War against ISIS | Page 25 | World Defense

War against ISIS

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
IS is just like a mask of powerful countries and behind that mask is a country that is powerful enough to control the IS group. I dont believe that IS is just as simple as that yet powerful to create a global terror. There must be a support from outside government for it to work. IS is a simple group yet it has big impact on the world. IS is a group of terrorist controlled by powerful countries. I dont think they can sustain the power and equipment within themselves. Someone out there is funding the group - i just hope it is not America. i have watched lots of conspiracy theories and i have this fear.

If it wasn't for the US then the CIA would have discover who is behind ISIS.

rofltank

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
If you think of it, the ISIS is really not powerful at all. The reason why they are one of the heads of media today is because of how unethical they are and the fools around the world that decide to join the ISIS. @xTinx makes a good analogy regarding Game of Thrones and our world today although [fortunately] there's not as much wars or killing. The ISIS is obviously a somewhat growing threat but it would be silly to think that countries are using ISIS as a "distraction."

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
You can't negotiate with groups such as ISIS. Would anyone offer them what they want? A "Caliphate" in the Middle East? For argument's sake let's suppose they're allowed to keep the territory they've seized, would that stop them from trying to extend their Caliphate to the borders of China as they planned? Would they stop killing innocent people who aren't their allies? The answer is no.

I think the joint Arab military force might be able to defeat ISIS. But that's after they're done dealing with the Houthi insurgency.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
I wonder if Saddam Hussein was still in power if ISIS would have had the power to invade Iraq like this. I can't help to feel sorry for the populations that are always in war...

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I can't imagine what the alternative to war could be in this situation. I think if there were one we woe have done it already. Them being allowed to get away with the atrocities they're committing is only fueling the fire.

Chingling

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
While I agree that this conflict is not our war, I do not think that this is a good reason to stay out. America does not want to get involved because they do not see how it affects them at all. But eventually, groups like these that are not taking care of have the potential to get much more powerful and gain a large influence. Sure, this is probably a low chance, but eventually it will happen. And besides, lives are being lost everyday. Families and hometowns are ruined by these people who claim that they are fighting for their religion that they do not even follow correctly. These people are humans, just like us. So how can we stay here and not do anything.

TommyVercetti

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
It's definitely time, at least in my opinion for an 'all-out' war type scenario against these animals. The key thing that would make these work, and the only thing our governments are waiting on is the solid promise and terms of a multilateral coalition; in other words, we need allies to share the budget, and the blame (if things go south afterwards.)

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Turkey arrests British nationals seeking to cross border to Syria

e0104d92-8560-4f02-854e-c9dd4f7acc9a_16x9_600x338.jpg

Turkey has in the last months been repeatedly criticised by its Western allies for not doing enough to halt the flow across Turkish territory. (Shutterstock)

By AFP | Istanbul
Wednesday, 1 April 2015

Turkey has arrested nine British nationals on the Syrian border as they sought to illegally cross over from Turkey, the army said on Thursday.

"Nine people of British nationality were arrested on the border trying to enter Syria from Turkey," the army said in a statement on its website, adding that the arrests took place in the Hatay region of southern Turkey.

The army gave no further details on the identities and intentions of those arrested.

Turkey has in the last months been repeatedly criticised by its Western allies for not doing enough to halt the flow across Turkish territory of European nationals seeking to join (IS) jihadists in Syria.

However it has made a number of arrests in recent months and insists it is doing all it can to control the border.

A group of nine British medical students of Sudanese origin went missing last month after travelling to Turkey with the apparent aim of crossing into Syria to join IS.

Ankara was sharply criticised over the failure to stop three British teenage girls who crossed the Turkey-Syria border to join IS in February.

But in late March it deported back to Britain a young British woman and three male teenagers suspected of trying to travel to Syria.

Last Update: Wednesday, 1 April 2015 KSA 21:07 - GMT 18:07
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2015/04/01/Turkey-arrests-nine-British-nationals-seeking-to-cross-border-to-Syria.html

wahmed

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
As a Muslim I think all the fake spots on the name of Islam need to be burned alive slowly

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody want to bring these people to the table and "talk" to them?

I think it's time people sat down and actually talked. I don't mean actually meeting their demands, just having a realistic conversation about what they are expecting. If the leaders are killed, other people will fill their positions out of a multitude of reasons. However if they simply quit it would deter the entire ISIS following.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Well yeah. The conspiracy mongers can't get enough of this issue. They want to spread the idea that the United States was behind this sudden emergence of wannabe terrorists. As if the country doesn't have anything else to contend with.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
If it wasn't for the US then the CIA would have discover who is behind ISIS.

How so? I mean, the US is doing a lot to end the ISIS threat and the CIA is part of the US.... so how exactly is the US interfering with the CIA?

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Is is is currently dealing with a horrible skin plague. I can't say I feel the least bit sorrow for them. Whether it was brought on by the CIA or God himself, I hope it wipes out all of those cochroaches.

missarianemadison

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Philippines
I live in the Philippines and I heard the news that IS will be in our country specifically in Mindanao. Mindanao is an area in the Philippines which has terrorists like MILF. I wonder if you heard about SAF 44? They were murdered by the terrorists during the fight. Mindanao actually is a place for war (and I live in Luzon which is far from Mindanao). There are a lot of terrorists in that area and what they would want is to have it as their own. They are Muslims and they want to conquer Mindanao in a way that they would want to have their own flag, have their own laws and be separated from the Philippines. That's what they are fighting for, our president actually agreed to pass that law (Bangsamoro Basic Law) which I think is not a good idea. There are Christians in Mindanao and I cannot imagine what Muslims would do to them.