Pakistan News & Discussions | Page 44 | World Defense

Pakistan News & Discussions

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
How was the economy ruined by PTI comprehensively?

Incompetent policies, corruption, lies, and personal agendas.

What did they inherit?
An economy in a terrible shape, massive amount of debt, failed foreign policy, and corrupt politicians. All four issues have grown in the last three years, contrary to tall claims pre & post election.

This excuse of "what did they inherit", after 3+ yrs in power does not work. Sorry. High time people started becoming Pakistanis instead of political workers.

If not IK, then who do we have to lead the government post PTI?
Nobody is going to live on this planet forever, so if IK dies tomorrow then who? You mean to tell me that if not IK then out of the 230m~ 250m Pakistanis, you dont have ONE HONEST LEADER? Such close minded vision, will always insure that nothing changes.

I'm not shocked by such mindset anymore, just saddened, when educated people follow like blind sheep, and put corrupt political figures before their motherland. No human can be above it.

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
Can you explain what was driving the so called 5.8% GDP ?
Sir i am in favour of last govt's policies. But that's a fact the unemployment, inflation, and development speed everything was good in a good direction. And people were in hope that imran will speed up those projects specially the early harvest projects.12000 MW power plants including 2200 nuclear power plants, wind power parks , Two transmission lines of 660 kv DC going from north to south. 6000 km motorways under CPEC, those all things were first time in history of Pakistan by an average government. If all those projects were handle carefully then the current situation was much better than this one. But the Abdul Razzaq dowood and others try their best to jeopardize CPEC . And now we are cursing china for loans, but think once if all those route were completed in a time and chinese trucks start using those routes and we were getting toll tax in handsome amount not only paying back loans but also pouring it into economy.

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
are you not forgetting something COVID...... plus have you seen inflation in other parts of the world and status of economies of other countries..
Sir its a lame excuse, in same covid time Bangladesh economy cross the 300 billion dollar threshold. And we put reverse gear in the same period.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Sir its a lame excuse, in same covid time Bangladesh economy cross the 300 billion dollar threshold. And we put reverse gear in the same period.
Some people need crutches to cling to, and rely on rhetoric. Others bite the bitter pill, and put their nation first, bite thier egos, sacrifice what they have to, and get the job done.

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
Some people need crutches to cling to, and rely on rhetoric. Others bite the bitter pill, and put their nation first, bite thier egos, sacrifice what they have to, and get the job done.
You are right Sir. Unfortunately we lack those leadership who sacrifice their ego to do the job. But if Insha Allah very soon vision would be clear and new leadership will arise from darkness. Insha'Allah.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Sir i am in favour of last govt's policies. But that's a fact the unemployment, inflation, and development speed everything was good in a good direction. And people were in hope that imran will speed up those projects specially the early harvest projects.12000 MW power plants including 2200 nuclear power plants, wind power parks , Two transmission lines of 660 kv DC going from north to south. 6000 km motorways under CPEC, those all things were first time in history of Pakistan by an average government. If all those projects were handle carefully then the current situation was much better than this one. But the Abdul Razzaq dowood and others try their best to jeopardize CPEC . And now we are cursing china for loans, but think once if all those route were completed in a time and chinese trucks start using those routes and we were getting toll tax in handsome amount not only paying back loans but also pouring it into economy.
I want to understand something, why isn't Pakistan setting up more civilian nuclear plants? It would solve a lot of issues.

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
I want to understand something, why isn't Pakistan setting up more civilian nuclear plants? It would solve a lot of issues.
Yes Sir in Gen. Musharaf time that was decided that till 2025 , 20%of total required power would be from nuclear power but zardari govt did not implement the policy. but then through CPEC it was again under implementation and construction of Knupp 2,3 (1100MW each)was started which would complete next year. But after that again silence. Every government should do its part then the vision would be achieved.even we have national nuclear fuel complex near Jauharabad(30 minutes drive from Chashma nuclear reactors)
All the resources are there only a visionary leadership is required and most of the problems would be solved with all in-house services.thanks.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Yes Sir in Gen. Musharaf time that was decided that till 2025 , 20%of total required power would be from nuclear power but zardari govt did not implement the policy. but then through CPEC it was again under implementation and construction of Knupp 2,3 (1100MW each)was started which would complete next year. But after that again silence. Every government should do its part then the vision would be achieved.even we have national nuclear fuel complex near Jauharabad(30 minutes drive from Chashma nuclear reactors)
All the resources are there only a visionary leadership is required and most of the problems would be solved with all in-house services.thanks.
Just heard today, Tarbela Dam is having issues producing electricity due to water shortage. For an economy to grow, cheap and abundant energy is required, but ruling elite can only give lollipops. and the naive enjoy it.

