War against ISIS | Page 21 | World Defense

War against ISIS

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
This is IS stirring up things and trying to make it personal. These soldiers were doing their job, but what it does is try to instill fear. I am sure most army personnel know the risks involved and while it's never pleasant to be targeted, all they can do is not react to the situation, but deal with it.

I think some of the brainwashed don't need names and would attack anyone in uniform anyhow, it's IS trying to brainwash and give them instructions. These sites should be taken down immediately so as not to further their cause.

jeremy2

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Kenya
I believe the IS group is now engaging in media propaganda to stir up fear and hatred. They know their days are numbered and it's only a matter of time before they are taken down, talk of the last kicks of a dying horse !

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
While the world, and quite rightly so, focuses on IS and the killings that are now becoming a weekly occurrence on our television screens, are we in danger of taking our eyes off the ball in regards other countries such as Russia, China and North Korea?
Is IS being used by these countries as a smoke screen to distract particularly the US and Europe?

jeremy2

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Kenya
IS don't really pose a serious threat to the west. They are just an emerging network trying to remain relevant against a relentless campaign to wipe them out. They have turned to social media to air their propaganda with little success. They are fighting a losing battle and they know it.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Another update on the Boko Haram. Apparently there was rumored that they had agreed to a cease fire with the Nigerian government but the Boko Haram leader denied the cease fire agreement and stated that they were not returning the girls because they have all converted to Islam and are now married to his men.

TommyVercetti

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
If you're worried about the US Armed Forces getting distracted or spread too thin, they're probably not. It's the arena of public opinion that will most likely be distracted from these situations. While most armed forces can function quite well when faced with multiple enemies especially the US, public opinion can't do the same thing. They need to focus at one crisis at a time. If a more shocking and newsworthy event comes up, you can bet that people will remember that more than past conflicts.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
IS don't really pose a serious threat to the west. They are just an emerging network trying to remain relevant against a relentless campaign to wipe them out. They have turned to social media to air their propaganda with little success. They are fighting a losing battle and they know it.
You seem to have a very short memory. Does "Charlie Hebdo" mean anything to you? France hasn't been moved out of Europe, has it? ISIL seems to have had fair success at recruiting in the West. These people are dangerous. They will not invade us and capture any cities, at least no time soon. The way they have alienated so much of the Islamic world, I suspect that they will soon be eradicated, but they will cause trouble for a while.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
While the world, and quite rightly so, focuses on IS and the killings that are now becoming a weekly occurrence on our television screens, are we in danger of taking our eyes off the ball in regards other countries such as Russia, China and North Korea?
Is IS being used by these countries as a smoke screen to distract particularly the US and Europe?
I understand what you're saying, and I do believe that we have to be on guard against distractions, but these people have to be stopped. We really need a leader who will take them seriously, as well as the other nutcakes who make this world so dangerous.

westmixxin

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
I'm not necessarily sure but what I can tell you is there no use threat to the US whatsoever. Anybody who can't even get over here isn't a threat. I don't understand why we consider countries who don't even have the capability of getting into our country are even close to our country in the first place as a threat. It's almost embarrassing to be honest with you is like an elephant considering an aunt a threat and aunt across the ocean with no boat or plane.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Political instability in the Middle East and elsewhere should be the one issue which must be addressed first if the world wants to be rid of ISIS and other terrorist organizations. Deprive the terrorists of safe havens where they can flee to and it would be easier to hunt them down and probably exterminate them. Because that [restoring political stability in the ME] might be very difficult, defeating ISIS will be just as hard.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Is IS being used by . . . as a smoke screen to distract particularly the US and Europe?
An all-out war against ISIS would have been a good distraction and rather costly but since no European nation is willing to send troops in to fight the terrorists, then that plan [if plan it was] isn't working.

ISIS is an independent terrorist organization whose sole intent is to take over the Islamic world and in so doing, establish a "Caliphate." They work for no one and won't be used by anyone.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Am i missing something here? Why are people saying that IS isn't a threat to the western world? I asked the question if countries had taken their eye off the ball in relation to other threats, i never asked IF IS was a threat in the first place.
To be honest i didnt think that question even had to be asked. To say that IS isnt a threat to the USA is an astonishing statement to make in my opinion. Did american people think the same about al queda and osama bin laden? They are based miles away so we have nothing to worry about?

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Iraq and Iran are fighting back against ISIS and fighting back hard. Hundreds of men are rushing to join the fight to take back their cities. Iraq is the main contender but Iran has announced they are backing Iraq and they are willing to work with their old enemy the US to end the ISIS issue.

I would say that ISIS is in a LOT of trouble. LOL. There is still a lot of fear for this resulting in a major war, but ISIS has to be dealt with.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
ISIS is more than just a terrorist organization. Extremists everywhere love their ideology and just like communism was once considered a threat which had to be neutralized, ISIS and it's ideology should be met with the same resistance. Had the West focussed its attention on them, the terrorists wouldn't be as strong as they are today.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Nearly everyday, especially here in Europe there are news reports that so many Muslim's have left this or that country to join up and fight with IS, so its obviously having some impact.
While the principles of what they stand for might have been around for some time, IS is still a relatively new terrorist organization and it seems to have caught the attentions of Muslims that wouldn't of necessarily joined something like this in the past.