Pakistan to buy 36 latest Su-35's - WDF Exclusive! | Page 3 | World Defense

Pakistan to buy 36 latest Su-35's - WDF Exclusive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
sir in pdf some posters are saying pad is divided in to two groups on f 16 and su 35. is it true?
You mean PAF?

Well you fight with what you have, not with what you wish you had.

Mangus Ortus Novem

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
984 17 0
Country
Pakistan
@Khafee brother mine,

Is the deal linked to our AZM ... I would rather that we join Su57 project... as partners instead of buy off the shelve. I would have even preferred joing Turkish projects as well...

We need to move into localised production... this total dependence cannt go on forever... sans engines...

Whats the beat on Chinese AirDefence System? Coming?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
@Khafee brother mine,

Is the deal linked to our AZM ... I would rather that we join Su57 project... as partners instead of buy off the shelve. I would have even preferred joing Turkish projects as well...

We need to move into localised production... this total dependence cannt go on forever... sans engines...

Whats the beat on Chinese AirDefence System? Coming?

I'm sure the degree of tech trnsfr will be more than western platforms, this itself will help Project AZM.

In terms of 5th Gen projects, the Turks are right at the bottom. They have a lot of catching up to do, hence they are also looking at Russian platforms to catch up.

For cutting edge tech you have to pay through your nose, so local prod can definitely be a goal, but should not deter the induction of a cutting edge platform. Especially one that gives the flexibility of using both Chinese & Russian ammo.

PAF is looking at both Eastern & Western solutions, but in the near term, "I think" Eastern it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.