Sea Sultan - PN Selected Embraer Lineage 1000E Jetliner for LRMPA | Page 2 | World Defense

Sea Sultan - PN Selected Embraer Lineage 1000E Jetliner for LRMPA

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
We recently inducted TPS 70 MRR radars that will make up the backbone of PAKADGE for years to come.
Army operates M109 SPs, TPS36 Firefinders, M198 155m howitzers, M113 APCs just to name a few systems.

Per @Khafee new /EDA C-130j on the way as well as f-sola :)
But positive side now we also start looking inducting Chinese or non American alternative as well... hopefully it will increase time that time i e
More primary Chinese fighter jet
AWACS from saab
Warship from china and turkey
Italian and russian helos
Chinese subs
So on . .... ....

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
But positive side now we also start looking inducting Chinese or non American alternative as well... hopefully it will increase time that time i e
More primary Chinese fighter jet
AWACS from saab
Warship from china and turkey
Italian and russian helos
Chinese subs
So on . .... ....
True with US india BECA deal Pak should start looking alternatives like Navy pivots from US hardware so PAF start looking towards that direction I believe after this deal I see more Russian hardware into Armed forces of Pak

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
True with US india BECA deal Pak should start looking alternatives like Navy pivots from US hardware so PAF start looking towards that direction I believe after this deal I see more Russian hardware into Armed forces of Pak
Problem with russian arms they want hard cash upfront... which we lacks always

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
They should to the upgrade/retrofit @ PAC Kamra with Embraer's input. PAC has shown that it does have capability of undertaking such projects when it salvaged AEW Radar/electronics from damaged Erieye's and installed them on new platforms.
Yes PAC did a great job with SAAB AWACS...
...but in that case Pak had working examples of those...and IIRC they got some assistance from SAAB...

Pak doesn't have much history(besides that SAAB example) in this particular matter(like integrating subsystems on a jet). Also considering the fact that this would be the first time for this type of particular jet...
...Pak doing it could run the risk of cost overruns.

It would be better to take a safer approach. If possible...Pak can maybe get assistance from RAS...and work out some kind of a deal...where Pak gets the ability to do it locally. So they do like 1 or 2...and then rest are done in Pak...and Pak "owns" it(the process/method of integrating subsystems)
...so if other countries are interested...Pak can do it for them and make some money(in addition to saving costs by doing the rest of them in house for PN...and gaining knowledge that would help in the future).

...just my 2 cents

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
In the longer run PAC might get involved in the project.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes PAC did a great job with SAAB AWACS...
...but in that case Pak had working examples of those...and IIRC they got some assistance from SAAB...

Pak doesn't have much history(besides that SAAB example) in this particular matter(like integrating subsystems on a jet). Also considering the fact that this would be the first time for this type of particular jet...
...Pak doing it could run the risk of cost overruns.

It would be better to take a safer approach. If possible...Pak can maybe get assistance from RAS...and work out some kind of a deal...where Pak gets the ability to do it locally. So they do like 1 or 2...and then rest are done in Pak...and Pak "owns" it(the process/method of integrating subsystems)
...so if other countries are interested...Pak can do it for them and make some money(in addition to saving costs by doing the rest of them in house for PN...and gaining knowledge that would help in the future).

...just my 2 cents
You are right. However PAC had zero experience when it embarked of Erieye restoration project. From a conversation with someone at PAC, I was given the impression that PAC had reached out to PN when they were doing the ATR conversion and PN was not interested in PAC's involvement.
I sure hope there is some sort of local involvement.

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
You are right. However PAC had zero experience when it embarked of Erieye restoration project. From a conversation with someone at PAC, I was given the impression that PAC had reached out to PN when they were doing the ATR conversion and PN was not interested in PAC's involvement.
I sure hope there is some sort of local involvement.
I'm also hoping for local involvement...
...hell if we could do it without cost overruns(like if Pak had RAS kind of experience under its belt)...that would be awesome. I have no doubt that other countries would eventually place orders for this too(P3 is quite commonly used...and Sea Sultan would be a great alternative) and Pak would be able to make money.

However Pak can hardly afford cost overruns for a project as big as 10 LRMPAs. My guess is that Pak will be acquiring these little by little(kind of like how PN acquired the ATR MPAs)...
...bcuz Pak cannot dish out the money altogether for all 10. This is why any mishap in the estimated costs(of conversion) and it can shake up the whole planned 10 LRMPAs.

If Pak could sort of come to some agreement...with RAS or some Turkish firm(that has extensive experience in this)...where they do it for Pak...but have PAC's involvement for the first 1 or 2...then PAC does the rest...that would be a safer option. Starting with PAC from the get go...would be more experimental than starting with RAS imo. If Pak was a rich country...we could afford such luxury and it would be a great learning experience...but that's not the case. One of the potential reasons PN refused PAC could be bcuz PN has a lot in the pipeline and can't afford to take risks since it has very little wiggle room with the money available.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Most probably nice kickbacks from RAS :)

I had asked someone at PAC when PN was doing the ATR conversion. And he just laughed, and said Navy likes to do things on their own alluding to the fact that PAC had proposed something like this to be done in house....

100% correct.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan Navy’s first Embraer Lineage 1000 has arrived in Karachi some time back. It went on a test flight , Pakistan will get 9 more Embraer Lineage 1000s for LRMPAs.

FB_IMG_1607678850280.jpg
FB_IMG_1607678846293.jpg
FB_IMG_1607678848280.jpg

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
There are a total of 28 of these produced and PN is getting 9 of them. Thats a big number.

PIA can use these for local and regional flights too. Flights from Iran, Afghanistan, peshawar, quetta, turbat, Karachi, lahore, gilgit, chitral, etc. These would be very economical on those routes.

Pakistan should take a large share in this jet and shift some of rhe production to Kamra, slowly buying the whole production line. The only issue I would think would be of the engines being American. But those can be replaced with other origin ones if issues are presented.

They need to start thinking 20-40 years in advance not periodic.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
The first Embraer Lineage 1000 for the Pakistan Navy’s new ‘Sea Sultan’ Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft (MPA) seen taking off from Karachi on a training flight.
FB_IMG_1622127035590.jpg

The Pakistan Navy will order 10 Lineage 1000s and convert them into LRMPAs for anti-submarine (ASW) & anti-surface warfare (ASuW) specialized jet for Pakistan Navy

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
The first Embraer Lineage 1000 for the Pakistan Navy’s new ‘Sea Sultan’ Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft (MPA) seen taking off from Karachi on a training flight.
View attachment 17882
The Pakistan Navy will order 10 Lineage 1000s and convert them into LRMPAs for anti-submarine (ASW) & anti-surface warfare (ASuW) specialized jet for Pakistan Navy
Conversion not happened yet?? Guess US will do it or in house at Pakistan? since German company did not have long runway to cater jet

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Conversion not happened yet?? Guess US will do it or in house at Pakistan? since German company did not have long runway to cater jet
This question is still million dollor thay who will do this conversion .. .

Do we see any involvement of PAC in future after earlier conversion

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
As per un offcial news Leonardo is given contract for conversion of 3 lineage 1000 into sea sultan project