Pakistan to buy 36 latest Su-35's - WDF Exclusive! | Page 24 | World Defense

Pakistan to buy 36 latest Su-35's - WDF Exclusive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf-PK

Reactions
1,011 27 0
Country
Pakistan
any news from China? lots of meetings with COAS and IK with Chinese counter parts? In our neighbor defense mintier has received first Rafale and took ride.....
rafale2.jpg
rafale.jpg

CHI RULES

Reactions
281 7 0
Country
Pakistan
J-20 is not available for export. Reported J-31 is what we may get, if we wanted to. Project Azm may have a lot of input from J-31 project.

Sir most readily available platform is Euro fighter but it's previous trenches shall be expensive to get and then to keep them operational. However another questions shall be how much they can be upgraded. On other hand without sufficient training perhaps PAF pilots shall not be able to handle SU35 in short time span further it may take time even for start of it's deliveries if selected. The J20 so far not avaialble for export and may not be available until it is available in sufficient numbers for PLA. Even FC31 and J10C are not ready products they are still passing through improvement and testing phase. For time being we should not have high hopes for V upgrade for our F16s.

aliraza

Reactions
753 30 0
Country
Pakistan
au35 deal is last resort
t1 is the key target if those countries r willing to give a good deal.
we r being competitive with turkey for these jets
no brothers here it’s jungle out there might is right

HRK

Reactions
482 27 0
Country
Pakistan
au35 deal is last resort
t1 is the key target if those countries r willing to give a good deal.
we r being competitive with turkey for these jets
no brothers here it’s jungle out there might is right
In current situation after the launch of operation in Northern Syria by Turkey and the announcements by Germany to place sanctions on weapon related deals on Turkey, there are slim chances for her to acquire Typhoon.

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
In current situation after the launch of operation in Northern Syria by Turkey and the announcements by Germany to place sanctions on weapon related deals on Turkey, there are slim chances for her to acquire Typhoon.
I can't wait until this materializes(if at all). What will give me more excitement than the Typhoons themselves is the look on Modi's face and the likes of him. All that years of planning and hoo ha about the mother of all deals...all that chest thumping about how India is such a big market that other nations won't sell to Pak just to grab Indian market...and most importantly all that calculation to gain superiority over PAF and outrange them with Rafale + Meteor...

...all of that down the drain.

With JF17 block III + F16 block 70/72(new + current fleet upgrade to V standard) and this possible acquisition of EF...PAF will be able to hold its own comfortably until Azm NGF is ready.

PewPew

Reactions
309 9 0
Country
Pakistan
IMO ... it's wait for Project Azm...there's little way for them to split funding for a twin-engine import and a twin-engine homegrown program. Even in India there's a lobby trying to kill the AMCA.

I think the PAF has largely stuck the middle finger to Europe and Russia, and is opting to put the $300 to $400 m a year it'd spend on an import on developing Azm (which is the least it'd need to be a minimally serious homegrown fighter).

The only thing I'd keep an eye on otherwise is the F-16. It's easier to induct the Block-72 (same airframe and engine as the Block-52) and we can update the rest of the fleet along similar lines. So, yes, it'd take away money from Azm, but the net-impact is adding 5 squadrons with AESA radar-equipped fighters (vs. 18 Typhoon T3s or 24 Su-35s or whatever at that cost). It's the right mix of numbers and capability.

But if it ain't F-16s, then it's us waiting on Azm. The good news is that the previous CAS said they're aiming to start production in 2023, so that might be the prototype. The current CAS expects to factor in operationally around the early 2030s.

Now, if the PAF wants to be a little crazy, it can get Gripen E/Fs as Meteor trucks, and secretly enlist Saab to help with Project Azm.

Last edited:

aliraza

Reactions
753 30 0
Country
Pakistan
soo much is there to see
this operation was started with some understanding of west.
turkey would be roasted otherwise
i guess they say 30 km
allepo comes within 30 km
try touching that and we will see a fresh roasted turkey lol

aliraza

Reactions
753 30 0
Country
Pakistan
I can't wait until this materializes(if at all). What will give me more excitement than the Typhoons themselves is the look on Modi's face and the likes of him. All that years of planning and hoo ha about the mother of all deals...all that chest thumping about how India is such a big market that other nations won't sell to Pak just to grab Indian market...and most importantly all that calculation to gain superiority over PAF and outrange them with Rafale + Meteor...

...all of that down the drain.

With JF17 block III + F16 block 70/72(new + current fleet upgrade to V standard) and this possible acquisition of EF...PAF will be able to hold its own comfortably until Azm NGF is ready.

not going to happen very soon

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
not going to happen very soon
Yes I'm aware...what I listed above for the domestic projects and purchases...both of those are long term expenses. Pak hasn't paid for Type 054 frigates up front...nor for the 8 submarines...nor for Milgem...
...there are many more ongoing purchases like that. These were financed through loans...payments for acquisitions like these and the domestic projects wouldn't leave much funds in the coffers.

In any case...I was just asking out of curiosity. I'm not passing a judgement that "this would never happen bcuz Pak is broke". Personally I'm all for it...I would love to see J15s and Typhoons both in PAF colors. It would give our neighbors to the east something more concrete to be scared about other than apples, balloons, and pigeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.