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
Just heard today, Tarbela Dam is having issues producing electricity due to water shortage. For an economy to grow, cheap and abundant energy is required, but ruling elite can only give lollipops. and the naive enjoy it.
Sir you are better educated than me, every water reservoir have its shelf life. And by the passage of time the water storage capacity shrinks due to silt and wastage filling. And Tarbela Dam is at the end of his storage life, after few years it will work only as a runaway water barrage. 50 years of its services Dam served the nation at its best. We need to build new reservoirs Bunji Dam 7000MW, Bhasha Dam4500 MW, Kalabagh Dam 5000 MW, Skardu Dam 8000 MW , Kohala Dam1200 MW all these dams will serve dual purpose water storage for irrigation and power generationon indus cascade. Tarbela and Mangla are past now Sir. Thanks.

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
Only two dams are under construction one is Dasu dam 4200 MW by last govt and Basha Dam by this govt. I want to say only one thing every political govt has to do its duty for national progress and this nation will always remember your era. Like Ayub khan who constructed two Dams and All Pakistan is still serve by those water reservoir and people still praise Ayub Khan. Thanks

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Only two dams are under construction one is Dasu dam 4200 MW by last govt and Basha Dam by this govt. I want to say only one thing every political govt has to do its duty for national progress and this nation will always remember your era. Like Ayub khan who constructed two Dams and All Pakistan is still serve by those water reservoir and people still praise Ayub Khan. Thanks
Can you start a new thread: "Things every Govt should do"

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Incompetent policies, corruption, lies, and personal agendas.

An economy in a terrible shape, massive amount of debt, failed foreign policy, and corrupt politicians. All four issues have grown in the last three years, contrary to tall claims pre & post election.

This excuse of "what did they inherit", after 3+ yrs in power does not work. Sorry. High time people started becoming Pakistanis instead of political workers.

Nobody is going to live on this planet forever, so if IK dies tomorrow then who? You mean to tell me that if not IK then out of the 230m~ 250m Pakistanis, you dont have ONE HONEST LEADER? Such close minded vision, will always insure that nothing changes.

I'm not shocked by such mindset anymore, just saddened, when educated people follow like blind sheep, and put corrupt political figures before their motherland. No human can be above it.
I totally get and agree with you. I was just trying to get an educated answer from the poster who essentially said IK ruined the economy.
That 5.8% GDP quoted by the supporters of Mian Saheb need to know how much it cost us as a country.

Yes, I am super disappointed by IK on multiple fronts. Some of his decisions are mind boggling.

But coming back to the question posted, If not him, then who? Do people want to go back to the musical chair of PPP then PMLN?

Do we have the "cajones" to stand up to these overlords and say enough?
Like you said is speaks volume of us as a nation that we do not have a single person out of 220+ M population that can be considered honest.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I totally get and agree with you. I was just trying to get an educated answer from the poster who essentially said IK ruined the economy.
That 5.8% GDP quoted by the supporters of Mian Saheb need to know how much it cost us as a country.
The economy has been in a steady decline, since Musharraf left. Each successive govt has been unable to tackle one of the most critical issues for survival.

Yes, I am super disappointed by IK on multiple fronts. Some of his decisions are mind boggling.
What would be your educated guess "tota faal" ?

But coming back to the question posted, If not him, then who? Do people want to go back to the musical chair of PPP then PMLN?

Do we have the "cajones" to stand up to these overlords and say enough?
Are you saying some people are not corrupt, because they never got a chance?

As to "cajones", what does a crooked juidicary say about that?

Like you said is speaks volume of us as a nation that we do not have a single person out of 220+ M population that can be considered honest.
A weak law & order situation, discourages people to come forward and fight against feudal lords, and ruling elites.

In conclusion, "Sincere Taubah" as a nation, can yield heart warming results.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I hope we realize this sooner, otherwise......
When people stop being complacent, and realize that the ship is in the eye of the storm, that is when it will happen.