature or china is developing something even better?
You see - this is why its important to develop own tech. Reliance on any other nation, be it Chinese, is not always recommended.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

A nation like china---who has 100's of PhD's working on the aesa project---100's of millions of dollars being spent with no restriction on this aesa project to make it successful---and they are having to work extremely hard to make it a potent product but still having hiccups---.

And here is a professional declaring on behalf of an extremely poor nation mentioning " this is why its important to develop own tech "---is this a joke or what---.

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
The government failed....
Armed forces failed....
PAF failed ....

But yet India never attacked Pakistan... in 1965 and 1971 we started the war ( at least on the Western front ).
There never was a case when PAF let us down .... and IAF never dared to cross our border all these years but yet everything is a failure and as a nation we need to have a defeatist bunker mentality unless ofcourse we commit suicide as a nation and use nuclear bomb...

??????????

MystryMan

Reactions
106 1 0
Country
Pakistan
What might be apparent, might not be true.

Secondly, when any air force goes for a new platform, they have an idea of what exactly they want, it doesn't matter how much R&D or testing that product needs. They want the best. The Blk60 is a prime example, its radar, ew suite, ram coating - haveglass, higher thrust engine, all this cutting edge tech nearly 15+yrs ago.

People did not understand the for R&D + propriety tech US$3bn that had to be paid, but the Rafale's R&D for F4 from F3r cost US$2.3bn.
So the US$3bn for the Blk60 i.e. a foreign partner, is very much justifiable.

Anyways, Three things point towards why J15 and not J16:
1) The fiscal terms
2) The degree of customization
3) Maybe joint carrier ops

I am always open to correction, but my understanding is that the newer versions of J15 have more composites, than J16.
from some of the posts it seems J15 has issues and PLAAF might not be inducting more. Is it true sir?

Wolf-PK

Reactions
1,011 27 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

I write again---we are in a state of war since the 26th feb---for that very reason---chinese Pres Xi asked PM IK---" What do you want or What do you need "---that was a very direct question asked by the chinese Pres---because he knew that pakistan was in a very difficult position---.

Another question asked was---" are you ready---"---.

The time to do this and time to do that was over---this was the time to get what was needed---.

I am sure IK couldn't understand what Xi was talking about ....IK's immediate response would be , as usual, "We want Peace, look we lost some 70 thousand........." than Bajwa Sb intervened ...Sir Xi asking about tools that we need to maintain peace.......

Benign_Persona

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Video been posted on youtube some hrs ago where an eye witness on indian side claiming an IAF aircraft crashed on Indian side on 27th feb

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
The video and it's accounts are not the issue for me.

But what is an issue for me, and the Indians will make valid argument of it, is the "CU2.." incomplete serial number in the wreckage ...

1571228710126.png

The CU serial prefix are for the IAF MiG-21 Bisons.
The SU-30 MKI have an SB prefix.