Reports & Complaints | Page 4 | World Defense

Reports & Complaints

capricorn5192

Reactions
561 14 0
Country
Pakistan
That is odd! What OS and browser are you using? Any anti-virus or ad-blocker installed on your machines?
on desktop/laptop i am using google chrome and on Huawei android mobile it's again google chrome. I can give you an example like yesterday i haven't received the notification but when i checked there were almost 10-15 replies posted.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
on desktop/laptop i am using google chrome and on Huawei android mobile it's again google chrome. I can give you an example like yesterday i haven't received the notification but when i checked there were almost 10-15 replies posted.
Oh I see what you mean. There's no reason an alert wouldn't be triggered unless it's not meeting the conditions to trigger again (eg, the thread hasn't been read since the last alert). The same conditions are used for watch thread emails. It is a false assumption that alerts actually "alert" you every time someone replies to a watched thread. So you get one alert - for the very next reply after you've read the thread - and then you don't get any more, regardless of how many more people reply to it, until you read it again. Otherwise, you could end up with hundreds of alerts. This is intentional, pushing single alerts for one thread when you ignored the first alert aside from "quoted you/reacted to your post" is superfluous and vexatious. The system respects your decision for not visiting the thread after you get an alert and ignored it and will stop pushing alerts until you visit the thread again.

Hope that helps.

capricorn5192

Reactions
561 14 0
Country
Pakistan
Oh I see what you mean. There's no reason an alert wouldn't be triggered unless it's not meeting the conditions to trigger again (eg, the thread hasn't been read since the last alert). The same conditions are used for watch thread emails. It is a false assumption that alerts actually "alert" you every time someone replies to a watched thread. So you get one alert - for the very next reply after you've read the thread - and then you don't get any more, regardless of how many more people reply to it, until you read it again. Otherwise, you could end up with hundreds of alerts. This is intentional, pushing single alerts for one thread when you ignored the first alert aside from "quoted you/reacted to your post" is superfluous and vexatious. The system respects your decision for not visiting the thread after you get an alert and ignored it and will stop pushing alerts until you visit the thread again.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the help

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
Hello Kafee & Lieutenant. Yesterday (02 August-2020) I saw an article on this forum about an American on trial for Blasphemy and was shot to death by another man. He was then arrested and taken into custody. Members were responding with unbelievable comments about getting revenge and setting the shooter free and giving him a medal for his actions! In My Opinion (IMO), those kind of negative comments have no place on this forum no matter who the man was. He was a human being that is now gone from this earth and will no longer see his family any more. Do some PNs have that much hatred for the US that if they kill "one of them", they are given a "god-like" status? I hope the PN judicial system is better than that! In any case, I hope you can "persuade" these members to "rein in their comments" and keep the conversation civil and on point. This is a World Defence Forum discussing Military matters and should have the respect of all its members. I came on this form to do just that. To give other members a Canadian perspective on the Canadian military (in particular the RCN) and learn from other members and their points of view on those matters. If some cannot see that, then perhaps stronger action by the staff is needed. Enough said. Cheers!

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Hello Kafee & Lieutenant. Yesterday (02 August-2020) I saw an article on this forum about an American on trial for Blasphemy and was shot to death by another man. He was then arrested and taken into custody. Members were responding with unbelievable comments about getting revenge and setting the shooter free and giving him a medal for his actions! In My Opinion (IMO), those kind of negative comments have no place on this forum no matter who the man was. He was a human being that is now gone from this earth and will no longer see his family any more. Do some PNs have that much hatred for the US that if they kill "one of them", they are given a "god-like" status? I hope the PN judicial system is better than that! In any case, I hope you can "persuade" these members to "rein in their comments" and keep the conversation civil and on point. This is a World Defence Forum discussing Military matters and should have the respect of all its members. I came on this form to do just that. To give other members a Canadian perspective on the Canadian military (in particular the RCN) and learn from other members and their points of view on those matters. If some cannot see that, then perhaps stronger action by the staff is needed. Enough said. Cheers!
Dear,

I took you r advice into consideration,ie. that this is a defence forum, and deleted the thread. Plenty of other places on the net, where people can go and indulge in these kind of subjects.

Thank You

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
Dear,

I took you r advice into consideration,ie. that this is a defence forum, and deleted the thread. Plenty of other places on the net, where people can go and indulge in these kind of subjects.

Thank You
Appreciate that Khafee! Have A Great Navy Day!!

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
Website loading/response times have become extremely long on chrome after the shift to new server.

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
I'd really appreciate it if theb person who manages the site tells me how to fix the problem.Deleted cookies and changed browser and internet connection.The site works fine if i dont login and then just takes extremely long loading and response times after i login

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I'd really appreciate it if theb person who manages the site tells me how to fix the problem.Deleted cookies and changed browser and internet connection.The site works fine if i dont login and then just takes extremely long loading and response times after i login
In 5mins reboot you system, then log in and tell me

CHI RULES

Reactions
281 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Dear Sir,

Please end my restrictions as off topic posts in J15 thread were unintentional, however try to avoid them in future though impacted by political situation of my beloved country with Arab countries. Hope people passionate about their country can understand a true Pakistani feelings.
Regards.