War against ISIS | Page 22 | World Defense

War against ISIS

Pinoy Jade

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
I guess there really is something going on. There must be a group of country controlling the IS. Or there maybe country giving funds to this IS. Without funds, they cannot run so i believe there is a conspiracy about this. There must be a government behind this group - an evil form of government

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Nearly everyday, especially here in Europe there are news reports that so many Muslim's have left this or that country to join up and fight with IS, so its obviously having some impact.
While the principles of what they stand for might have been around for some time, IS is still a relatively new terrorist organization and it seems to have caught the attentions of Muslims that wouldn't of necessarily joined something like this in the past.
Propaganda on social media has made it possible for the terrorist organization to reach more people than the other terrorist networks could in the past. Hacking and disabling the social media accounts of ISIS sympathizers might make it harder for them to recruit Muslims who don't live in the Middle East.

I guess there really is something going on. There must be a group of country controlling the IS. Or there maybe country giving funds to this IS. Without funds, they cannot run so i believe there is a conspiracy about this. There must be a government behind this group - an evil form of government

Some conspiracy theorists believe that ISIS was created by Mossad and CIA but much as I love a good conspiracy theory, I don't believe that.

sazzydan

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I do not think it is being used as a screen of any sort, but I do think that the problem with IS will be wiped out fairly soon. The threat is growing every day and the EU and US will not stand for the killings for much longer.

There has been to many deaths already of innocent people, so a tactical team will or should be deployed to wipe these extremists out before anyone else gets killed.

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Breaking

Iraqi Shiite militias have 'pulled back' from Tikrit: US general

Al Arabiya News

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
With the US and the UK, I think its a very tricky situation down to what they have been involved in before, especially in the middle east.
Its a lot easier for, I can't remember the country, was it Jordan that the president or king came out and said he would do everything he could to neutralize IS and then went on gung-ho bombing missions for about 5 straight days?
I don't know if this had much impact and while I'm sure everybody would love to see IS wiped out, its not going to be as simple as that.

May102014

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
6 0 0
Country
USA
Conspiracy or not, they sure are going to remain for long to distract our attention from the other problems relating to other factors such as our economy. And yeah, they're just another terrorist group who are broadcasting their unlawful acts as if they achieved so much and try to threaten us with their power. I hope that those wars from different part of the world will end soon and promote peace and harmony to each other.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
This is a bit disturbing. A Pro-ISIS hacking group just posted a list of US soldier's information such as pictures and home address on the internet. The list is posted with a message to kill those service members and their families.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
Did they ever find out if it was true or not? The last I heard was when they said they were investigating the claims.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, anonymous promises to take their site off the Internet.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think IS is probably the first terrorist organisation to so called 'embrace' the multimedia age, using YouTube, Facebook and twitter as recruitment sites.
A virtual world to show what they can do and how powerful they are becoming, I think stopping this will cause a massive dent in their rise, but...unfortunately I don't think stopping this is possible. Its very hard to shut down accounts and when they are found and closed, its all too easy to start another one.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Personally I think the other issues are issues that could be peaceable resolved and even could have been prevented. If they had then we would not have been slightly distracted from the real issue to the entire globe. Terrorism. However, none of the issues that are occurring are fully distraction the US and EU because they are still handling the issues pretty well in my opinion. Of course they could do better, but I think they are doing what they can in face of the multitude of issues that are currently occurring.

Pinoy Jade

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
I think IS is probably the first terrorist organisation to so called 'embrace' the multimedia age, using YouTube, Facebook and twitter as recruitment sites.
A virtual world to show what they can do and how powerful they are becoming, I think stopping this will cause a massive dent in their rise, but...unfortunately I don't think stopping this is possible. Its very hard to shut down accounts and when they are found and closed, its all too easy to start another one.
I do agree, IS is the type of group who uses modern technology to spread their evil deeds. Ont televisions and i have even watched their video on YoutTube beheading those innocent people., If only they could track the US and end this terrorism

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I never thought I'd have to repeat this question but... have you ever seen Game of Thrones? Are you familiar with the International Relations theory on realism? What's happening in our world today is no different from what's happening in the famous HBO series. Everyone's vying for one thing: power. With power comes the right to lord over other realms. No one's taking their eyes off Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, what have you. However, we can set aside our problems with the other kingdoms because the real enemy before us now are the Whitewalkers, those evil zombies living outside the wall. ISIS are the Whitewalkers. They don't belong to any country or border and they kill people indiscriminately, regardless of race or religion.

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
War with Isis: US approved air strikes on militants in Iraq on condition Iranian-backed Shia militias were removed from operation to retake Tikrit

America’s top commander for the Middle East, General Lloyd Austin, has revealed that the US insisted that Iranian-backed Shia militias be removed from the battle to retake Tikrit city from Isis before it agreed to join the effort with air strikes.

General Austin spoke to members of Congress one day after the US began aerial operations to give new impetus to the weeks-old campaign to retake Tikrit. Baghdad had appealed for air support, and today Iraqi special forces were reportedly advancing towards the centre of Tikrit.

Concern has been building on Capitol Hill that as the US expands its military co-operation with the Iraqi government against Isis, it risks working hand-in-hand with Tehran which is also sending men and equipment into Iraq for the same purpose.

“It is hard to see how empowering Iran’s proxies is in the… interest of an inclusive Iraq or a stable Middle East,” Ed Royce, the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, noted.

The Pentagon has insisted it is not co-ordinating operations with any Iran-related forces. But this is the first time the US has demanded the removal of Shia militias as a condition for engagement.

General Austin also said the US required the Iraqi authorities to provide assurances that all those fighting in Tikrit were under its command. “Once those conditions were met – which included [Shia] militias not being involved – then we were able to proceed,” General Austin told the committee.

He also said he would never endorse any joint operations with the militias: “[After] three tours in Iraq, commanding troops who were brutalised by some of these… militias, I will not… co-ordinate or co-operate with Shia militias.”

Retired General John Allen, President Barack Obama’s special envoy to the coalition fighting Isis, told members that the campaign is making progress, particularly in Iraq where Isis has lost more than a quarter of the populated territory it once held. “We’re clearly degrading its capabilities,” he said. But he acknowledged the situation in Syria is harder to assess.
War with Isis: US approved air strikes on militants in Iraq on condition Iranian-backed Shia militias were removed from operation to retake Tikrit - Middle East - World - The Independent

TinVanMan

Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
This is good news, not just because it is good in and of itself. It also shows a trend that no one is going to accept this incursion of ISIS. All the publicity may gain them some followers, but it also gains them far more new enemies. I don't think anyone wants ISIS to move into their country and take over whatever local culture they have establish over centuries.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I've never seen game of thrones so i couldnt possibly comment if I'm honest.