Pakistan to buy 36 latest Su-35's - WDF Exclusive! | Page 37 | World Defense

Pakistan to buy 36 latest Su-35's - WDF Exclusive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
What's so defensive? Do u not know how to debate? No wonder u r done with this bcuz u have no argument other than ur opinions and speculations.

- All I have said is based on past trends between the two countries where they have cooperated on defense related things far more strategically important than J15D.
--> so why would they not sell it all of a sudden?
- Secondly they continue to cooperate in that manner...as in China is continually selling its military assets to Pak.
--> they don't seem to be concerned that there could be a leak in Pak military feeding US info on Chinese tech

Can u provide me some past example or trend for ur opinions? Or u gonna just run away and invent some excuse that I'm being defensive?

Edited my reply to ur edited reply

Ok and this proves that China won't sell J15D? Corruption has existed since Pakistan was created...and yet China sold Pak it's weaponry and still continues to sell it. But u want me to believe that this one time corruption(and therefore the threat of having a double agent who will sell secrets for money) is going to be such a huge issue? Just this one time? What happened to all the other times when China did covertly and overtly gave Pak its tech?
my opinions and speculation is based on long history of technology transfers, did the US give Pakistan all the capabilities in the F16? No! China gave you Russian tech on bombs and missiles from the 1960s, there was no threat, but you expect them to give you capabilities to defeat their mainstay air defense system. Sorry bud, not happening. And I feel for Pakistan, but I am a realist, I don't live in fantasy land

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
so what does the PAF have? They are trying to get old Mirages, what mess?
They are getting old Mirages to keep up their current fleet...since the production line and support for Mirages has long ended. There are serious gaps in ur knowledge or u r just trolling.

I'm still waiting for a response about India giving US info on the S400. U r conveniently ignoring it...is it bcuz u dont have an answer?

MystryMan

Reactions
106 1 0
Country
Pakistan
No issue with the WS-10H engines anymore. Those teething problems existed for J-16 as well. These have been rectified. No crashes for J-15 for the last 3 years. For your information, J-15B's engines are the same as those of the J-16. Which have higher thrust than the engines of the Su-30MKI.

Issue is primarily with the Ski-Jump system of the Liaoning Aircraft Carrier (Formerly known as the Riga/Varyag of the Soviet Navy Admiral Kutznetsov Class). This do not allow the Flying Shark to take-off with it's full weapons and fuel loadout because of the Ski-Jump system. There has been a rumour that a powered catapult system has been retrofitted on the Liaoning. But cannot be confirmed.

A new indigenously built Chinese Carrier has the powered catapult system like most of the US carriers. It is undergoing sea trials since may this year. It is going to house 36 of the J-15Bs & J-15Ds. The J-15s will have no issue's operating on full mission load & range anymore.

But most importantly, we are not going to operate it from an aircraft carrier anyways ... as we don't have one. So removing the arrester-hook mechanism can further free up space and reduce empty weight and further increase range.
and the folding wing mechanism can also be removed.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
If you think that Pakistan isnt aware of the shortcomings of foreign equipment then you have to be seriously joking. The straight and simple answer is that, at the time nothing was better then F-16, respectful of its class.

Now that we have JF, we are quickly trying to make it as advanced as the modern F-16s.

China gave us everything they could, and they still do. Why do you think Pakistan gets mostly all new equipment the chinese make? Its sent to Pakistan to go through trials and evaluations. If they gave us supar tech then they wouldn't be sending us something that comes straight out of the drawing boards.
my opinions and speculation is based on long history of technology transfers, did the US give Pakistan all the capabilities in the F16? No! China gave you Russian tech on bombs and missiles from the 1960s, there was no threat, but you expect them to give you capabilities to defeat their mainstay air defense system. Sorry bud, not happening. And I feel for Pakistan, but I am a realist, I don't live in fantasy land

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
If you think that Pakistan isnt aware of the shortcomings of foreign equipment then you have to be seriously joking. The straight and simple answer is that, at the time nothing was better then F-16, respectful of its class.

Now that we have JF, we are quickly trying to make it as advanced as the modern F-16s.

China gave us everything they could, and they still do. Why do you think Pakistan gets mostly all new equipment the chinese make? Its sent to Pakistan to go through trials and evaluations. If they gave us supar tech then they wouldn't be sending us something that comes straight out of the drawing boards.
I agree fully, this all started because I said India getting the s-400 was a big problem for PAF, I doubted the PAF could deal with an integrated air defense system made up of S-400, which I also stated that I doubt the US Air Force without stealth could deal with it. Things went off the rails

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
I agree fully, this all started because I said India getting the s-400 was a big problem for PAF, I doubted the PAF could deal with an integrated air defense system made up of S-400, which I also stated that I doubt the US Air Force without stealth could deal with it. Things went off the rails
Yes, that is very true. The s-400 is a new system and there is alot of hype and superstition that's being flamed around in the media and there is also some truth. Unless the PAF evaluates it or gets some sort of data on it, it will be difficult indeed. That being said, a machine like this takes training and experience to use or well all know what happend on the 27th, or in Syria.

I believe china will play a heavy role in that potential experience. Currently their enemy is our enemy and they are very generous to Pakistan. I do not know how long this will last but I do know that Pakistan is taking full advantage of this situation.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
You know, I haven't known any Pakistani's that I have talked to in depth, but in the next townhome to me at Fort Rucker I had two Saudi helicopter Pilots, one flying OH58 and the other flying UH60, and we had lots of conversations about these same types of things, and never was there any animosity.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
You know, I haven't known any Pakistani's that I have talked to in depth, but in the next townhome to me at Fort Rucker I had two Saudi helicopter Pilots, one flying OH58 and the other flying UH60, and we had lots of conversations about these same types of things, and never was there any animosity.

Once I get time, I will do an OP on Sino -Pak relations. In the mean time, pls read up on how Pakistan helped facilitate Nixons visit in 1972 to China.

Reactions
136 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Once I get time, I will do an OP on Sino -Pak relations. In the mean time, pls read up on how Pakistan helped facilitate Nixons visit in 1972 to China.
I think a bit relief from duty during covid-19 Epidemic so you made here come back after long break/time.

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Su-35 was a decoy for the Eurofighter negotiations, which did not pan out either. Hence Thread closed.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
IMHO , Su 35 deal or renegotiation, can be part of deal that PAF have get few flankers from Russian initially and so later PAF can be allowed to have Chinese flanker induction from Russia such as J11 or J16 etc

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
IMHO , Su 35 deal or renegotiation, can be part of deal that PAF have get few flankers from Russian initially and so later PAF can be allowed to have Chinese flanker induction from Russia such as J11 or J16 etc
PAF can ask Russian favour with deal by asking integration of Chinese and Pakistani weapons along Russian weapons

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Knock Knock!!

Dear Members, let us for a moment, for sake of argument accept that Russia & Pakistan has settled the deal for Su-35 with all bells & whistles PAF demanded, why every time brothers forget CAATSA, ?

If Russia is going to punish India & offer a so called "blank check" to Pakistan for weapons procurement because India took back step on S-400 delivery under USA pressure, kindly ponder "why would uncle SAM be not applying same CAATSA to us" ?? When Turkey & India were not spared ??

BEST SCENARIO (hypothetical - considering PAF not already got Chinese Flankers):

Ask Russia & get a waiver on J-15/J-16 by getting the license to be sold to to Pakistan & get their share of the pie in terms of licensing fee.

PS: @Khafee Brother can you open & move this Su-35/Blank Check etc discussion to locked Su-35 thread as this thread is getting derailed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.